• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Trigger Tech ?

Got my diamond a few days ago. Can’t wait to get it installed on a new build.

So I have seen this asked several times but no definitive answer.... If I am not looking for pull weight under 1.5-2lbs is there any benefit to going with the special or diamond over the primary?

I would say on paper no there is no benefit. I would assume you are paying for the ability for the adjustment should you want it in the future.

I have purchased a few of the specials as I don't see myself going below a 1lb anytime in the near future.

So I have seen this asked several times but no definitive answer.... If I am not looking for pull weight under 1.5-2lbs is there any benefit to going with the special or diamond over the primary?

There is actually quite a bit of information on TT's website:

https://triggertech.com/pages/building-a-diamond

Near the bottom are some graphs that show trigger pull weight vs displacement, compared between TT's 3 offerings. Not sure if this will answer your question, but it is some good reading material.

Reactions: dghboy315
I bought a TT primary directly from triggertech. After waiting 2 weeks and no email on shipping I called and found out it was showing up at the house the next day... first issue was now email. Next I put it in my rem 700 short action, and backed the pull weight screw all the was out, 2lbs was it. I get the firing pin spring can cause a issue but why advertise a weight of 1.5lb? Next the safety lever is visible bent and there is definitely creep... I have two jewel hvr trigger that cost $40 more and work down to ounces so I’m not sure what all the talk is about these. The real issue is the $30 it’s going to cost to ship this one small step above the factory trigger back to Canada. I know lots of people rave about these triggers and maybe I got the one they built at Friday at 4 but not impressed at all! Take with a grain of salt but this is my horrible experience with TT

10 month old thread, but ok. I have a TT in an AR, works well for that platform. It is a quality product, although I run BnA in my 700 actions and Jewell in Savage. I would not hesitate to put a TT in a 700, I just tend to operate 'if it ain't broke...' Lifetime warranty is your friend, but that does suck about the shipping.

As far as the creep and pull weight, what did you use to measure it? You need something on the high-end of tools to measure that accurately. Regarding getting down to ounces, sounds to me like you should have bought the Diamond rather than the Primary. Two completely different classes of trigger.

I would make sure that you are comparing your pull weight at the same spot on the trigger when comparing weight of pull. I like the fact that the TT is crisp and breaks "like a glass rod snapping." All that said, there bolt release mechanism can be a bit finicky on the 700 and does require a little bit of love out of the box to work properly.

I have shot Timney, Jewel & TT and so far, I prefer the TT.

For the price I was expecting a lot more, like I said lots of people rave about them. Compared to the two jewels I have for a little more money then the TT primary and less then the TT diamond you can have a much better trigger IMO.

For the price I was expecting a lot more, like I said lots of people rave about them. Compared to the two jewels I have for a little more money then the TT primary and less then the TT diamond you can have a much better trigger IMO.

Very rare experience it seems you’ve had. I’d give them another shot. I’d probably also go with the special of you want 1.5lbs or less. As mentioned above, if you don’t have a badass trigger scale, you’re going to get some variance.

I personally don’t use a scale on any trigger (until after just out of curiosity). I adjust it until I feel like it’s perfect, then drop test without safety on.

In the end, you may still like the jewel better, but I wouldn’t base it on a single bad experience.

I'm very happy with mine.
20181026_145821.jpg

I have a diamond and it is everything I thought it would be. Super crisp, light, simply a great trigger.

I also prefer the Jewell. Triggers in precision smallbore rifles like Anschutz, FWB, Walther, etc all have really long overtravel that maintains the 1st stage pull weight so your finger/hand don't move the gun when the sear releases. Jewell does it similarly, where it maintains the pull weight even after the sear breaks, so your finger doesn't really move and you can maintain the same contact pressure on the rifle. The TT goes to 0 pull weight and has over travel, so the higher you put the weight, the harder your finger snaps back, and the more chance you have of disturbing the rifle. Not as much of an issue if you are running 20lb rifles with 6 oz triggers, but IMO going that light is asking for an ND at a match.

TT's are good, but I personally feel the BnA triggers are superior.

Single best gear related decision I made in this sport was swapping from a single stage TT to a 2-stage BnA Tacsport trigger.

I have a triggertech special they I just got last week and the safety has locked up in the safe position and won’t move. Anyone know how to fix this issue?

I have a triggertech special they I just got last week and the safety has locked up in the safe position and won’t move. Anyone know how to fix this issue?

Are you comfortable taking it apart and voiding the warranty?

I'd send it in to trigger tech and let them deal with it.

Reactions: Ridenemwild
Are you comfortable taking it apart and voiding the warranty?

I'd send it in to trigger tech and let them deal with it.
That’s probably what I’ll do. But it sucks because it’s a week old and I was hoping it was something that was just a minor fix.