• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

TRG Rifles picture thread.....??

Just had mine hydro dipped in Kryptek Highlander.

DC91EF7A-887D-48B6-8E7F-2D662055B509.jpg
[/URL]

Great look; how do you like the rear mono-pod and how does it affects accuracy, vs a rear bag, on different surfaces?

I prefer shooting off a bag... I believe it's more accurate. I have the monopod as a second option. Depending on what I'm doing, sometimes it's more practical... less weight and bulk. If I have to do much hiking, this gun and my pack are heavy enough, lol.

badcompany - did you have some kind of clear or durable coat to go over the dip to increase longevity or add grit for grip?

badcompany - did you have some kind of clear or durable coat to go over the dip to increase longevity or add grit for grip?

I had them spray a flat clear coat over it for longevity. There's not much added texture around the grip but it's really not needed the way I shoot it. I suppose a guy could add more texture around the grip if needed pretty easy.

I prefer shooting off a bag... I believe it's more accurate. I have the monopod as a second option. Depending on what I'm doing, sometimes it's more practical... less weight and bulk. If I have to do much hiking, this gun and my pack are heavy enough, lol.

lol...same here; very recently added monopod on TRG22, not sure if will add one on 42; gotta get use to it first but for now, feel just like you do.

A few pictures of my TRG 22, freshly painted today using 4 krylon ultra flat colours. That's a PRS tripod I touched up a while back.

enujenuv.jpg

9aju7ydy.jpg

3y5ebyju.jpg

Reactions: Kwe1982
Gave the 14 y old trg a "new" coat....

Just added some cheap charlie paint, easily removable.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    980.9 KB · Views: 65
Yeah, rifle now weighs 10.4kg, but part of that comes also from the folder and the 32 inch barrel i now have on it, so its kinda of a beast when hanging on your shoulder. Shooting 208 amax at 810mps, almost same trajectory as a 338lm with a 20 inch barrel. Some form of like a poor mans 338 setup. ;)

I have got a picatinny fetish...
The rail is origenal Sako, called mmrs. You can find it on their site.

Man! it's nice to see all these TRG's. I personally don't mind all the custom paint jobs but Ill be leaving mine in factory green. Mine came with the ITRS accessory rail system, I didn't care to much for it but it does look cool. After I bought a NF 3-15X50 scope I discovered it would not fit on the gun due to the top rail, I ended up removing the ITRS rail and taking it to a machine shot where I had about an inch 1/2 cut off. The scope now fits nicely on the gun. I've owned this gun now for several years with no regrets. The only negative would be that factory accessories are very expensive, I would love to change over to the skeleton stock but at $2700 I don't think so.

Hey! maybe Eurooptic could put a group buy together on these stocks, I'm sure there's a lot of TRG owners here that would jump on a good deal on these....anyway just a thought.....

Yeah, rifle now weighs 10.4kg, but part of that comes also from the folder and the 32 inch barrel i now have on it, so its kinda of a beast when hanging on your shoulder. Shooting 208 amax at 810mps, almost same trajectory as a 338lm with a 20 inch barrel. Some form of like a poor mans 338 setup. ;)

Hi NachKracht

Great looking rifle.

I guess your rifle is a TRG 42 300WM. If you do not mind, I have a few questions; where did you get it re barreled, what barrel brand and contour do you have now and how is your accuracy with new barrel? I have a couple of TRG's (.308 and .338LM) and eventually the .338 will need a new barrel, so looking for options.

Thanks.

Holy crap! That's 22 lbs! You're a beast dude. How much did it run you if you don't mind me asking?

only pic I have is when a groundhog strolled across my range right behind my 500 yard target stand,,,300 Scenar sent him to the great clover field in the sky,,

At ombre;

It is a lothar walther barrel, 32 inch, 1-10twist. But.....its not a trg42, it is a trg 22 in regular 308w. Just got the freekin long and heavy barrell to shoot them 208 amax.
I dont mind the weight, no need for crawling during a stalk, most hunting is done from bipod or tripod or the hood of my car and sometimes from a highseat. Its not suited for drivin hunts, but i am not a fan of shooting at running animals, most of them dont get killed clean.

