• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Movie Theater Tron: Legacy

Dogtown

Ke = (mv^2)/2
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Jun 21, 2007
    CONUS
    Re: Tron: Legacy

I'm stoked about TRON. I was completely captivated by the original when it came out. I will be seeing the sequel in 3D IMAX theater for sure.

I think we found the next movie that will top the box office openning day and all time grossing film records.

One lesson which might be learned from this year's Academy Awards is that people are more interested in stories about real people rather than in animated comic books, no matter how well done the animated comic books are.

Lindy - not sure I agree with you, as much as I'd like to. The Academy was more interested in awarding 'The Hurt Locker' than 'Avatar', but box office receipts certainly point to 'Avatar' being much more in line with the 'peoples choice'.

While studios will continue to produce marquee pictures to generate prestige during awards season, they will still be primarily driven by chasing box office receipts. Given the monetary success of 'Avatar' we'll see much more of that kind of movie - especially the 3D aspect (one of the most deplorable aspects of 'Avatar's success - but I guess I'm a little old-fashioned).

Lindy, you may be correct, but the latter tends to make a shitload of money.

Certainly the public and the people who vote for the Academy Awards are disparate groups.

H.L. Mencken observed “Nobody ever went broke underestimating the taste of the American public.”

People watch American Idol, too.