• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Trust Schedule A question

kato01

Private
Minuteman
May 17, 2011
Texas
I have a trust for my first NFA item, a suppressor, and saw that the ATF now wants the Schedule A included with the application. Is this true if there are no other NFA items in the trust yet? If so, should the Schedule A be blank and signed? Thanks in advance for your help.

Just fund it with something else. I listed $1000 cash and it worked. I added the suppressor after the approved forms came back.

Thanks. Can yo uplease clarify what you mean by fund it? Did you actually open an account in the name of the trust and deposit $1000, or just list it as in the trust?

My dealer instructed me to list the first can as "pending" on the schedule A and it went through no problem. I continue to list all new items as pending.

I put a Glock range bag on mine. I was told material rather than money was better. You can add a silencer later in a addendum to the schedule A. You may also remove an item from the Schedule A.
I added a SBR and a suppressor and took out the Glock Bag.

I have had blank schedule a's approved. Even had one approved where my customer refused to send in the schedule. I think it depends on what they had for breakfasr that morning.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Each time I've used my trust I've listed the can, the mfr, model, caliber and serial number. From the first to the next. Never had a problem. Seeing as I'd already PAID for the cans and had a RECEIPT, that was proof of ownership for me to put it in the trust, pending NFA approval of transfer, but I wasn't instructed to put "pending."

YMMV. Seems like there's a lot of dissent on this point and lawyers thrive on that.

I have a trust for my first NFA item, a suppressor, and saw that the ATF now wants the Schedule A included with the application. Is this true if there are no other NFA items in the trust yet? If so, should the Schedule A be blank and signed? Thanks in advance for your help.

This is my post from December 2012. The following is what worked for me...YMMV.

Re: Form 4 wait time

Form 4 on Trust

Item: Shark .308 suppressor

Mailed out the package 20 June 2012 via USPS Priority Mail Flat Rate Envelope with delivery confirmation. Package delivered 23 June 2012 (per USPS Track & Confirm).

My Credit Union honored the above check on 26 June 2012. (ACH withdrawal ATF NFA)

Pending? (never checked)

My FFL called me on 6 December 2012 to report that he had received a letter from NFA which stated: "Trust may be insufficient - Schedule A". I got the call at 6:00 PM on the 6th (too late to call NFA in West Virginia). The Schedule A in my Trust is a listing of National Firearms Act assets owned by the Trust.

I called NFA on 7 December 2012. I spoke with Angela Celli. She informed me that my Trust did not contain a Schedule A. I explained that there was a Schedule A in my Trust binder. I did not submit my Schedule A because I do not own any NFA items on my Trust. The suppressor listed on this Form 4 is the first NFA item assigned to my Trust. Angela explained that they needed a Schedule A (a blank schedule is acceptable) in order to consider my Trust "complete". I faxed a (signed) blank copy of my Trust Schedule A to Angela within one hour of the phone call.

Approved 12 December 2012.

FFL received approved/stamped form 4 on 19 December 2012.

I picked up my Shark and Form 4 on 21 December 2012

Examiner: Sandra J. Snook.