• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

TRG 42 OAL

Alaskaman11

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 21, 2009
Last Frontier
IN a 42 338LM is there a standerd length to the lands, I dont have a OAL gauge yet, but I was questioning OAL that the manual was stating. I plan to run the 250 scenar

Re: TRG 42 OAL

Mag length is about 3.680", I can seat my 250 Scenars out to roughly 3.800" if I want to single feed them, which I don't.

Chambers will vary, so use the dummy round method to get you into the lands.

Chris

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ChrisGarrett</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Mag length is about 3.680", I can seat my 250 Scenars out to roughly 3.800" if I want to single feed them, which I don't.

Chambers will vary, so use the dummy round method to get you into the lands.

Chris </div></div>

is that where you put somthing on the bullet and run it home?

Just seat the bullet long, then try to chamber. If bullet touches rifling, seat it another .010 to .020 deeper, and try again. Once the round chambers without resistance and marking on the bullet from the rifling, you are there. You can then seat another bullet a little longer to test it again and see if there are any markings on it. Then take not of your OAL, and go from there.