• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Trijicon ACOG 4x32 w/BAC Ill Crs/RdDt/TA51.

The4thHorseman

Private
Minuteman
Mar 18, 2009
Hatboro, PA
www.comcast.net
First off hello everyone. This is my first post. I'm looking into another optic for my AR15 I currently have an eotech 553 with a FTS 4X magnifier. I LOVE this setup, but was looking for something that I didn't need batteries and didn't have to have so much mounted on my rifle. That brings me to the acog. Anyone use these? http://www.manventureoutpost.com/outdoor/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=11574
My purpose for the rifle is shooting 50yrds and greater, but would like to have some trype of CQB ability just in case the zombies come out. I know the acog has a down side to it CQB abilities. Thats why I was thinking of maybe mounting a laser on the bottom have of my quad rail? Is the doc on the scope worth it or should I get a cheaper one and add the laser or get the doc and still keep the laser?? Can the DOC be removed?? Sorry for all the questions, but I just want to hear you experiences and opinions. If you have a scope to suggest I'm all ears. This scop listed is my price range. Thanks guys!

Re: Trijicon ACOG 4x32 w/BAC Ill Crs/RdDt/TA51.

I have two eotechs and 3 acogs on ARs. And I used to have a Docter optic red dot in a Larue Irondot mount.

IMO, just get the ACOG you want without the red dot on top. The red dot on top makes the ACOG too tall, IMO, and the red dot is rather vulnerable and fragile. If you are so close that you can't see the dude through your ACOG, aim at him with the top turrett. If you plan to have to shoot indoors, take your rifle with an eotech.

That is my opinion.

Yeah, but for right now I only have one rifle so it would have to be my everything setup. Which acog seems to be the best without the doc? Would you suggest a laser to go with the acog?? Also can the doc be removed from it without any problems?

I don't know if the doc can be removed from it, but I would prefer to have a doc on my front rail at a 45 degree angle because it would not be so tall and vulnerable.

You can put the acog and the eotech into Larue mounts and switch back and forth any time.

As to which ACOG, I only like the 4x models. Make sure to match your barrel length and bullet to the reticle. My preference is the TA01. If you like an illuminated recticle during the day, and you like the chevron reticle, the TA31RCO-M150CP is pretty nice. I am not totally sold on the chevron though.

As for a laser, are you thinking of an IR laser for night use? Or perhaps a green laser for up close daylight use?

The laser would be for CQB anytime of day or night so which ever is the best all around laser. I'm not sold on the chevron either? I'm good with the crosshairs. If I have to choose different I MIGHT go chevron only because I don't like the donut and horseshoe.