• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

TRG magazines

chariotdriver

Private
Minuteman
May 27, 2011
Olympia, WA
Mine sucks...........it's loose and doesn't feed very well. Unless, the front part of the mag is held up tight. Still can't believe they get $175 for these stamped out accoutrements. The gun does shoot very well though ;)

For the cost of less than 2 factory Sako mags, you can get a conversion from KRG that'll allow you to run AICS mags in your TRG. I'm not sure they're a vendor so I won't post a link but use your googlefu. Well worth it, IMO.

My mags fit like a glove and yours should too.

Call Beratta USA customer service and tell them the problem. I bet they will exchange it for you at no cost. I have heard some people bitch about their service, but my personal experience with them has been quite good.

Let us know how it turns out.

WOW, I have 2 for my rifle and have shot 2 other rifles (a 22 and a 42) and they all have been 100%. Infact its one of my favorite things about the rifles, one of many. I actually think they feed smoother than an AICS or and AW mag...

I have 2 trg 22 with 4 mags total. All mags feed slicker than a greased owl turd in both guns. Are you mags sloppy in the gun? You can adjust the tension with a little block under the forearm.

Sounds like a customer service issue. Never had a problem with mine (aside from price and availability !) although at the beginning it needed a firm tap from below to seat.

For the cost of less than 2 factory Sako mags, you can get a conversion from KRG that'll allow you to run AICS mags in your TRG. I'm not sure they're a vendor so I won't post a link but use your googlefu. Well worth it, IMO.

I actually looked into that and found that a lot of guys are just running AICS 10 round magazines in their stock magwell. Supposedly they function fine, but have a loose fit. From my measurements ont he TRG mag versus what others have posted for AICS dimensions, it seems that the AICS mag is roughly .015"-.020" smaller in both length and width than the factory TRG piece. I need to order an AICS magazine in order to confirm and put everything into a 3D model, but it seems to me that it would be quite simple to make a 'wrapper' of sorts in order to make AICS (and AW) magazines fit the TRG perfectly. My main concern is if there is a magazine catch height difference between them, since this would change the relationship between the top round in the magazine and the centerline of the action, which is critical for proper feeding.

I'll order an AICS magazine today to figure out a definite answer on this. In any case, I couldn't justify paying for the KRG conversion to change the heart of my rifle from Sako's original engineering. KRG are a sharp crew, they really make nice stuff, this one just isn't for me.

Also, FWIW, my biggest complaint with the TRG magazines is not price, but availability. I just want one more, and can't find them anywhere. Meanwhile, AICS compatible magazines are readily available, being 1/3 the price is just icing on the cake.

-matt

Never had a problem with availability and just checked Midway and they show 308, 300 and 338 all as available.

Thanks for the great info. Just noticed the label on the box; ordered a black gun, received a black gun, label on the box says green but the serial numbers match what's stamped on the gun. Maybe a stock swap leaving the above mentioned adjustment block a little out of whack. I really like the idea of a 10rnd mag.

Sako mags are generally pretty good. I say generally because I have one that holds only 9 rounds, but usually they feed well and are built well.

We are indeed a site sponsor but our conversion kit isn't necessarily the answer. It's geared toward someone with a bunch of AICS mags and several rifles that use AICS mags and it makes the TRG fit in with them.

You can adjust the fit of the magazine both by adjusting the forend and by adjusting the little aluminum block that sits inside the "backbone" and puts tension on the mag. It has a set screw, just loosen and adjust.

Sako did a good job with the rifle but when you really look at it you can see where they cut some corners, most likely for production efficiency not as an engineering oversight. We cleaned some of that up with our conversion kit but the rifle works as is; that fact has been proven repeatedly.
Justin