• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes trijicon optics

ebert

Private
Minuteman
Sep 26, 2011
does anyone know why trijicon has such a big discount right now. from what I see it is 35% discount.

Last year Trijicon eliminated MAP, so the market worked its way to the bottom - this is the new norm unless something changes:

TRIJICON DEALS

excuse my stupidity but what is MAP

Minimum Advertised Price

It's basically an anti-free market policy that some manufacturers leverage onto retailers to keep the price of something artificially inflated because it cannot be effected by market conditions (i.e. supply/demand), instead its a price that the manufacturer says the retailer cannot list it for any less. Something is worth what people are willing to pay for it; not what you tell me its worth. I think in Trijicon's case it also has something to do with military contract pricing, which is a whole other shitshow of retardation onto itself.

But MAP translates into manipulated price fixing and needs to die a horrible death in a fiery auto crash.