With 155 grain scenars i get average .4-.5 moa, thats with slow short range loads.
With the heavy 208 amax and heavy loads i get it around 3/4 moa. But spfar did not go beyond 300m with the new barrel. Next week i hope to touch a thousand and maybe a little further.

At sig;
The barrel cost around 400€.

Last edited:
At ombre;

It is a lothar walther barrel, 32 inch, 1-10twist. But.....its not a trg42, it is a trg 22 in regular 308w. Just got the freekin long and heavy barrell to shoot them 208 amax.
I dont mind the weight, no need for crawling during a stalk, most hunting is done from bipod or tripod or the hood of my car and sometimes from a highseat. Its not suited for drivin hunts, but i am not a fan of shooting at running animals, most of them dont get killed clean.

With 155 grain scenars i get average .4-.5 moa, thats with slow short range loads.
With the heavy 208 amax and heavy loads i get it around 3/4 moa. But spfar did not go beyond 300m with the new barrel. Next week i hope to touch a thousand and maybe a little further.

At sig;
The barrel cost around 400€.

OK, I thought 300 WM when I saw 208 AMAX but was wrong; 178 AMAX and 175 SMK work well for my TRG 22 but often heard shooters having great results with 155 too; never tried these.
Did you get the work done in USA or NL (assuming NL is Netherlands)?

What are Jordanian specs?
Thanks

Built up to Jordanian army spec, there was a load of these into the uk due to a cancelled order.

All tan, some fixed, some folders, some 308 some 338, all with the extended chassis, itrs rail, piccatinny rail and flash hider.
So I guess as mine has a folding stock, and came with a flash hider, that must make it an assault rifle eh ? Lol

Pete

Shit, always like this rifle in green, should have never sold mine, have an AT AI on order but always loved these

Just scored myself a brand new, desert tan, fixed stock TRG 42 in .338LM, with three mags, brake and bipod for £3,500, again, a Jordanian spec with extended chassis, steel piccatinny rail, phosphate finish and the ITRS rail and flash hider. Pics to follow when I get my greasy mitts on it.

[emoji4][emoji4][emoji4]

new to me trg 22
bartlein 20" 308 barrel installed by sac.
purchased off a member here. still need to give him kudos/positive feedback.
just loaded 100 rounds of 175gr hpbt nosler comp with 43 of re15. lapua brass and cci 200's (first batch ive ever loaded :S i checked everything twice and went reeeeeal slow)
badger 30mm rings arrive today from another member. sap sling arriving today as well.
badger fte micro arrives tomorrow

have access to a buddies ffp vortex 4-16 that i will be using for my first outing or two but i am thinking a swfa ss 3-15 ffp is going to be the perm fixture.

full quality pic to come when glass is on it...

ps - first post! hi every body!

Attachments

• in hand.jpg
    in hand.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 36
COME ON GUYS WHATS GREAT ABOUT THIS PICTURE ONLY ONE THAT I KNOW OF ?????????
LOOK HARD BUT OBVIOUS
Is it an extended TRG mag or is it an AI mag and the rifle was fitted with a KRG AICS conversion backbone.

KRG quit making the conversion backbone in 2015'ish maybe 2014. I have one in my TRG-22, I got mine in 2014. Very occasionally you see one come up for sale. Now I run ARC mags with Area 419 extensions. I can load 12-14 rounds of 6.5 Sweedmoor/Addiction. When I got it I used AI or Alpha 10 round mags for 6.5x47. I couldn't get the 6.5x47s to feed reliably from the Sako mags, hence the reason I made the switch.

How many rounds can you get into your custom mag? What spring did you use to have enough strength after you joined them? You must be very adept at welding and put a lot of time into blending.

Last edited: