• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

TRG22, Poor Ejection, and BerettaUSA

Snipers

Private
Minuteman
Jun 6, 2009
I was having ejection problems since I bought the rifle 2.5 years ago. At best, only about 90-95% of the spent cartridges ejected properly. Five-10% never made it out of the breech area. In addition, I had to briskly pull back on the bolt to achieve an inadequate level of reliability. I have posted this issue before and I know others have had a similar problem. I finally decided to bring this matter to BerettaUSA’s attention and they were able to fix it (in two attempts) at no charge to me. The extractor was replaced and what a difference this has made. The extractor was definitely the problem. Any of you having similar issues should contact Beretta, describe the problem, and indicate extractor as a highly probable cause. Two “thumbs up” for Beretta-USA.

Good to know. Beretta CS has a pretty poor reputation. Now if only they'd bring back the T3 Varmint in .308... or 6.5 Creedmoor

Well, the CS did start out a little rough and it took two attempts to fix (didn't listen to me, or the message didn't get communicated properly) However, once the CS Director became involved it was properly fixed. They even sent me a video of the rifle being test fired and the spent cases being ejected. Beretta is within driving distance, so I was able to test a couple of spent cases when I picked it up (just to make sure).

Yeah - I was aware of Beretta's reputation, and I was a complete "dick" from the beginning. That is why I feel it is necessary for me to post the positive result. I had a problem, I was a "tool" about it, but they still fixed it quickly (1 week) at no charge. I have to give kudos when appropriate, because I would have equally "trashed" them (very professionally, I might add) if they didn't respond appropriately.

The other reason I posted is to help some of the forum members that were having a similar problem, and was told - that is how the rifle is. That's not how the rifle works - it is broken and needs to be fixed.

Good to know. Beretta CS has a pretty poor reputation. Now if only they'd bring back the T3 Varmint in .308... or 6.5 Creedmoor

Pretty close with the T3 Sporter in .260, comes threaded with a 24" 1:8 twist bull barrel. They even got the twist rate right!