• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

True Ballistic Chronograph - Yet another Radar Chrono

Waiting on results for this one.

SQi-2021-001_1Dx-5492-scaled.jpg

Reactions: msgriff
I have an Andiscan and it’s awesome

Gun mounted makes it 10x more awesome
Hi Zak,
Have you used the Andiscan with your bigger cans like the 338 Ultra? Had a Bulletseeker but I couldn't get it to play nice with my 338 Ultra and returned it. Would really like to find a smaller form factor chrono that works well with suppressors.
Thx

Reactions: BlueLacy
My True Ballistic chrono has read about 100rds of 22lr and not missed one so far. More testing this weekend
Will be interested to see on larger recoil guns. I didn’t see much about that in my short Google search and haven’t watched the vid above yet. Maybe they cover that.

Oh damn!! That’s great to know! I may have to invest! This or the Andiscan….

Honestly someone should tell them that they are marketing to the wrong (or least a smaller) audience! There is obviously a massive demand on this side of the ballistics fence that they are missing out on! And if they dropped that price a little to blow LR prices they crush them!

Reactions: Taylorbok
So the Andi and the TBC both seem to actually work all the time. The difference is the Andi is smaller and easily mounts to your rifle, and the BTC can give you significantly more useful data, though it's significantly larger. Getting a true BC on your bullet that easy is pretty nice, though the size of the Andi and rifle mounting is also pretty nice...... tough call here.

I have had my TBC for almost a month. Set up is a breeze and still learning how to use the App. Used it on 22LR, .45 ACP and .308 LR10. Picked up every shot. The best is getting data out to 400 yards (both in FPS and Foot lbs.) For my 22LR, I have set up to get data at 50, 75, 100 and 200 yards. The speed tracker was finicky in were you placed it at to get the results you needed. Not the TBC.

How hard is it or how big of a deal is it to improve the app? That seems to be the only "issue" with this thing. The TBC seems to be great at actually picking up and getting the data. Is it likely that they would improve the app with firmware updates or even make a new app or some such in a fairly short amount of time or is that more involved and not likely to be something that happens in the next year?

How hard is it or how big of a deal is it to improve the app? That seems to be the only "issue" with this thing. The TBC seems to be great at actually picking up and getting the data. Is it likely that they would improve the app with firmware updates or even make a new app or some such in a fairly short amount of time or is that more involved and not likely to be something that happens in the next year?
I agree about updating their APP. I really liked the APP for the Speed Tracker.

The pit.
Side by side, well not literally, AndiScan was on the left side of the barrel and FX on the right side :D
Man, if you are looking for a doppler radar, DO not buy the orange, not bananas, buy AndiScan or FX, these are easy to use and reliable gear.
Start to do my work now, edit the video, it might take a while, need to drive to pharmacy, one of my kid has a tonsillitis.

Thanks for the video. Looks promising. Glad you are taking care of the child first! Lol

Reactions: viking78
On this video, this gentleman is talking, that his got friens who has bought bulletseeker, and they do regret that.
Some sort of problems they have with that radar.

Yes.
Interesting to see the ones he shows also have some issues, once again proving it is wise to watch and wait to see what the reality is once all the emotions and marketing settle out.
None of them are perfect, but depending on your taste and needs, one of them is going to suite you.
For now... choices are better than no choices.

I like the freedom of a non mounted chronograph. Kudos to Labradar for pioneering the doppler chronograph. It was about time for the competition to step up.

Reactions: RegionRat
Yes.
Interesting to see the ones he shows also have some issues, once again proving it is wise to watch and wait to see what the reality is once all the emotions and marketing settle out.
None of them are perfect, but depending on your taste and needs, one of them is going to suite you.
For now... choices are better than no choices.
I agreed with the video author's point about the FX looking to be cheaply boxed and price point suggestion. However, it's still overall cheaper than a full Labradar setup. (Unit, trigger, base, etc)

Finally picked one of these up the other day! Also was playing around w my buddies Lab Radar at the same time and got to test both out. The FC outperformed the LR by a mile. Picked up every single shot, gave me readings out to 300yrds calculated BCs etc. it is NOT cheaply made, it’s super easy to use, and super consistent. Honestly this thing will kill the LR outright! Full stop! Couldn’t be happier with my purchase and even my buddy is selling his LR and grabbing one too.

