• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Triad Stock Pack vs. TacOps Cheek Pad

On it! We started on the modular version of the Large Stock Pack™ as soon as we did the first run of the standard size. Of course the large version will use the same accessory strips.

Sweet!!! Just curious, why do the modular cards only hold 9rds? My floor plate holds 5rds, I have been looking for a stock pack that holds 10rds since it is a multiple of 5. Call me OCD but I just like having a clean number of reloads on my rifle/person.

my tac ops fits on my macmillin a5 rifles just fine...im a big fan of tac ops, although i really am wanting something that will hold magazines, and the triad has their new one out.

i think triad needs to have a tac ops trade in policy. let me trade them one of my tac ops and give me a nice discount on a new triad...thats not unreasonable is it? :'>

Last edited:
After reading this I went ahead and ordered one from triad. Just wish their shipping wasnt so expensive.

Sweet!!! Just curious, why do the modular cards only hold 9rds? My floor plate holds 5rds, I have been looking for a stock pack that holds 10rds since it is a multiple of 5. Call me OCD but I just like having a clean number of reloads on my rifle/person.

OK so you are OCD.....
we did not want to go any longer to keep the strip from being near the end of the loop material on the pack. If the ends hang off, you have more of a snag hazard to pull the corner of the cards away.

After reading this I went ahead and ordered one from triad. Just wish their shipping wasnt so expensive.

Just got one from triad too and thought the same thing as I was checking out. However, I've always had very good experiences buying from Steve. In my experience he doesnt sell any junk and if he'll put his name on it I'm confident the product I get will meet or exceed my expectations, which the stock pack did. He even took care of a case of ammo that UPS "lost" In January and I had what I had ordered on my doorstep the next week. Good products and great service will keep me coming back regardless of a few bucks extra on shipping.

Yeah im afraid shipping costs are high everywhere these days. The fsct that they support the hide, make a teuly high quality product here in the US and made what I want is why I went ahead and ordered. I dont mind paying extra for quality and made in the US products. I think too many companies get hung up on quantity of quality and personally after getting burned on a cheapo midway shooting bag I'll never again order cheap. I picked up their stock pack, wedge bag and the new TAB ammo pack. Cant wait to try em out. He was also very nice on the phone when I called enquiring about availability on the tab bag. Good customer service is worth extra to me as well.

I previously had a TacOps stock pack and i wouldn't say I didn't like it but its not very old, nor has it seen a lot of hard use and its already got a bunch of loose strings hanging off it, and the stitching on the velcro is frayed. I just got my Triad in the mail today, and it already looks much better. The nylon is of higher quality, and the general fit and finish of the product overall higher. Also Triad offers a lot more styles than TacOps (large, small, modular, loops inside or outside). Sure, maybe I'm turning into a Triad fanboy, but they will be getting more money from me in the future. Also Triad has always been nice about answering any dumb questions I might have :D.

Edit: I might upload some pics that compare the two later.

Last edited:
Hey Steve, any idea how long before the large modular version or a large version with external bullet loops is available?
Thanks

I'm glad I stumbled on this thread today as I was about to do a search for the be all end all stock pack. Looks like Triad is the way to go. Buying two of 'em, like, right now.

Personally don't like any stock pack with external ammo loops. Great way to lose your spare rounds when moving through heavy brush or carrying you rifle slung.

I wish they came in Atacs and not just multi cam and the other standard flavors. Thanks for the info even from an older thread.

Another vote for Triad. Great guy to deal with and the pack is awesome. I do miss the heavier material of the old Eagle packs though. Steve, any specific reason other than cost you're using the thinner Cordura?

We hope to have them in about four weeks. The black suede like material is no longer available from our original supplier so we have been hunting for a good replacement for the last two months. We have a new material picked out and the first 100 yards should arrive next week. We will be adding a zipper pull so that all of our packs can be opened in either direction, like rifle cases or backpacks. This should end the argument about which way the zipper should be going for people to be happy. ALSO, the new material is available in a color that is close to khaki(hint of green) that will be a great color match for coyote, Multicam and Kryptic Highlander. Did I say Highlander??? We will be working to bring this color to all of our products in the next several months.

Triad Stock Pack New & Improved!

;) Steve, These improvements sound great! Hope to get the standard normal size stock pack in MultiCam with external loops as soon as they come available.
We hope to have them in about four weeks. The black suede like material is no longer available from our original supplier so we have been hunting for a good replacement for the last two months. We have a new material picked out and the first 100 yards should arrive next week. We will be adding a zipper pull so that all of our packs can be opened in either direction, like rifle cases or backpacks. This should end the argument about which way the zipper should be going for people to be happy. ALSO, the new material is available in a color that is close to khaki(hint of green) that will be a great color match for coyote, Multicam and Kryptic Highlander. Did I say Highlander??? We will be working to bring this color to all of our products in the next several months.

Steve, what are the size differences between the regular stock pack vs the large stock pack? I'm guessing the modular stock pack in both regular and large would be the same sizes as above?
I notice on your company website that the large stock pack is 4" by 6.75", so what's the regular size dimension? I can not find it mentioned anywhere on the site.

Oh, but the options from Triad....

IMG_0076.jpg

IMG_0073.jpg

400006-3.jpg

IMG_0018.JPG

Hey guys! Which pack is the 3rd one down? Also, are those 5 round AI mags in it?

Thanks!

Last edited:
Steve, any word on when you'll have some more triad stock pouches ready for sale in right multicam?

Steve, any word on when you'll have some more triad stock pouches ready for sale in right multicam?

21 variants showed up today, thats a total of 525. There are some small changes made to the product, so we have to update the info and photos on the site. We hope to have this done over the weekend.

Steve,
Still waiting for the new photo's and description of changes made to packs?
Also when are you going to have the packs available again on the website.
Would like to purchase at least one.

The internal and external loop version of the Triad Stock Pack™ have started to arrive. We have updated the online inventory to reflect what is already on hand. The cheek pad material is now available in a color other than black. We chose one color that goes will with OD, Khaki, Coyote, Ranger Green, Multicam and Kryptic Highlander(coming soon). Black will still get black. AND we added a second zipper pull to the pockets, like most backpacks and gear bags have.

https://www.triadtactical.com/Triad-Stock-Pack.html

IMG_1029.jpg

IMG_1022.jpg

Last edited:
Order placed 8/25/14 for one Multicam, Right handed, external regular pack and a Red Star Utility Tool Pouch!