• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

TRIPLE Leg Ckye Pod

Covertnoob5

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Feb 12, 2017
    SoCal
    Hey all, just wanted to share a video I made of a Triple Leg Ckye pod I just got. Quick comparison to the current single leg model. Hopefully it answers some of the questions you guys had. Enjoy! If you've got anything else you’re curious about let me know. Thanks!

Thanks for putting this together with the comparison to the original. Just need to remember to collapse the legs on that behemoth before going mobile with it as you might poke someone's eye out;)

Thanks for putting this together with the comparison to the original. Just need to remember to collapse the legs on that behemoth before going mobile with it as you might poke someone's eye out;)

Haha yea it’s way out there.

Nice video. Recognize your voice! . What would you say are moments that you would prefer the smaller version. And take that Velayo orange band off
    See ya around

Those things are huge! I have the standard Ckye-pod, and I love them. Not sure what my feelings are on the 3-leg version, seems so big that it's a bit "gimmicky", as in I could see the extra adjustment being useful maybe 0.05% of the time.

Reactions: LawnMM
    Those things are huge! I have the standard Ckye-pod, and I love them. Not sure what my feelings are on the 3-leg version, seems so big that it's a bit "gimmicky", as in I could see the extra adjustment being useful maybe 0.05% of the time.
    I’m limited by funds and 3 leg version may have limited use for me. Hunters may love it. I am considering buying normal version

Reactions: kthomas
    I’m limited by funds and 3 leg version may have limited use for me. Hunters may love it. I am considering buying normal version

The whole time I was watching the video, I was thinking "man this would probably be awesome for hunters". Of course, that would depend on what kind of hunting you are doing.

But overall, I'd rather have a "regular" bipod and a tripod, rather then carrying two different bipods around (which some people do who have the 3-leg version) as well as a tripod. I don't see this bipod doing anything that I couldn't do with a tripod, and I see a tripod being much more useable.

Those are just my thoughts though.

I've been running a standard clkye for the past 6-8 months. Hands down the best, most versatile (until now) bipod I've even used. If it wasn't for the $1K price tag, I'd already have one.
    Hard to justify. Thanks

Reactions: A&8's
    Nice video. Recognize your voice! . What would you say are moments that you would prefer the smaller version. And take that Velayo orange band off
    See ya around

Haha the orange was a good way to tell mine apart from other ckyepods. Thanks for watching the video!

The whole time I was watching the video, I was thinking "man this would probably be awesome for hunters". Of course, that would depend on what kind of hunting you are doing.

But overall, I'd rather have a "regular" bipod and a tripod, rather then carrying two different bipods around (which some people do who have the 3-leg version) as well as a tripod. I don't see this bipod doing anything that I couldn't do with a tripod, and I see a tripod being much more useable.

Those are just my thoughts though.

Yes and no on the tripod thing. Here where I shoot at least, there’s a big gravitation at matches to deploy everything on the clock which means tripods fully collapsed, legs locked, folded. So in those situations it’s faster to deploy a bipod like the triple.
    Yes as a hunter I think it’s absolutely awesome. I use my tripod for glassing so if I need to take a shot I’d rather deploy the bipod than remove my optics setup from the tripod then have to clamp in, get the height right etc.
    Hornady Hunter match they want tripods attached to your pack at the start of a stage. Much faster, to deploy a bipod in that situation too.

Just my thoughts so far on it.

Jeez Will that thing is massive! I can see that it would be useful on reverse rooftop match stages. But we might have to press Jorge to change or clarify rules to keep from gaming too much?. Like on spool stages can you rest the bipod on ground and use spool for rear support?

I shot 3 big matches last year plus the championship and a few locals, saw "1" triple leg Ckyepod and never saw it actually used for anything but show and tell.

Might be a good hunting tool if leaving the tripod behind. Have not seen it used in a match, ever.

I shot 3 big matches last year plus the championship and a few locals, saw "1" triple leg Ckyepod and never saw it actually used for anything but show and tell.

Might be a good hunting tool if leaving the tripod behind. Have not seen it used in a match, ever.

MAYBE you should get out and shoot more. BWahahaha
    and you saw 2 jack. Hubs and mine.
    I will take this bipod with a tripod 10 times out of 10 over just a tripod. Its substantially better. The only people that argue that are ones without one.

