• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

TRG Rifles picture thread.....??

KRG quit making the conversion backbone in 2015'ish maybe 2014. I have one in my TRG-22, I got mine in 2014. Very occasionally you see one come up for sale. Now I run ARC mags with Area 419 extensions. I can load 12-14 rounds of 6.5 Sweedmoor/Addiction. When I got it I used AI or Alpha 10 round mags for 6.5x47. I couldn't get the 6.5x47s to feed reliably from the Sako mags, hence the reason I made the switch.

How many rounds can you get into your custom mag? What spring did you use to have enough strength after you joined them? You must be very adept at welding and put a lot of time into blending.
21 rounds , joined them together with silver solder just don't trust it enough want to tig weld it.

I just had my trg rebarreled with a brux barrel in 6.5x47. I had the barrel and action cerakoted and also got the stock done with duracoat.
I only have a few rounds through it to run it in and things are looking good.

Attachments

• IMG-4209f045e75588402ee50cb3d8fda405-V.jpg
    IMG-4209f045e75588402ee50cb3d8fda405-V.jpg
    239.9 KB · Views: 102
I just had my trg rebarreled with a brux barrel in 6.5x47. I had the barrel and action cerakoted and also got the stock done with duracoat.
I only have a few rounds through it to run it in and things are looking good.
Looks nice does the 6.5 x 47 cycle okay being around a inch sorter cartridge????

I only put a few rounds through it so far and they fed ok. I will test it properly next week .

Looks nice does the 6.5 x 47 cycle okay being around a inch sorter cartridge????

An inch shorter? Really?
Last time I loaded 6.5x47L the COL was 69.5mm.
I run my .308 win loaded with Scenar L 175 grains with a COL of 71mm. So there is a giant 1.5mm difference.

• Haha
Reactions: DJ 480
An inch shorter? Really?
Last time I loaded 6.5x47L the COL was 69.5mm.
I run my .308 win loaded with Scenar L 175 grains with a COL of 71mm. So there is a giant 1.5mm difference.
My bad I thought 6.5 x47 was shorter . When I looked it up I read it wrong .

Reactions: Vargmat
I have a CTK P3 Monopod for my TRG which I don’t care for because it moves around too much and a couple of different Accu-Shot Monopods that I need to try the next time I get to the range.

A photo from last weekends competiton. Ringing steel at 1000 meters.

1598774322225.png

TRG22 with KRG folder.
Sako bipod.
Ase Utra SL7BL suppressor.
Delta Stryker HD in Spuhr mount.

Reactions: CerebralDistortion
I'm toying with the idea of putting a monopod on mine, as I like how bipod/monopod handles on a friend's AI - how's the TRG off a monopod rather than a bag?

I started using monopods on all of my bolt action rifles about 8 years ago, they may not be as stable as a bag but I feel that they are more field expedient for my type of shooting. I removed the monopod and muzzle device from the TRG to comply with F class rules for a match and really struggled.

I have a CTK P3 Monopod for my TRG which I don’t care for because it moves around too much and a couple of different Accu-Shot Monopods that I need to try the next time I get to the range.
I'm looking at an Accu-Shot - I'd be curious to hear what you think if you test it.

I started using monopods on all of my bolt action rifles about 8 years ago, they may not be as stable as a bag but I feel that they are more field expedient for my type of shooting. I removed the monopod and muzzle device from the TRG to comply with F class rules for a match and really struggled.
Thanks for the insight... I think I'm likely to go ahead with it.

I'm looking at an Accu-Shot - I'd be curious to hear what you think if you test it.

Thanks for the insight... I think I'm likely to go ahead with it.

Sorry it took so long, I forgot to throw them in my bag last time I went but I remembered yesterday.

While I think the Accu-Shot is more stable than the CTK, the rifle will move off target when you rotate the Accu-Shot to adjust elevation so a good bag is still preferred.

Sorry it took so long, I forgot to throw them in my bag last time I went but I remembered yesterday.

While I think the Accu-Shot is more stable than the CTK, the rifle will move off target when you rotate the Accu-Shot to adjust elevation so a good bag is still preferred.

Thanks for that - I think you're probably right but the monopod idea is annoyingly enticing haha.

Thanks for that - I think you're probably right but the monopod idea is annoyingly enticing haha.

The worst part of the TRG is the shape of the butt stock and I’ve been thinking about making some kind of bag rider for bench use.

Edit to remove the link to the Bag Rider due to communications issues with the company.

Last edited: