• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Triad Precision Rifle Carry Case (New Product)

Triad

Old Dude
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Nov 14, 2003
KC
www.triadtactical.com
Triad Tactical, Inc.*::*Triad Tactical*::*Triad Precision Rifle Carry Case

I had wanted to roll this out before the "Summer Break" but just could not. Back in the early days of Triad, we use to have a custom short drag bag made to order for us. It was a very simple bag that had many features that I liked and not a lot else. But alas, the cost and logistics of making one-off products drove this bag off of my radar. Now a few years later, I am happy to bring some of those features back to market in the PRCC. It will be made in two sizes, OAL up to 42" and OAL up to 52", and will be available in BLACK, OLIVE DRAB, COYOTE BROWN and MULTICAM. Multicam and Black should arrive early next week, and Coyote and OD about a week later.

Here are a few photos:
IMG_0888.jpgTriadDragBag_20130421_60D_45.jpgTriadDragBag_20130421_60D_20.jpgTriadDragBag_20130421_60D_16.jpg

Here is the information as it appears on the Triad site:
Triad Precision Rifle Carry Case The Triad Precision Rifle Carry Case (PRCC) reaches a happy place in the search for a padded soft case for precision/scoped rifles. Most "military style" drag bags, or products being sold as such, have features that are not needed by the vast majority of users, even those in military or law enforcement rolls. The PRCC has done away with some of those over the top features that are not needed and only add weight and cost.

Dimension information:
Rifles 42" oal and 11" tall or 52" oal and 11" tall.
Main body section in 2 1/2" thick.
Small outer pocket is 10x10x2.5"
Large outer pocket is 27x10x2.5"(tapers to about 3" at nose).

Weight:
42" = 3.00 pounds
52" = 3.25 pounds

Construction/features:
500D Cordura Material used in construction.
Padded Heavy duty #10 YKK zipper, which allows case to open flat for a shooting mat option.
Crown pocket to reduce rifle movement in case.
Drag/Carry straps at nose.
Numerous interior tie-down/attachment points in main section and both pockets.
Securely hold up to 38"or 48" cleaning rod.
BALANCED, briefcase style carry handles.
Removable padded backpack straps (optional) http://www.triadtactical.com/Triad-Backpack-Shoulder-Straps.html

The Triad Precision Rifle Carry Case is a proprietary product of Triad Tactical, manufactured in the USA.

Direct link to product: Triad Tactical, Inc.*::*Triad Tactical*::*Triad Precision Rifle Carry Case

Last edited:
Backpack Shoulder Straps are up on the site as of this morning. The great thing about these is that if you choose to remove them, there is almost no evidence left on the case. The attachment points are very low profile and add almost zero bulk to the case. The straps can be put on or taken of in about 30 seconds. If you buy one set of straps, you can use them on any Triad Precision Rifle Carry Case.

Triad Tactical, Inc.*::*Triad Tactical*::*Triad Backpack Shoulder Straps
IMG_0907.jpg

They should be in stock in four colors by the end of this coming week.

Last edited:
Looks like the 42" version would work well for the AI AEIII with 24" barrel/FTE brake(folded)?

Steve the 42" case is a great offering, been a struggle to find a soft rifle case for the shorter rifles for some time.

GAH! I just got my TacOps! I hate you, I have a big long list of things I'm going to buy from you as soon as I can settle down in one place for more than 2 months at a time. Now this added to the list, perfect for one of my rifles.

Tempting. I have been pondering a case to get a bit more stuff into.

You haven't got much of my cash lately...

Thread edited to add information about the shoulder straps to the second post. Info on the long bag will follow as soon as I can.

Looks great Steve. My 20" GAP bolt gun has needed an American Made case for quite some time.

Hope you are recovering Sir.

Doing pretty well Mike. Got all of my staples out on Thursday (26 on abdomen, 31 on lower back). X-ray of hardware and grafts looked good to Dr. Lots of walking in my future for the next 6 weeks, up to 2 miles a day already.

First 75 bags in all four colors and some of the shoulder straps have arrived. Also in there was the prototype of the 52" case. I need to check out the sizing and fit, as well as one added feature. Hope to wrap it up and pull the trigger on it by the end of the week.

Waiting on the 52" coyote brown. I've got materials cut to make myself a case for the 338, but it's worth the $200 to just buy it and save the day of sewing.

The first Coyote Brown batch of the longer 52" cases showed up today. I will let you know as soon as other colors arrive.

Just ordered one for my new rifle/scope setup. Anyone currently utilizing this bag? If so what are your opinions on the durability and protection level of the design/construction.

Last edited: