• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Triggertech diamond issue

Send them an email they have great customer service and I am sure they will take care of the issue ASAP...

Mike R.

Reactions: toader
It seems like your sear might be too tall and dragging on the firing pin, or the firing pin's mating surface could be too tall causing the same thing. The sear releasing would be the click, followed by a delayed firing pin drop.

What action are you using, and if you have live-fired the gun were you getting light primer strikes?

Reactions: supercorndogs
Clean it out.
Lighter fluid or brake cleaner or rubbing alcohol I’ve used all 3

then spray it out with compressed air

I had the same problem

Exact same issue, here is my post from another forum...

Action shot 180 rounds before this appeared, today it worked well for the first 10 rounds I got the gun out of the case, then I let it sit for 30 mins in the cold before firing again, issue had started right at that moment.
The delay is also clearly felt and seen during dry firing (primer issue out of the question now).
Completely stripped the bolt/firing pin setup, reassembled in warm shop, still does it. Everything has been inside for 2 hours now too, cold is not an issue for sure now (although cold may have caused it).
I have 2 Bighorn Origins each sporting their own TT diamonds, we'll call them #1 and #2 (#2 is the one with the issues), and did the following testing...
#1 action and trigger functions fine with both bolts
#2 action and trigger do not function well with both bolts
#1 action does not function well with #2's trigger, with both bolts
#2 action functions well with #1's trigger, with both bolts

Reactions: ShtrRdy
It looks like an issue with the sear height. It's seen most commonly with Bighorn/Zermatt actions and Timney triggers (not knocking either of those products It's just well documented they often don't function well together without some modification). Interested to see if the new triggers cure the problem. If it doesn't you will likely need your cocking piece modified or may need to install a trigger with different sear heights available like a Bix'n Andy Tacsport.

Reactions: gconnoyer
Things happen just glad tt took care of you . I wonder if the cleaning mentioned above would help.
Keep us posted it tt tells you what happened
The one in my 22 vudoo has 20k plus on it no issue so far.
My 6.5 creed has a bit less than 1k but still ok.

Reactions: Adam B
Had the same issue with their two stage diamonds. I bought THREE triggers and they were all messed up on three different actions. TL3, Zeus, and Shadow 40. Said they have to change something in their manufacturing process. They should have a fix for the two stages but I’ve since deployed so I’ll get the triggers when I return.

It’s not giving me the option to post a video when I click attach files for some reason.

Just got a Zeus this weekend and installed a triggertech diamond. It was fine for the first 50 or so dry fires, then the same issue. Calling Triggertech tomorrow.

Glad to hear they took care of you, but for anyone else reading...

THIS. I had the same issue and this resolved it.

Curious though, has anyone else had the issue reoccur after the cleaning ritual? Mine has been fine since but that's only been 60 rds.
This occurred on mine (installed new) after @ 100 rounds (and mucho dry fire practice).
Impact 737R - 6.5CM

It looks like an issue with the sear height. It's seen most commonly with Bighorn/Zermatt actions and Timney triggers (not knocking either of those products It's just well documented they often don't function well together without some modification). Interested to see if the new triggers cure the problem. If it doesn't you will likely need your cocking piece modified or may need to install a trigger with different sear heights available like a Bix'n Andy Tacsport.

I'm betting this is the issue.
Had the same issues as the OP with a Calvin Elite on my TL3. Was fine for a 100rds or so it seemed and then started to get weird heavy, inconsistent pulls.
Swapped to a TT and its perfect.

FWIW, you can send your stuff back to Zermatt and they will fix it for you for free to make it work.

Reactions: Precision Shooters
Had the same issue. Great CS on their end to get me back up and running!

I'm betting this is the issue.
Had the same issues as the OP with a Calvin Elite on my TL3. Was fine for a 100rds or so it seemed and then started to get weird heavy, inconsistent pulls.
Swapped to a TT and its perfect.

FWIW, you can send your stuff back to Zermatt and they will fix it for you for free to make it work.

this is how I noticed it on all three of my actions. It would get vastly heavy. In excess of 6lbs which the triggers aren't even rated that high. But this would only happen with my two stage diamonds. My special trigger and single stage diamond were fine. They were older production models from like 3 years ago or something like that.

I just picked up two of the TT 2-Stage Diamonds for my Zeus and my Vudoo. Have people reported the problems with the TT 2-Stage Diamonds? I wonder if the Gold Special Edition Diamonds will also exhibit the issue..

Glad I found this thread. I have the same issue on my diamond straight trigger (single stage). Guess I’ll be calling TT tomorrow

I'm shopping for an R700 clone trigger and the Diamond was at the top of my list.

What available trigger has the best combination of feel, reliability, and user friendliness?

I just picked up two of the TT 2-Stage Diamonds for my Zeus and my Vudoo. Have people reported the problems with the TT 2-Stage Diamonds? I wonder if the Gold Special Edition Diamonds will also exhibit the issue..
My gold diamond has no problems whatsoever at ~300rd.

FWIW, neither does the single stage diamond I’ve been running since August 2019, at ~1000rd.