• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

TSA Admits ‘Bad Judgment’ With Disabled Man

KillShot

Major Hide Member
Minuteman
May 25, 2010
Tulsa, Oklahoma
This kinda shit (the TSA) really gets under my skin.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Detroit – A Detroit father said agents with the Transportation Security Administration singled out his special-needs son for a pat-down while the family was headed to Disney World, MyFoxDetroit.com reported, an incident that the TSA admitted was a “case of bad judgment.”

David Mandy said agents at Detroit Metro Airport took his son Drew, 29, and asked him about the padding underneath his pants, which turned out to be adult diapers. Drew, who is severely mentally disabled, had trouble understanding the agents’ orders because his family said he has the mental capacity of a 2-year-old.

When the father tried to intervene and explain Drew’s disability, he said the two agents said, “Please, sir, we know what we’re doing.”

The agents confiscated a six-inch plastic hammer, something Drew had carried with him for 20 years for comfort. Agents called it a security threat, his father said, adding that they tapped the wall with it and said, “See, it’s hard. It could be used as a weapon.”

The family was told they’d have to ship the hammer if they wanted to keep it, David Mandy said.

“I understand they’re trying to keep people safe,” Mandy said told MyFoxDetroit.com. “But come on, does he look like a terrorist?”

In a statement to FoxNews.com, the TSA said it’s reviewing the incident but early findings indicate this was an “isolated case of bad judgment.” The TSA reached out to the Mandy family to apologize and said the man’s toy hammer should have never been confiscated.</div></div>

Source - Fox News

Re: TSA Admits ‘Bad Judgment’ With Disabled Man

They always apologize after the damage has been done only because they have to. No common sense what so ever.

Yes; but we're <span style="font-style: italic">winning</span>!

"Only a virtuous people are capable of Freedom. As nations become corrupt and vicious, they have more need of masters".

Benjamin Franklin

I remember when I would fly home on leave I would always be picked for the random security check at Detroit Metro. Never seen a white Marine terrorist before, why I was singled out in a line of haji's I will never know.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Marcus85</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I remember when I would fly home on leave I would always be picked for the random security check at Detroit Metro. Never seen a white Marine terrorist before, why I was singled out in a line of haji's I will never know. </div></div> Probably because they didn't want to be accused of profiling people like you do.

Political correctness has no place when it comes to the safety of the masses.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Marcus85</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Political correctness has no place when it comes to the safety of the masses. </div></div> If you believe that is what it takes then I feel sorry for you.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Marcus85</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Political correctness has no place when it comes to the safety of the masses. </div></div>

I couldn't agree more. Pay no attention to CrazyDonkey, maybe a more fitting name for him would be...well, nevermind. Voicing my opinion would only get me put in the time-out corner for "attacking others".

Marcus85, this goes along with what you said about political correctness.

Political correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional minority, which holds the proposition that it is possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Marcus85</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Political correctness has no place when it comes to the safety of the masses. </div></div>

To hell with the masses...Let the sheepdogs lookout for the sheeple..............

Im lookin out for me.

I fly damn near weekly for my job. I hate it. I hate airports, I hate TSA and I hate crowds of people. It's the hardest thing I have to do, not to have confrontations with these imbeciles... The sheer masses of these uniform wearing, tax payer thieves is enough to make you puke, not to mention that they are out of shape (read OBESE), illiterate, uneducated and either too old or too stupid to make a rational decision...fuck it, don't get me started, I just got back in after a 30 day ban. TSA=Testicle Squeezing Authority.

I used to enjoy flying TSA has about ruined it. Anymore even with $4 gas I just drive.

I go through airports in Korea, China, Hong Kong, Paris, England, Dubai and some others regularly and would much rather go through those airports than say through JFK or ATL....by far!

but...

......I will say... don't get caught with something like a stray 9mm bullet that was accidentally hiding in your range bag after the last range trip over in those places. Much easier to explain that one over here than there......which brings me to...

Lesson number 1....Don't EVER fly with any bag you bring to the range....

runner

...Lesson number 2...Don't wear range clothes to the airport...stray bullets in pockets, gun powder residue etc.... it just makes life easier to leave them at home....

runner

Most TSA have the mental capability of two year old kids.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jeepin_Lawyer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I used to enjoy flying TSA has about ruined it. Anymore even with $4 gas I just drive. </div></div>

Me too. Well, I never really liked to fly, but I did. Now with the TSA and airline bullshit, I always opt to drive instead. I'd rather pay a bit more and spend a little more time to drive (though sometimes its faster to drive than fly, as I have found out) than deal with some asshole TSA goon who was too retarded to even work the register at McDonalds, but is now granted the authority to do anything he/she wants in the name of our "safety".

What great times we are living in...

I fly at least once a month, sometimes twice. I have flown overseas repeatedly. TSA doesnt bother me. Considering the number of brain dead citizens who fly each and every day I'd say they do better than most any other phase of the trip.

So few ticket agents and they all seem to have come from the post office either as retirees or from downsizing. (Thank Gawd I have Priority access)

TSA is slicker than warm snake snot on a doorknob IF the geese inline infront of you have a clue about the process. From enough jewelery to sink a ship, to big cans of spray/oils/aftershave/I am pretty sure I dont want to know whats in that tube! Dont wear lace up boots, metal bras, a pocket of change, knives- yes KNIVES, and other stupid crap.

