• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Tripod tape

AR15-SBR

Private
Minuteman
Jun 10, 2014
At the Armageddon Gear truck during the Precision Rifle Expo I noticed one of their tripods used for display had some sort of sticky tape running the length of its upper leg. This "tape" was very tacky and had a grid pattern on it. I contacted AG after the expo and asked about the tape but didnt get an answer.

Does anyone know what this tape might be?

I am not sure what AG was using but as Austinjunks said self adhesive medical tape (Coban Wrap) works great for protecting tubular objects like tripod legs and scopes bodies. The stuff is stretchy, only sticks to itself, leaves no residue, and can be built up as much as you like. It is also great for first aid, you can use it like an ace bandage to wrap a joint or to secure gauze under pressure, or build up a protective splint like cover for a finger. I like the Camo stuff HERE

Rasyad

Last edited:
Reactions: Austinjunks
I put that stuff on my scope and tripod. Only issue ws during a rain storm, it got loose. Still like the stuff. I use the cheap camo pattern stuff off of Amazon.

At the Armageddon Gear truck during the Precision Rifle Expo I noticed one of their tripods used for display had some sort of sticky tape running the length of its upper leg. This "tape" was very tacky and had a grid pattern on it. I contacted AG after the expo and asked about the tape but didnt get an answer.

It is the same product that the sticky game changer is made of. It comes in self adhesive backing and the kind they use on the bags.

I have a sticky Game Canger and it doesn't have the "grid pattern"

This stuff?

I bought the tape from Tom at AG. It is from the same company that makes the grip fabric for the bags.

B1654EDB-20AB-4244-B059-5515803CD018.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: Rasyad
Coban is useful to have, I put it on bell of my optic. But for tripod I used tennis racket grip tape, Amazon. Rubbery, tacky, and bright colors available to identify your tripod in a crowd at matches. Works great, had it on for 4-5 months now. PM if you need specific item, I can dig it up on Amazon order page.

Dan
NC

Attachments

• aviary-image-1556154652710.jpeg
    aviary-image-1556154652710.jpeg
    361.7 KB · Views: 94

I use this for my scope and my tripod legs. Works well, plenty of protection, not bulky, cheap, no residue.

Thanks for the reply. I will give AG a call, but I will look into some of the others as well.

I put a strip of grip tape on each leg and wrapped it with Coban Wrap. It works well for my purposes.

I bought from Rauch precision these one:

Is a pretty nice stuff.. And have also a good grip.

Any particular reason why you'd want THAT specific tape? Sounds to me like there've been viable suggestions that would do.

I am sorry I don't, other than the (approx)1/16 inch grid pattern. The tape ran along 1 leg of the tripod.

I asked because there were two tripods in the booth at the Expo - mine and Tom's. His is a CruxOrd, and mine was the Really Right Stuff with an Anvil. I'm pretty sure his has some of the sticky material on it, too, but mine has two strips of it on the upper segment of one leg.

Any particular reason why you'd want THAT specific tape? Sounds to me like there've been viable suggestions that would do.

If you're using an AG bag with the same sticky material (IE: Sticky GameChanger, the 419 RailChanger skinny bag, etc), then having sticky on your tripod to match will help with the two items (bag and tripod) to 'stick' to each other and help keep the bag in place. I've actually done it with mine in practice.

Hollywood 6mm....Sounds like it was yours that I saw. I was the guy you added filling to the Game Changer that I bought.