• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

TRG bipod issue

bth87

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 9, 2009
Tucson, AZ
So having just gotten back form New Mexico shooing over the weekend and taking apart my TRG I noticed a small scuff mark on the underside of the barrel directly above where the edge of the factory bipod sits. When I looked at the bipod i noticed a matching scuff mark where the Bipod and underside of the barrel must be hitting each other during recoil. I was wondering if any of the other TRG shooters here have had the same experience?
Ben

Re: TRG bipod issue

I have heard of this, yes.

Hi Ben

I have an unmodified TRG bipod on my TRG42 chassis, and had a similar issue (not sure if it is same as yours). The scuff marks are caused by the fact that the natural stop for the side-to-side tilt of the TRG bipod is when the rifle barrel presses against the flat sides of the bipod assembly. I found that the marks were cause by general movement of the rifle with the bipod connected.

I solved my problem by sticking some one-side-glued tape on the flat surface of the bipod where the barrel pressed. I used tape that had a bit of sponge in its body. That pretty much solved the problem for me.

Another way to solve it that I have heard of, is to fit an o-ring onto the bipod's swivel mechanism. The o-ring acts as a rubber stop to the rifle's pivot movement in the bipod, and has the added benefit (if you use a nice thick o-ring) of reducing your rifle's side-to-side flop in the bipod (which ex-Harris bipod users don't like about the TRG bipod).

Hope this helps.

Cheers
Jaco

I've heard about it on the 42's but not on the 22's.

Thanks for the responses I put some electrical tape on the top of the bi pod and we'll see how that works I may break down and put some o rings in there as suggested and maybe get rid of some of the slop. I don't see this as being a huge issue as the gun preforms extremely well regardless.
Ben