• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Triggercam vs Tactacam

BoulderE89

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Jul 26, 2019
St. George, UT
Have seen some threads discussing each individually and talk about each other but nothing really comparing the two together with the pros and cons. I’m wanting to get one to go over what I’m doing and see how stable and consistent I am while practicing. It will go over a Zco if that matters. Any insight, experience and advice would be appreciated before I make a purchase

Unfortunately, I cannot give you any information on comparing the two. But I have a Tacticam and one thing I found out quickly is that it is not big enough to go over a lot of my scoops. Even the housing alone, without any of the plastic spacers, was too small to fit over a S&B or Tangent Theta. Right now, the only scopes I have that it fits on is a Bushnell Elite Tactical and my LPVO's.

CM

I tried one of those attach to your gun cams and was very much a let down as it only seems to want to take reflective video's of my eye but after looking this is much for better cost and performance

Unfortunately, I cannot give you any information on comparing the two. But I have a Tacticam and one thing I found out quickly is that it is not big enough to go over a lot of my scoops. Even the housing alone, without any of the plastic spacers, was too small to fit over a S&B or Tangent Theta. Right now, the only scopes I have that it fits on is a Bushnell Elite Tactical and my LPVO's.

CM
Is this something an adapter could cater to? Easy to print, with a nice finish.

Reactions: M8541Reaper
Is this something an adapter could cater to? Easy to print, with a nice finish.

I have only had my tacticam to the range twice I think. Once attached to an AR-10 with NX8 1-8 and once on my bolt gun with S&B. Knowing this I decided to go and verify the information. Turns out I was both right and wrong, lol.

The S&B it didn't fit was an older full size 3-20x50. However, I just checked it on a new PMII 5-25 and it fit with the thinnest spacer installed. Apparently the ocular housing on the older PMII is significantly larger.

Discovering this, I tried it on a couple other optics I had handy and it turns out it DOES fit 5-25 Tangents and Kahles K525i's. I apologize for my previous erroneous statement.

Now, to answer your question, the entire metal housing was too small to fit the older PMII so I don't think a new adapter could be 3D printed because it has special lenses and mirrors in it. However, with the aforementioned corrections it may be moot anyway.

CM

Last night I tried my buddies triggercam on my Zco and i couldn’t get the image to be decent enough on it to justify getting one. so I am gonna try the Tactacam from Amazon on it next. if it doesn’t work I’ll return it and call it a lost cause for now until new stuff comes out.