• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

F T/R Competition Trigger pull weight

mjh30

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 10, 2008
Edmonds Washington
I was wondering what folks felt was the optimum or ideal trigger weight for a dedicated F Class rifle should be. Is 2lbs too much on a good trigger?

Re: Trigger pull weight

I've got 12 ounces on a Jewell. I used to run about 12-16 ounces on a Savage accu-trigger. Somewhere in that range is what I prefer.

Chris

I like to be able to feel some pressure before it trips. My current rifles all have old style Remy triggers that are adjusted pretty light; however, I will say that by the time I get to the end of a 20 shot string it's starting to feel too heavy. I'm thinking that I'm going to go Jewel when I build my dedicated TR rifle.

My target accutrigger is set on 8 oz. If I were using a Jewell, I would set it on 1-2 oz.

Bench rest you can go as light as 2oz safely, but if you use an adjustable trigger like a jewel I would work my way up, or down, to that weight. I set my triggers for tactical to about 16 oz. But If I shot on the bench one shot at a time no speed work I would run lighter.

I like a good, two stage, breaking around one pound, years of shooting double action revolvers with 10-12lbs trigger makes the 1 lbs really light to me.

About 1.5-2 lbs is about what I like, but admittedly that is higher than what most of the average F class shooters are running. The real light triggers are just too light for me.

I have a tendency to tap a super light trigger. My F-Class rifle is also an LR hunting rifle and like all my rifles has a trigger around 2.5 pounds.

A crisp, clean release means more to me than how much pull it takes.