• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Trying to find primers.

Do-nothing

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
May 29, 2019
Hey guys. I suspect I already know the answer but anyone have any idea where to find small pistol and small rifle primers??? I can find magnum primers for both pistol and rifle but I don't have need for either. Day late and a couple dollars short?

Simple answer would be, use the magnum primers. They are not going to hurt anything. If you feel like testing other primers as they come available, have at it.

Reactions: yakstone
Hey guys. I suspect I already know the answer but anyone have any idea where to find small pistol and small rifle primers??? I can find magnum primers for both pistol and rifle but I don't have need for either. Day late and a couple dollars short?

Have you found small magnum primers online anywhere? Cause I wouldn't mind getting a couple thousand if so lol... far cry I know but figured I'd have you clarify

Reactions: Changed
Just getting set up to start reloading. I did not know I could use magnum primers. I will be reloading 9mm, 45ACP, 556, and eventually 6.5 Creed. Magnum primers would work in all of those? I was looking for what my manuals had listed.

Just getting set up to start reloading. I did not know I could use magnum primers. I will be reloading 9mm, 45ACP, 556, and eventually 6.5 Creed. Magnum primers would work in all of those? I was looking for what my manuals had listed.

ITs a terrible time to start reloading. LOL. IT seems everyone starts during component shortages. I guess its probably more causal than anything, but I would use what I could find. I have always used magnum primers in 223 and 6.5 Creedmoor. I used a bunch of Magnum pistol primers in 40 S&W during the last shortage. You gotta do, what you gotta do, if you want to shoot.

Start at minimum charges and work up in the handgun cases.

You’re SOL as far as common primers go. I’m sitting on a lowly 2k fed 205M because I waited too long to stock up on CCI BR4’s. BR4’s are back ordered and I’m sure the feds will be there soon too. Like mentioned above. Magnum primers won’t hurt anything. Just start with minimum loads and work up. Best of luck!

Thanks guys. Obvious newbie with a stupid question: Magnum primers are the same size as "regular" primers? I've never compared them side-by-side.

Thanks guys. Obvious newbie with a stupid question: Magnum primers are the same size as "regular" primers? I've never compared them side-by-side.

Yes they're the same size provided they're the same basic size (large/small).

If you're loading 9mm, just watch what powder you're using with magnum... some powders theres not a big difference between the min and max load, and magnum primers might push a little more pressure. Just be careful and work up. Check your brass for pressure signs.

There are small rifle magnum, small pistol magnum, large rifle magnum, and large pistol magnum. They are for the same primer pocket as their respective non-magnum counterpart.

Reactions: spife7980
6.5 CM is about 50/50 on how many people use either Mag or STD primers. Just pay attention and know the different signs of pressure it can go from minor to major fairly quickly with the Magnum primers since they are designed to ignite a larger powder charge quickly.

I like 450s more than 400s in everything I load. My crappy guns like the harder cup.

I just bought a case of 12,000 Fiocchi Small Rifle Magnum primers for $280. I'm hoping they will work for well for 5.56, 6.5G and 6.5CM loads.

That's what I like to call a full send
Agreed. The only way to do things is to over do things.
I love this place.

I found a totally sketchy place that has CCI 200 primes in 5k pack, delivered to my door for $190. I'm tempted.

Agreed. The only way to do things is to over do things.
I love this place.

I found a totally sketchy place that has CCI 200 primes in 5k pack, delivered to my door for $190. I'm tempted.

what place? lol

Are you asking for a friend?

UN Ammo
There are 7 bricks of 5k remaining, free shipping, no hazmat fee. $195.
I’ve actually bought a fair chunk of surplus milsurp ammo from them some years ago. Agreed that they looked sketchy but the ammo all arrived and was just like they said at a very good price.

Edit, 2016 I spent $900 got 1080 7n6 with crate and can opener, 440 7.62X54R spam can, and 1k Speer 124 grain factory 9mm.

Those 200’s have a good chance of slamfireing in a AR pattern rifle. I use the 41’s or the hardened wolf. But UNAmmo.com is GTG IME

edit edit.

don’t think I’d run those 200’s in an AR rifle but competition shooters I trust have told me they work just fine in place of SPP

Last edited:
I’ve actually bought a fair chunk of surplus milsurp ammo from them some years ago. Agreed that they looked sketchy but the ammo all arrived and was just like they said at a very good price.

The craziest part was that I put some in my cart and the screen with my shopping cart had some text across the top that said something to the effect of, "You probably got a warning about this being an 'unsafe' site but we'd like to assure you that this glitch will be taken care of in the next few days, just continue with your order and all will be fine."

So, yeah, I ordered a brick of CCI 200. The website made me feel like I was purchasing 12 year aged cheddar out of the trunk of an Oldsmobile at a rest stop.

• Haha
Reactions: kindabitey
The craziest part was that I put some in my cart and the screen with my shopping cart had some text across the top that said something to the effect of, "You probably got a warning about this being an 'unsafe' site but we'd like to assure you that this glitch will be taken care of in the next few days, just continue with your order and all will be fine."

So, yeah, I ordered a brick of CCI 200. The website made me feel like I was purchasing 12 year aged cheddar out of the trunk of an Oldsmobile at a rest stop.

hahahaha I was thinking the same thing. I also had a brain fart and didn't see you put CCI 200, went on there thinking they had small primers lol. Definitely got my hopes up

I remember that kinda thing.

I bought from them about 4 years ago but it seemed very Fred Sanford ....like a couple guys that got in hot water with their wife’s for dumping their 401K’s into surplus ammo and were ordered to sell it.. made a business out of it and the website admin is one of their 14-year-old gamer nephews LOL

If you're near a Sportsman's warehouse, they still have most non-match stuff on sale for $23.90/1k. You have to check the website often but they pop up for ship to store now and again, 1k limit. I've seen CCI 500 there a few times in the past weeks. Didn't buy any since I have enough for a while. Hoping to get 1k CCI#400 though.