• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Rifle Scopes Triggercam Setup Question

goatsie

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 10, 2009
Meridian, ID.
I have a Triggercam 2.1 and really like it. I plan to film some hunting with it. My question is, do you leave it on a set magnification? How about parallax, is infinity best or the distance you plan to shoot? Any advice is much appreciated!

I am just interested in the overall experience on these as well and how unobtrusive it is using my scope the way I normally would while that thing is on there.

I am just interested in the overall experience on these as well and how unobtrusive it is using my scope the way I normally would while that thing is on there.
I was really surprised how unobtrusive it is. The only time I really notice it is when I am wearing a hat.

They really dont add any "glare /fuzzyness" to your optics. You do need to be aware that some throw levers get in the way (leupold mk5hd 7-35), so you may want to remove it.

The manual focus DOES require changing to match your parallax. I learnt this from PRS shooting between 100 zero on paper, to 500m shots. I tend to check it right before a stage if im going to use it.

You REALLY notice it between different quality glass. Cheap $500 scopes do not look anywhere near as clear as a top tier offering. On the recording, a cheap scope looks washed out, almost as if glad-wrap was over your lens, or it has a huge smudge on it. So be aware of that, you WILL need to set your diopter and parallax, and then trigger cam focus properly to get the cleanest results.

I hunted with mine on a 3-15 Burris XTRII this year. Once focus was dialed for the scope I noticed no issue’s adjusting magnification. I adjusted parallax like normal when viewing through the scope.

When I used it I noticed I could see better during first and last light without the triggercam on the scope. Made image a bit brighter. After recording during those times I realized the video was to dark during playback anyways so I just removed it during low light

Other than that you don’t even notice it’s attached to the scope

When I run it on my NF I’ll have to leave at a set magnification as the ocular rotates on those

Reactions: iceng
Where’s the best place to get one in the US? They’re based in South Africa right?

Has anybody run one on a zco 527? Just wondering if the factory throw lever presents a fit