• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

TRG appreciation thread - Part III

Did not hear anything about the classic models being taken out of production. At least they seem to be not as dumb as AI concerning this part.

The old models are up to anything you might want to throw at them. I have been favouring the AI for a long time and am now even considering selling them due to the performance and comfort i get out of my TRGs.

The TRG is the perfect hybrid of weight, accuracy and ruggedness for me these days.

If they ever discontinue them i immediately get another TRG 22 just in case.

Congrats!

Buying all available spare parts seems a bit excessive. The A1 models are the same old action in a chassis, so parts should be available for a long time.

I haven't heard of many firing pins breaking, but do as you wish. Buy a "bolt stop kit", an "extractor spring kit" and you're set.
Why the bolt stop kit? Only thing I could think of breaking is the retaining pin?

Why the bolt stop kit? Only thing I could think of breaking is the retaining pin?
'Cause the pin is not sold separately... which is kind of good since the bolt stop is not hardened and if the pin brakes and you continue using the rifle (and continue to run the bolt too hard) the hole in the bolt stop gets elongated.

How many rounds do you think a TRG can take until it falls apart? There are AWs with 20 barrels on. Just curious on how long such a rifle will last. Personally i think they are more or less indestructible apart from the barrel and maybe the bolt?

Bit of a foolish question but I’m looking at Sako’s oem 3 ring (34mm Low) mount
Specifically looking at S151F972.

Will I need any other mounting hardware other than this mount and the factory pic rail off? Seen several sites/forums say its pic rail, others say special mounting. Thank you
Pt

Bit of a foolish question but I’m looking at Sako’s oem 3 ring (34mm Low) mount
Specifically looking at S151F972.

Will I need any other mounting hardware other than this mount and the factory pic rail off? Seen several sites/forums say its pic rail, others say special mounting. Thank you
Pt
If you mean this mount, it will attach directly to the action rail. I would go with a Spuhr or something similar over the Sako mount. It’s steel and each ring is attached to the base with a screw/bolt.

Attachments

• IMG_4178.jpeg
    IMG_4178.jpeg
    200.7 KB · Views: 10
Reactions: PotatoeTactical
If you mean this mount, it will attach directly to the action rail. I would go with a Spuhr or something similar over the Sako mount. It’s steel and each ring is attached to the base with a screw/bolt.
Just ordered the last ST-4808, its a bit tall but only option I could find left out of my trusted spots. Should be about the same or slightly lower than what I have had set up initially with the low pro rail and 1.5” mount. If not, I have a printer and extra carbon fiber filament at work to make a few spacers.

if those 3 rings come down in price to 350-400 Id cope one just for aesthetics. As they just look right.