• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Trijicon Tenmile 5-50x56 Vs Vortex Gen II 4.7-27x56

mcbain1999

Private
Minuteman
Nov 6, 2020
new york
Forgive me if this is a simple decision for most on here but I am new to this and my head is about to explode trying to bring myself up to speed. I am looking to put it on my new RPR 6.5 CR. This is my first precision rifle and I still have to find mounts for it as well. Talk about another topic that you can read for days on and still be torn. I am currently leaning towards a single mount but....

I read that there are good deals for the vortex with Liberty Optics but that I just missed the price increase on 1/1/21. For what its worth, I live in NY not far from cameralandny & B&H so they are both options for me to purchase from as well.

Thx

Mcbain

I have shot out to 1200yds and found that 30x was too much (gotta spot your misses!). Gonna say that 50x doesn't seem worthwhile, especially since huge magnification like that tends to come at an optical cost.

Reactions: Iron Worker
Trijicon is SFP and Vortex is FFP . I have the Trijicon its good ,but my Delta Sryker 4.5-30x56mm is significantly better. Reticle takes some learning .