• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Trust...

SnowApe

Private
Minuteman
Sep 29, 2009
Stephens City, VA
I'm working my way through the research on picking up my first can and whether or not to do a trust. On one hand, I'm not certain that the LEO signature authority would or would not sign a form 4 for me, but it seems like the safe way to go is with a trust. I'm seeing a lot of folks have used templates or premade trusts, but I'm seeing alot of hype on the importance of getting it done by a professional or at least through the NFA GUNTRUST LAWYER site... None of us want to pay any more than we have to, but I'm trying to determine where the most bang for my buck is...

Ideally, I'd like the trust to be in mine and my wifes name... and after I get this can it likely won't be my last NFA item. I'm in VA so Im not terribly worried about the laws shifting...

Anyone have any advice on how to navigate this... I've read several threads and gotten conflicting information... Thanks in advance.

Mike

I'm working my way through the research on picking up my first can and whether or not to do a trust. On one hand, I'm not certain that the LEO signature authority would or would not sign a form 4 for me, but it seems like the safe way to go is with a trust. I'm seeing a lot of folks have used templates or premade trusts, but I'm seeing alot of hype on the importance of getting it done by a professional or at least through the NFA GUNTRUST LAWYER site... None of us want to pay any more than we have to, but I'm trying to determine where the most bang for my buck is...

Ideally, I'd like the trust to be in mine and my wifes name... and after I get this can it likely won't be my last NFA item. I'm in VA so Im not terribly worried about the laws shifting...

Anyone have any advice on how to navigate this... I've read several threads and gotten conflicting information... Thanks in advance.

Mike

Honestly, if you plan on getting more NFA items, find a gun trust lawyer that will write you up a trust. It's worth the piece of mind. You don't want to ever have to worry that your trust wont hold water if god forbid, you end up in court.

I'm in the same boat as the op and have been researching my options. Luckily found a lawyer about 60 miles from home who is also a class 3 dealer. Hopefully after this hitch offshore I'll be well on my way to receiving my first tax stamp

I'm in the same boat as the op and have been researching my options. Luckily found a lawyer about 60 miles from home who is also a class 3 dealer. Hopefully after this hitch offshore I'll be well on my way to receiving my first tax stamp

That's a hell of a 1-2 punch!! We need more lawyers like that!

Hey SnowApe,

I live in Winchester and had a trust set up last year. Shoot me a PM and I'll give you the email address of the lawyer I used. He also gave me a VCDL and veteran's discount from his normal fee.