• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Trigger tech diamond

47guy

Private
Banned !
Minuteman
Jul 15, 2017
reno,nevada
I’m looking to step up from the timney CE.

Are any of you guys running the diamond?

How’s it compare to the bix’n Andy and the Huber?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm in as well... got my first custom barreled action on the way, and the Diamond is one of the options I've been considering.

Well I like how that sounds. Thanks for the link.
I'm in as well... got my first custom barreled action on the way, and the Diamond is one of the options I've been considering.
Im pretty sure I'm going to try one out. I'm currently running their primary trigger and couldn't be happier with it's performance. Literally breaks like glass. Only wanting to upgrade so I can get to a 1lb pull weight.

I checked out the Diamond and the Bix's at shot last week, and for a single stage I'd just go Diamond. The two stage Bix Tac Sport was awesome (all the Bix stuff was) and probably where I'm headed.

My biggest concern is how well they deal with dirt, crud and pierced primers. The Bix is pretty closed up and doesn't look like it would flush out well. The Trigger Tech guys said don't even flush their triggers if they get dirt or dust in them. Cycle several times and it'll clean out.

We hit Timney after feeling the Diamond and the Bix. It seemed like they just threw a bunch of their triggers in rifles and never adjusted them to feel good, but I know that can't be the case.

Reactions: High Desert duck
I upgraded from a Timney CE to a TT Diamond, very happy with the change. Super clean break, currently running mine around 13-14oz. Haven't tried the Bix or Huber but I don't think that it's possible for a break on a single stage to get any cleaner than the TT.

I checked out the Diamond and the Bix's at shot last week, and for a single stage I'd just go Diamond. The two stage Bix Tac Sport was awesome (all the Bix stuff was) and probably where I'm headed.

My biggest concern is how well they deal with dirt, crud and pierced primers. The Bix is pretty closed up and doesn't look like it would flush out well. The Trigger Tech guys said don't even flush their triggers if they get dirt or dust in them. Cycle several times and it'll clean out.

We hit Timney after feeling the Diamond and the Bix. It seemed like they just threw a bunch of their triggers in rifles and never adjusted them to feel good, but I know that can't be the case.

At the PRS finale none of the diamonds went down. and when the others did Brian Allen had some extra diamonds to lend them. and none of those went down. so all of the others had failures. I am sure at some point, someone will have a failure with one (everything fails at some point) but I think its every bit as good and prob a bunch better than others on the market as far as tough conditions go. they also feel amazing shooting them. its my favorite r700 trigger for sure

Reactions: JeffLebowski
At the PRS finale none of the diamonds went down. and when the others did Brian Allen had some extra diamonds to lend them. and none of those went down. so all of the others had failures. I am sure at some point, someone will have a failure with one (everything fails at some point) but I think its every bit as good and prob a bunch better than others on the market as far as tough conditions go. they also feel amazing shooting them. its my favorite r700 trigger for sure

I think all the Bix's that went down were comp triggers which are wide open to the elements and wouldn't be my first choice for OK dust. I think there were some action/fitment issues as well (i.e., not the trigger alone).
Tac sports are pretty well sealed up. The new tac sport "pro" look interesting with some upgrades including low pull weight (3 OZ). I've got a couple tac sports and really like the over-travel personally compared to the hard stop on some other triggers.

I don't have a dog in the fight and thought the TT diamonds felt good that I played with at the Grind as well.

I'm a jewell guy. I prefer the overall feel of a jewell. That said I wanted to give Bix'n Andy a try. I have the single stage Competition Trigger and really like it. It feels like a jewell but better. The only thing I don't like is the overtravel which is built into the trigger. Call it pure negligence, but I didn't clean my Jewell for 3 years in the OK dust. It took 3 years for it to finally go down. I wanted something that might be a little more reliable than a Jewell so I ordered 2 flat shoe Diamonds. I should have them any day now. Can't wait to try them out.

Still waiting on the 2 TT's I ordered. Should be shipping any day now I would think. They were ordered 5 weeks ago.

Just got mine last week and well worth the wait. I went with the pro curve and really like it.

I'm at about 8-9 weeks for my second TT Diamond, ordered on 12/22. Called them last week and they said it was about 6 days out from shipping so hopefully soon.

Reactions: dumbbell
Shitttttttt. I ordered 1/20. I was hoping I might have them for some staycation time I took next week.

Got my shipment notification today, ordered 12/22 shipped 3/7. This is for the TT Diamond pro-curved shoe. When I talked to them earlier this week they said that one was more popular than the flat trigger or standard curved shoe so it was a longer wait than the other two models.

Can someone explain the Pro-Curve to me? I looked for a little while and couldn't find an adequate description that I understood so please bear with me.

Normal curved trigger shoe, but it is a bit wider than typical and is a bit more squared off at the edges. Idea is that you can feel with your fingertip whether you are pulling straight back in line with the rifle.

Reactions: TheOE800
To expand with some images

Traditional curved has the stepped down pyramid shape with the middle thicker/higher than the edges, this is whats on my normal TT and I really like it.
1520457505669.png

Pro Curve is smooth like on a jewell with even thickness all the way across
1520457535773.png

Reactions: lennyo3034

I have had my diamond for a few months now. Yesterday was the 2nd day with it in the field(literally 88rnds on the trigger to date). The first day it split a primer not completely piercing it but continued running fine. Yesterday it pierced a hole dead center. Went to cycle another round and the firing pin fell with the bolt handle.. no engagement... took the firing pin out, looked fine. Took the trigger off and flushed with lighter fluid with no such luck. The bolt was sent off today for bushing and the trigger tomorrow for warrantee work.

I sold my jewel to replace it with the diamond for if this exact scenario ever occurred. The diamond went down in 2 piercings, the Jewell I had has withstood over 20 literally. What are the odds...

Sure hate to hear that.

Keep me posted on how things turn out.

Does the diamond have any side to side wobble?

My TT primary has a little, but my CE 2 stage has a lot. Very distracting for me and I hate it.

Sure hate to hear that.

Keep me posted on how things turn out.

I just received confirmation that my trigger was received and that a new one is on it's way as a free replacement. Great customer service by this company by far! Would certainly recommend.