Seriously tho I use mine exclusively in field matches and it is a HUGE advantage using one. Esp when time is short.

As mentioned by LawnMM not a huge deal with a lot of square range matches these days where ea stage is dictated what exactly can and cant be used its not a major advantage. But in open field matches where you have to diagnose a stage on the clock and no cheating stealing someones elses ideas on how to run a stage, this bipod is unstoppable.

2018 BOTC 9.jpg

These are just a couple pics that were caught using it. Saying it don't have a use because you havnt used it or seen it used is just plain wrong. Coupled with a tripod it is vastly more solid than just a tripod.

It is easily my favorite piece of gear and gets used the most. And it still can be used prone in most circumstances.

And this is only competitions. For hunting, which I wont get into, it far surpasses a tripod. If you have a tripod all the better.

GL
    DT

Attachments

• 2018 STEEL SAFARI 4.jpg
      2018 STEEL SAFARI 4.jpg
      85.3 KB · Views: 279
    • 2018 STEEL SAFARI 10.jpg
      2018 STEEL SAFARI 10.jpg
      844.8 KB · Views: 293
    • CD TEAM MATCH CKYE POD 2017.jpg
      CD TEAM MATCH CKYE POD 2017.jpg
      112.3 KB · Views: 391
    When I saw "triple leg" I thought tripod. Now I'm wondering if another leg could be added to make a more compact tripod but the extra leg could then fold up so the other two legs could act as a bipod.

It'd definitely be a compromise but some times a compromise solution works for what you need.

When I saw "triple leg" I thought tripod. Now I'm wondering if another leg could be added to make a more compact tripod but the extra leg could then fold up so the other two legs could act as a bipod.

It'd definitely be a compromise but some times a compromise solution works for what you need.

Slight variation to this would be a matching triple leg mono-pod for rear support to go with the triple leg Ckye-Pod.

Reactions: deersniper
    I will take this bipod with a tripod 10 times out of 10 over just a tripod. Its substantially better. The only people that argue that are ones without one.

Seriously tho I use mine exclusively in field matches and it is a HUGE advantage using one. Esp when time is short.

As mentioned by LawnMM not a huge deal with a lot of square range matches these days where ea stage is dictated what exactly can and cant be used its not a major advantage. But in open field matches where you have to diagnose a stage on the clock and no cheating stealing someones elses ideas on how to run a stage, this bipod is unstoppable.

View attachment 7241404

These are just a couple pics that were caught using it. Saying it don't have a use because you havnt used it or seen it used is just plain wrong. Coupled with a tripod it is vastly more solid than just a tripod.

It is easily my favorite piece of gear and gets used the most. And it still can be used prone in most circumstances.

And this is only competitions. For hunting, which I wont get into, it far surpasses a tripod. If you have a tripod all the better.

GL
    DT

I remember playing with Hovs in NM but that it? Maybe if SOMEBODY shot with me more I'd see the advantages first hand ?

Never said it doesn't have a use, just that I haven't found one for it, yet. Nebraska is totally field style, bring it to that match!

Reactions: D_TROS

View attachment 7241404

GL
    DT

The bandana! They are great for hunting, and I will probably bring mine to the PRS match in NM.

Jeez Will that thing is massive! I can see that it would be useful on reverse rooftop match stages. But we might have to press Jorge to change or clarify rules to keep from gaming too much?. Like on spool stages can you rest the bipod on ground and use spool for rear support?

Haha I’ve seen a few crazy things with it. We did use it on a reverse rooftop at the 2-day match. I borrowed jakes. We all did very well on that stage.

Haha I’ve seen a few crazy things with it. We did use it on a reverse rooftop at the 2-day match. I borrowed jakes. We all did very well on that stage.

this is why we have started writing COF with “prop must be used as front support”

the ckyepods are king of field matches for sure.

unless you can dual tripod while your partner shoots off the top of the gator

99563089-C465-4542-A7DB-A016D9A86570.jpeg

F07B5D41-6682-48F0-A4D8-991EA6C1FA9E.png

Lol no one had a use for the Harris 12-27 that all the hunters knew about but now this thing is all the rage

I have one of those tall Harris bipod and have used it in the field many times.
    I could definitely use one of these triple CkyPods!
    I have a “standard” CkyPod with atlas leg extensions on it and want more.
    I can see one of these in my future.

