• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Trying to restore faith in browning.

tread89

Private
Minuteman
Jan 23, 2023
Keokuk iowa
Recently purchased a beautiful brand new browning buckmark hunter 22lr and couldn't wait to put rounds through it and compete in some local matches. Well that was short lived after the 1st range outing I couldn't get it to completely extract spent casings. Took it home and field strip/cleaned and lubed everything. Didn't see anything out of the norm so I reassembled and went back out with a variety of different velocity and brands of ammo with zero luck. Talked to the guys at browning and we agreed It needed to be sent it and gone through and figured browning would take care of me and make it right being that it had roughly 500rnds through it just trying to get it broke in and only owned it 4 months. Today I get a email saying it needs a new extractor and firing pin housing assembly totaling right at $100 and looks like parts won't be avaible until December. Feel like I'm writing a rambling rant here but I've only ever had to send one firearm back for service and ruger went above and beyond to take care of me and make it right. Anyone else ever having warranty issues with browning?? Tandemkross does have the parts to fix it in stock if I decide to just have it returned and fix it myself.

Attachments

• 20230515_124025.jpg
    20230515_124025.jpg
    208.9 KB · Views: 61
  • 20230515_124636.jpg
    20230515_124636.jpg
    276.5 KB · Views: 45
  • 20230515_123957.jpg
    20230515_123957.jpg
    275.6 KB · Views: 60
  • Screenshot_20231002_180644_Drive.png
    Screenshot_20231002_180644_Drive.png
    519.5 KB · Views: 62
Last edited:
I would expect Browning to fix it...at their expense, or replace it. They can't get the parts until December, tell them to send a new Buck Mark.

They told you $100 in parts, are they expecting you to pay for that? Are they claiming that you voided the warranty by telling them you "field stripped it"? It does say in my Buck Mark owners manual not to take it apart, but I can't remember if that included a warranty declaration.

Edit: I just went back and read the letter they sent you, that is crap!

Reactions: tread89
[/QUOTE]
I would expect Browning to fix it...at their expense, or replace it. They can't get the parts until December, tell them to send a new Buck Mark.

They told you $100 in parts, are they expecting you to pay for that? Are they claiming that you voided the warranty by telling them you "field stripped it"? It does say in my Buck Mark owners manual not to take it apart, but I can't remember if that included a warranty declaration.

Edit: I just went back and read the letter they sent you, that is crap!
This is my "service request" after talking to them on the phone and agreeing it needed to be returned.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231002_191025_Email.jpg
    Screenshot_20231002_191025_Email.jpg
    169.5 KB · Views: 60
Agreed, it sucks…. If it were me, I’d ask for the weapon back and replace the parts with the upgraded Tandemkross parts and not look back. Make a good gun better. No need to stress the small stuff.

This. I'd tell them to eat shit and not pay them.

Then after it was fixed I'd probably still be pissed and sell it.

Reactions: tread89
This. I'd tell them to eat shit and not pay them.

Then after it was fixed I'd probably still be pissed and sell it.
Exactly how I feel about it. Pretty shitty customer service. It will be fixed with tandemkross parts and then going up for sale