• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Movie Theater True Detective season 2

ssgp2

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 9, 2004
montreal,Canada
Apparently we are getting Farrel and Vaughn.

I can see Farrel, but Vaughn eludes me.
Anyone see him in such a role?

What would be your choice in casting the next season?

I'll go with Denzel and M. Rourke.

Wow! Vince Vaughn? That's a wild curve ball. Collin Farrell is a good choice. He brings intensity. I guess I keep seeing Vince Vaughn in Dodgeball or Wedding Crashers, Anchorman and Fred Claus! LOL! But, Vince is a smart and experienced actor.

I have faith in the folks running this series. Season 1 was out-effing-standing. Let it begin.

I think the Knick is becoming my favorite series fast. True Detective season 1 is undoubtedly amazing and will always be up there but i honestly don't see them matching the expectations season 1 set. Even if they were to keep Harrelson & McConaughey we'd eventually get to this redundancy of them narrowly escaping or they would have to kill one off.

Season 2 thus far...well i'm not getting my hopes up, as their choices in actors so far is underwhelming. I'm not saying it can't be done, but going from Harrelson & McConaughey to Farrel & Vaughn is like going from a .308 to a 22lr and expecting the same results, it isn't going to happen. Collin is a good actor but neither brings the level of talent the two previous actors did to the table. Brad pitt would've been decent but obviously very reminiscent of Se7en.

Denzel would be a hell of a choice and i wouldn't be surprised if he'd go for it. The one role he regrets not taking to this day is Brad Pitt's character in Se7en and True Detective is very much like Se7en.

Not sure about M. Rourke but Denzel would be a great choice IMO.

Last edited:
From the rumors I read, Colin is a cop and Vaughn is a criminal.
Not sure if he's a CI or a rat or what, but, hey, it's a rumor.
If the same writer and director are involved, I will pass judgement AFTER viewing.
They did a good enough job on the first season, they earned it