Yeah, after getting raped by a reverse rooftop at one match, I picked up a Harris 13-27" and put it in my pack. Since having it, I've used it zero times in the past two years lol. But I've got it just in case, and it's a lot cheaper than $1000.

I can definitely see the use of a 3-leg Ckye pod for field matches, but I think I might just buy a RRS dovetail adapter for the Harris in the event that I end up actually needing it. The Ckye pod going to 37" tall vs the 27" of the Harris is a definite advantage though if the stage warrants it.

Rather than buying and carrying something like the Ckye pod, couldn't you just use 2 of the 3 legs of your tripod? Or are they that much faster/easier to deploy on the clock?

• Haha
    Reactions: deersniper
    Yeah, after getting raped by a reverse rooftop at one match, I picked up a Harris 13-27" and put it in my pack. Since having it, I've used it zero times in the past two years lol. But I've got it just in case, and it's a lot cheaper than $1000.

I can definitely see the use of a 3-leg Ckye pod for field matches, but I think I might just buy a RRS dovetail adapter for the Harris in the event that I end up actually needing it. The Ckye pod going to 37" tall vs the 27" of the Harris is a definite advantage though if the stage warrants it.

Rather than buying and carrying something like the Ckye pod, couldn't you just use 2 of the 3 legs of your tripod? Or are they that much faster/easier to deploy on the clock?

If you already have a tripod, those are great for reverse roof top stages. I can see where a long bipod like the 3 leg ckye-pod used in conjunction with a rear bag would be pretty damn quick to deploy on the clock for such a stage, but with some practice tripods are very effective.

Reactions: Rover31
    Can someone come up with a quick release mechanism with a cord you can pull on the side of the stock to deploy. I am on the fence with this one, I'm slow to adopt certain technologies and just got into tripod shooting recently, this does seem unique but a $1000 is hard to swallow for a bipod, heck the regular Ckye at $550 is hard to swallow. Still trying to figure out if there would be a distinct advantage to getting the Ckye. If there's already a thread on this please direct me, but can someone share how the Ckye gives them a distinct advantage over an Atlas and how. Thanks.

Can someone come up with a quick release mechanism with a cord you can pull on the side of the stock to deploy. I am on the fence with this one, I'm slow to adopt certain technologies and just got into tripod shooting recently, this does seem unique but a $1000 is hard to swallow for a bipod, heck the regular Ckye at $550 is hard to swallow. Still trying to figure out if there would be a distinct advantage to getting the Ckye. If there's already a thread on this please direct me, but can someone share how the Ckye gives them a distinct advantage over an Atlas and how. Thanks.

Would you like to see a video comparing an atlas and a ckye and the advantages? Lol I can certainly do one.

Reactions: MDT_Josh
    If there's already a thread on this please direct me, but can someone share how the Ckye gives them a distinct advantage over an Atlas and how. Thanks.

it’s really hard to answer this without sounding like a dick. I’ll give it a try.

View attachment 7241404

GL
    DT

Would you like to see a video comparing an atlas and a ckye and the advantages? Lol I can certainly do one.
    Not with the 3 leg, but the standard. I’m assuming someone has already done that so sorry for hijacking the thread.

Not with the 3 leg, but the standard. I’m assuming someone has already done that so sorry for hijacking the thread.

Yea I can do that video if it’s something that would be of interest. Maybe there’s a thread on it, not too sure.

Pretty sure that video exists on the Ckye site or Precision Rifle's site.
    Was just watching some videos last night but they seemed more a promo for the Ckye vs. a genuine "this is what's better", I'll hunt around today for some better videos

View attachment 7241404

GL
    DT
    Can you tell me we’re the guy with the silver mdt bipod got one that tall because I want it bad

prototype...not available. I was involved in R&D and i loved that tall one... dont even know who has it now...
    I sure wish you knew were it was I’d buy the dang thing I need that for coyote hunting I’m scared to buy the triple pull cause I hunt with a stool
    An I’m scared it won’t b high enough