• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

TRG bipod question

jbell

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
  • Jan 16, 2010
    Lewiston, ME
    I have been shooting my TRG bipod a while now and love it. I do have a problem with it though. When shooting in grass its awsome but on gravel and other hard surfaces it slides forward as I shoot. I have to keep creeping forward to follow it. I am a little worried for this winter and shooting on ice. Does anyone have any experiance and recomendations. I was thinking of like some slip on rubber feet , anyone make any? I realy dont want to go and drill holes to attach anything.

Re: TRG bipod question

Everything is going to slip on ice. You can either break up the ice and create stops for the bipod feet or make a furring strip with a couple of holes drilled in it and drive some nails through it and into the ice. I guess it would only be worth it if your going to be firing from the same location and position a few times.

Here's a crappy mspaint diagram to better explain what I'm trying to describe.

Bipodstop.jpg

A couple of sheet metal screws for winter ice would work but I would hate to see that bipod buggered up. You could run some screws through two pieces of rubber and glue them to the bottom of the feet or use a larger strip to just place the bipod feet on (works like a mat).

Im not too worried about the ice I have cut holes in it before for the bipod feet and it works ok. My main concern is the gravel and very hard packed dirt or other hard surfaces like wood or concrete. That is where I am coming up w/ a blank. I know I can perminately glue rubber to the feet but they work too good in the grass to do that to them. I would like some slip on type things , like you can get for the Parker Hale. Thanks for the input already though. I may start carring a peice of wood w/ screws to screw into the ice and use as a stop for the bipod from now on , I have never thought of that.

With the wood and screws you could do the same! Just bring a wooden mallet or your fist and pound it into the ground to set the screws into the ground!