• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

TriggerTech for AR10 Platform

MPrimo

Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Nov 17, 2011
    The Northeast
    Anyone have any info on the new TT AR10 specific trigger? It is on their website but not yet available. I was going to buy their standard AR trigger as I always assumed they would work in either a 15 or 10 platform. I will hold off until the 10 is available if it makes sense to wait. Just looking for any specifics on the new offering.

Details ... currently running a SSA-E in a pre ban SR25 receiver set with JP barrel/bolt/gas. Gun is truly a hammer ... trigger could be a little better.

That is what I believe as well. SSA-E is great for an AR with some precision use. I am looking at full/only precision shooting with my build and think I can do better in the trigger department.

That is what I believe as well. SSA-E is great for an AR with some precision use. I am looking at full/only precision shooting with my build and think I can do better in the trigger department.
    I know LaRue doesn't get a lot of love here but I even prefer the $80 MBT 2S over any of the Geissele trigger offerings. Much cleaner break which feels better to me. Triggertech's are so much smoother than either, though. Well worth the price of admission.

Have one in my Sig 716 with zero issues. Don't see any particular reason to wait for the 10 version. I own four TT triggers. One Diamond, two Adaptable , and one Competitive.
    Did a lot of research on these before I bought them. Lots of people say Geissele this, and Geissele that, scream from the roof tops nothing better! But then there are people who have strayed from the Church of Geissele and tried a TT and have said they much prefer the TT. They say the Geissele is nothing more than a refined combat trigger.
    So, I'll end this by saying, I have never shot one, but have played with one, and was not very impressed. It was nice, but nothing I would buy with my own money.

Replaced my SSA's with High Speeds, and never looked back (NO comparison whatsoever!). Depending on the spring set used, the High Speed is far more than just a competition trigger.

I stand by my recommendation. Fully tunable, best break I have ever felt . . .

Replaced my SSA's with High Speeds, and never looked back (NO comparison whatsoever!). Depending on the spring set used, the High Speed is far more than just a competition trigger.

I stand by my recommendation. Fully tunable, best break I have ever felt . . .
    Have you had a chance to try the Triggertech’s?

Reactions: JS8588
    I know LaRue doesn't get a lot of love here but I even prefer the $80 MBT 2S over any of the Geissele trigger offerings. Much cleaner break which feels better to me. Triggertech's are so much smoother than either, though. Well worth the price of admission.

This times 100000000 regarding Larue...I've switched to Larue from Geissele...Geissele doesn't offer anything over the Larue for the price they are charging a Geissele SSA-E for...

The only people who say Geissele Triggers are the only answer to Precision oriented AR's are the ones who do not own triggertech Triggers. I'll also mirror what others have said above about the LaRue $80! Trigger, especially if you know how to properly tune a trigger the MBT is impossible to beat.

No doubt the trigger tech is better. I’m just cheap.

After playing with a bunch of different triggers including Hiperfire & Geissele, I've narrowed all future purchases down to:

Expensive- Triggertech Competitive Primary, Wilson Combat TTU

Mid Priced- Velocity

Cheap- LaRue MBT2S

I'm still curious about trying an Elftmann but Wilson & Velocity make such a satisfactory single stage, I can't quite bring myself to try the Elf.

I have to agree with the quality of the LaRue trigger. There are more options with the Geissele, but it is not worth twice the money. I would say the LaRue is not cheap, but inexpensive and a steal at its current price.

Reactions: JS8588
    Have you had a chance to try the Triggertech’s?

Can't say that I have, but then again, I can't find anything in the High Speed that would make me want to. Anyone ckmpating a High Speed to an SSA is kidding themselves . . . . totally different league (and I almost never hear the High Speed mentioned herem hence my comments . . .)

If you don't like 2 stage, then Geiselle isn't for you, and the High Speed isn't cheap . . . but then again, cheap is a long way down my list when building an upper end gun . . . But then again, if you can't tune a High Speed to your liking, most likely the problem isn't the trigger, since just about any and everything is easily tunable.