• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Try Dope for 22 Rimfire

Tree

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Jan 28, 2018
MN (Frozen tundra)
Building upon the Weaponized Math created by Marc Taylor @Enough Said for centerfire and shared with us here:

https://www.snipershide.com/predictable-weaponized-math-and-x-factor-voodoo/
by @lowlight.

And utilizing the data sheets that @Jack Master published here:
https://www.snipershide.com/shootin...aponized-math-moa-to-mil-jack-master.6964854/

I wanted to see if it would work for a 22 Rimfire. So i did some analysis and created the following.

As I do not have enough "real world" data from other shooters to determine if it is truly accurate I would be interested to see if others trued dope matches up to this based on an assumed constant drop between distances. My rimfire rifles/ammo combinations appear to be accurate (consistently within 0-.2 mils).

This is obviously scaled down for 22 LR distances. Only goes to 300 yards, though I do have it out to 400. Also only appears to work for ammo with velocity between 1600 and 950 fps. Outside that range the constants are not as accurate. Also assumes a 50 yard zero.

Would welcome feedback.

22 Try Dope.jpg

At a quick look for the velocity ammo I am shooting this appears to be within.1-.2 mil out to 200 yards as I have previously shot and documented every 15 yards out to 200..
Awesome chart, I’ll try and prove it in the next few weeks!

this is an excellent jump start rather than taking a poke and working into a solution and probably getting frustrated and not shooting as well as one could!

thanks for posting and sharing!

Reactions: Tree
At a quick look for the velocity ammo I am shooting this appears to be within.1-.2 mil out to 200 yards as I have previously shot and documented every 15 yards out to 200..
Awesome chart, I’ll try and prove it in the next few weeks!

this is an excellent jump start rather than taking a poke and working into a solution and probably getting frustrated and not shooting as well as one could!

thanks for posting and sharing!
Good to hear this. Hopefully others can test the theory. Think it would be a good way to get new shooters on target to distance if it works out.

Awesome job working the numbers!!! And yes, the try value pretty much aligns to my adjustments and will result in a hit. Then just a click or 2 for refinement.

Awesome job working the numbers!!! And yes, the try value pretty much aligns to my adjustments and will result in a hit. Then just a click or 2 for refinement.
This is good to hear. Looking forward to additional feedback from others. It’s an interesting idea that Marc figured out. Consistent drop based off of each steps elevation need regardless of bullet.

I ran the data today for real started at 50 and went to 300 yards in incriminates of 25 yards.
The 1050 velocity line I originally had thought was similar to my regular dope was spot on I literally dialed every try line and I had elevation within 3” at 300 yards.

so the originator of this chart, hats off to you because your way smarter than I is!

I ran the data today for real started at 50 and went to 300 yards in incriminates of 25 yards.
The 1050 velocity line I originally had thought was similar to my regular dope was spot on I literally dialed every try line and I had elevation within 3” at 300 yards.

so the originator of this chart, hats off to you because your way smarter than I is!
Appreciate this. I am glad it worked out. Thank you for the compliment, but I can't say I am smarter than anyway just like a challenge and math. :)

Reactions: Lucky Kelley
I have my .22 trued up almost perfectly to 350yds. I’ll input a 50yd zero (I use 30yd most of the time) and will post dope for comparison.

Interested to see how it lines up with your trued dope.

Here is what my kestrel says with 50yd zero and environment locked at 2k DA. This is sk standard plus.

No clue if it lines up with your stuff or not as I haven’t read it all yet.

75FE889D-BC98-4D70-B7A0-3A15C4FA9EBB.jpeg

I’ll also need to run it over a chrono. I don’t even bother with velocity as we are already subsonic. I jump straight to DSF truing.

Lines up within .1 mills to about 250 then .2 mils there after. Velocity would probably be near 1100 FPS.

I used the line in between 1050 and 1100. I think I read it right.

I used the line in between 1050 and 1100. I think I read it right.
Starting with the box Ammo velocity of 1072 it would indicate starting at 2. Your 100 was 1.9 so you would find 1.9 in the actual column for 100 which would recommend 3.1 at 125. With true being 3 find the next recommendation which would be 4.4, etc.

Here’s what it would have been.

Attachments

• 23556B11-7E1F-4230-82B3-D1CAAC77F7F6.jpeg
    23556B11-7E1F-4230-82B3-D1CAAC77F7F6.jpeg
    890.1 KB · Views: 169
Reactions: Lucky Kelley
Starting with the box Ammo velocity of 1072 it would indicate starting at 2. Your 100 was 1.9 so you would find 1.9 in the actual column for 100 which would recommend 3.1 at 125. With true being 3 find the next recommendation which would be 4.4, etc.

Here’s what it would have been.

Wow, even better.

Building upon the Weaponized Math created by Marc Taylor @Enough Said for centerfire and shared with us here:

https://www.snipershide.com/predictable-weaponized-math-and-x-factor-voodoo/
by @lowlight.

And utilizing the data sheets that @Jack Master published here:
https://www.snipershide.com/shootin...aponized-math-moa-to-mil-jack-master.6964854/

I wanted to see if it would work for a 22 Rimfire. So i did some analysis and created the following.

As I do not have enough "real world" data from other shooters to determine if it is truly accurate I would be interested to see if others trued dope matches up to this based on an assumed constant drop between distances. My rimfire rifles/ammo combinations appear to be accurate (consistently within 0-.2 mils).

This is obviously scaled down for 22 LR distances. Only goes to 300 yards, though I do have it out to 400. Also only appears to work for ammo with velocity between 1600 and 950 fps. Outside that range the constants are not as accurate. Also assumes a 50 yard zero.

Would welcome feedback.

View attachment 7228419
Any chance that you've got this chart for rimfire in a shareable format like Goggle Sheets?

I do have it in excel. I will see if I can get it uploaded here
That’d help a bunch as I’m trying to get a group of folks that are new to precision rimfire up to speed on some of the intricacies of reaching out to longer ranges with a .22LR and knew I was in trouble when I got a “what’s that” when I pulled out my Kestrel to explain about ballistic solvers.

It opens and displays just fine.

For those worried about security here is a VirusTotal scan:

It works, but you also have a few load analysis files in there. Not sure if that was intended?

Thank you!