• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Trigger for REM 700

My last build started as a factory Rem 700 in 223. Put it into a Bell & Carlson chassis. The rifle was one of those with the trigger recall, so I replaced the trigger with a Timney Calvin Elite unit with a safety on it. I have been please with it. 8oz but can be adjusted to be heavier as needed. Crisp with zero over travel. This is mostly a range toy. The trigger is a light as I would want it. Maybe a bit too light.

Good to know, thanks! For the Trigger Tech guys…is there and difference between the Special and Primary other than pull weight range? Are the internals the same?

Nice regurgitation of dullard media and low IQ talking points.

That "bitch" as you call her was a sweet old lady, 79-year-old Stella Liebeck, in the passenger seat, in a parked vehicle who received 3rd degree burns in her crotch region, was hospitalized and underwent skin grafts.....

View attachment 7796795

View attachment 7796802
I know I'm late to this thread, and off-topic, but thank you for posting up a correction to that misinformation. The infamous McD's coffee lawsuit is ridiculously misunderstood. +1 for knowing your stuff 👍

I’ve seen it stated on the hide, other forums, and at least one article that the Geissele Super 700 is the safest/most reliable Rem 700 trigger. I have two Triggertechs, one has been flawless and the other was warrantied for issues with the safety (nothing that would make the trigger unsafe). TT customer service was a breeze, and threw in a hat for the trouble.

Maybe someone with more knowledge can chime in, I haven’t been able to find an actual source for the claim in the image below, I’ve just seen it stated multiple times. Interestingly, it seems like the Super 700 is rarely recommended compared to TT or Timmey.

F39D9E58-BA08-479A-B3C7-0EC062D6E694.jpeg

I’ve seen it stated on the hide, other forums, and at least one article that the Geissele Super 700 is the safest/most reliable Rem 700 trigger. I have two Triggertechs, one has been flawless and the other was warrantied for issues with the safety (nothing that would make the trigger unsafe). TT customer service was a breeze, and threw in a hat for the trouble.

Maybe someone with more knowledge can chime in, I haven’t been able to find an actual source for the claim in the image below, I’ve just seen it stated multiple times. Interestingly, it seems like the Super 700 is rarely recommended compared to TT or Timmey.

View attachment 7803189
I have no empirical data to support the drop safe claim, but I have 2 Super 700 triggers. One on a TacOps Lima 51, the other on a RW Snyder 300wm. Both are adjusted to a 12oz 1st stage and a 2# overall break. I have racked the bolts as fast as I can both empty and with dummy rounds, dropped the rifles on their butts pretty forcefully and cycled the safety with trigger squeeze in between. Never had it let go except when it was supposed to.
I replaced my TT 2-stage with a Geissele. Better adjustability and doesn't have the creep-feel like the TT.

Last edited:
Reactions: HaydenLane

View attachment 7803189
I’ve heard that as well in reference the Super 700. I take the scope off my rifle and drop test it whenever installing or adjusting the trigger. I’ve never had an issue with the rifle not being drop safe but my pull weights are pretty heavy compared to most on this forum.

Reactions: HaydenLane
I’ve heard that as well in reference the Super 700. I take the scope off my rifle and drop test it whenever installing or adjusting the trigger. I’ve never had an issue with the rifle not being drop safe but my pull weights are pretty heavy compared to most on this forum.
My TTs are both over 2#, so I’m not overly concerned either. Still, I think my next trigger will be a Super 700. If it functions well, a little extra piece of mind won’t hurt.

View attachment 7803189
I guess they never tested the Tubb T7T trigger.

My TTs are both over 2#, so I’m not overly concerned either. Still, I think my next trigger will be a Super 700. If it functions well, a little extra piece of mind won’t hurt.
I’ll take a look at those, his AR triggers are outstanding. As stated earlier, durability is a high priority.

I've never had one single issue with my Tubb T7T 2 stage trigger. I have had a BnA Tacsport 2 stage quit working completely. I'm still not even sure what happened. I stripped it completely and cleaned it in a jar of alcohol and it worked again.

I've never had one single issue with my Tubb T7T 2 stage trigger. I have had a BnA Tacsport 2 stage quit working completely. I'm still not even sure what happened. I stripped it completely and cleaned it in a jar of alcohol and it worked again.

Came here to ask about the BnA TacSport 2 stage, guess I’ll stick with my TT.

It's still a very good trigger. I truly have no idea why it stopped working. I stripped it at the match between stages and managed to get it working good enough. There was nothing visibly wrong.