Reactions: FredHammer
Weird.
Krale in Netherlands. Buy my pellet gun stuff from them. Euro is weak to dollar and makes things cheaper. Shipping is less than a week to midwest USA.

Weird.
Krale in Netherlands. Buy my pellet gun stuff from them. Euro is weak to dollar and makes things cheaper. Shipping is less than a week to midwest USA.
Got mine from the same shop. Came in a few days and was about 200 USD cheaper!

Reactions: FredHammer
I had a friend accept this as a temporary gift. He is very happy with the results. He will sed me the unit when he is done.

I haven’t used a chrono ( yet , but want to invest in one ) but looking and asking I like the options of the fx for some reason , do y’all think it will be better than the Garmin ? Too soon to tell ?

I have ran over 1k rounds of 22lr past mine and it hasn’t missed a shot. For instance, yesterday I was trying my kestrel to 300 with an empty range. I simply pointed the FX in the direction of the targets and it picked up all shots from 100 to 300.

It’s easy to set up and just works.

I have friends that reload and use chronos , I have a basic understanding of all this and basically want to jump in head first in the deep end I guess lol , isn’t that how you do it ?

I took the FX to the range this week, along with a Garmin Xero, and tested them side-by-side. They both picked up every shot. The Garmin is nice but the FX provides more information and customization. I like both of them but I actually think the FX is going to be my "go-to" on most outings. It is just a easy to set up, is just as good at picking up shots, and provides more data. Just my 2 cents worth.

Has anyone tried the v58 Beta firmware update yet? If so, any negative issues encountered?

Bought one this week, picked up all shots so far 223 hand loads with a brake, 6.5 creedmoor with blast forwarder, and a 308 FTR rifle. Pretty happy with it.

Reactions: Spuzzcat
Yo guys.
Who still got FX??
Upload this latest update to your FX and it is a total different animal.
The one on the bottome, BETA2.
I did uploaded the EU version yesterday, 56EU, it did updated it, but..
I did uploaded the BETA2 version 15-minutes ago, and tested it with PCP, man this is awesome.
It does change it so much better direction, but it would be nice boy, i should not do that, because this
version is ment to be for US only, because it will trigger out all the power of the radar for the use now.
It did take all the shots, i put the radar on front, far away back, 2 feets on the side, all shots was taken up, and it did record it to the FX unit inside, not need to check it out from your phone, and it just so much better now.
For sure the size aint still Garmin, but if you all ready have the FX, upload the thing, and you will love it.

The FCC USA version of the chronograph is a high-power variant designed for the USA market. In contrast, the CE EU version complies with European Union regulations and is a lower-power variant. It is essential to understand that the hardware of the chronograph is the same for both markets, meaning that each unit is compatible with both FCC and CE firmware versions.

Reactions: RegionRat
GUYS!!!
Those who has the FX, DO not sell it, until you have tested the Beta 2.0 version.
It does make this radar in to a monster.

Thank you for the video. I'm not worried about accuracy of muzzle velocities, but about measured exact velocities downrange.
Besides, for cartridge 6.5 mm Creedmoor range like 100 meters is "nothing". Set the instrument to 300 meters and compare results with ammo manufacturers' data. Good luck!

Thank you for the video. I'm not worried about accuracy of muzzle velocities, but about measured exact velocities downrange.
Besides, for cartridge 6.5 mm Creedmoor range like 100 meters is "nothing". Set the instrument to 300 meters and compare results with ammo manufacturers' data. Good luck!
FX ballistic calculator with new soft, R4 can calculate the bullet BC and gives exact bullet drop data.
I have tested it, and it is precisely what it tells, so far i have tested it on 300m, long range is still under 2´ of snow :D