The baggage fees have turned most flyers into pack mules coming onboard. Its like pulling teeth watching them attempt to stuff that bag in the overhead bin. (Thank Gawd I have priority boarding!)

They board like they are the only ones flying, stuff all manner of crap overhead and block the rest of the passengers trying to get onboard and seated. Offloading is like watching mollasses flow uphill in winter!

Throw in miserable parking and all those numbnutz parked on the shoulder waiting for the phonecall and I'd say TSA is the least of my problems!

Now overseas they are alot tighter and lines can be crazy slow. I got pulled out of line for more questioning because I didnt know where/when my wife had bought the carry on bag I was using for the trip! I was questioned at the counter, going through the security gate and at the Plane's gate!

Considering the idiotic orders, the average flyer, the time it takes to screen people and the thankless job I'd say we are getting a far better worker than we are paying for.

it aint all been roses but no catagory of my life has flowed like honey all the time. I'm amazed so many others apparently have it so easy everyplace but the TSA screening line.

I don't fly, but from all the stories I have heard and the videos I have seen TSA comes across like mallcop wannabes.

Jim

TSA are a necessary hassle. What's annoying are the cattle who pass for humans who think 'their' belts, shoes, knives and and nail clippers are different from the ones everyone else has to take off or pack in stored luggage.

Blaming the TSA is misguided. Do they make mistakes and could they be better quality, sure. But that's the fault of the airport agency for hiring the lowest qualified candidates and probably for giving the lowest acceptable quality training. I fly around a couple of times a month to the East Coast and often internationally, I'd rather have the TSA than some hadji jihad dumbfuck blowing up planes and if anyone who complains about the existence of the TSA in the first were to think about that they'd agree with the preference I'm sure.

Ubet - comparing the TSA to the SS is about the funniest, dumbest thing I've read in a while here. Thanks. Keep staying away from books pal, it's what makes you so special.

Question, When was the last time that the TSA stoped or caught a terrorist???

Oh that's right, they haven't.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: flyboy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Question, When was the last time that the TSA stoped or caught a terrorist???

Oh that's right, they haven't. </div></div>

erm... you don't know that and secondly, there's the whole prevention thing. I'm not defending the TSA, I'm just trying to fight the dumb that's on this thread.

Do you honestly believe for one second that if the TSA had caught a terrorist, it wouldn't be one big fucking circle jerk about how great they are.

Lets also look into all the great examples of how great they are, I do know for a fact that they don't do a damn thing.

As you may have guessed from the whole name thing at the top left of my posts, I kinda have a little more insite than the standard internet commando. I've found 4" pocket knives, Zippo lighters (forbidden), disposable utility knife blades, a plastic dummy gun placed by the TSA to see if I was looking for shit they missed on my airplane. It's the GOV and they are here to "HELP".

If it helps you sleep at night to think that it's anything more than a show, I'm happy for you.

There is still a reason why the flightdeck has ballistic doors and all the necessary precautions to prevent and hijacking again, because the TSA wont stop the terrorists from getting on planes again.

Jesus Christ, take a chill pill will you. "Internet Commando", all I said was I fly a lot and am more annoyed by the other travelers who pack dumb stuff than I am by the TSA.

You rock on with your awesome self dude, give my regards to Chuck Norris when you next give him a lesson in scowling or something...

I have been genuinely surprised that SCOTUS didnt hasn't and probably won't rule the searches performed by the TSA as unconstitutional. How much is too much? When you have to submit to a body scanner or pat down to get on a bus, in a restaurant, into work? How tolerant would we be if there were TSA checkpoInts on the interstate? I'm a "slippery slope" kinda guy and it seems to get slicker everyday.

Cars drive, and boats float....flying on a commercial airline is a conscious choice of convenience, not absolute necessity. Anyone who thinks differently is a narrow minded self absorbed idiot.

The big picture says the mere existance of the institution helps with preventing terrorism, whether or not they do their job "right", according to the court of public opinion.....fussing about nail clippers and plastic toy hammers is just the inevitable noise that everyone knows will occur when the lumpy wheel of bureaucracy wobbles along it's merry way.

The TSA phucked up with the mentally handicapped man in the story, plain and simple, but they would be hanging by their balls on a hook if there ever was another 9/11.

Not defending them, or justifying their stupidity, but if anyone has a better way to do this, then go on and get 'er done........

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: EventHorizon</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Jesus Christ, take a chill pill will you. "Internet Commando", all I said was I fly a lot and am more annoyed by the other travelers who pack dumb stuff than I am by the TSA.

You rock on with your awesome self dude, give my regards to Chuck Norris when you next give him a lesson in scowling or something...

</div></div>

I fly a lot too. I fly so much I go through the special line for frequent flyers so I don't deal with the masses. The TSA in Los Angeles airport suck. The TSA testers have slip bombs and guns through security at Los Angeles Airport (ref: http://articles.cnn.com/2008-01-28/...creeners-airport-security-fake-bombs?_s=PM:US )(ref: http://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/loaded-gun-slips-past-tsa-screeners/story?id=12412458 ).

Does the TSA really make us safer? I don't believe they do. I believe they were only put there to give the illusion of safety. By the way if a terrorist wanted to cause the most damage they would get in line at the airport security during the busiest travel time of the year and do their thing ( i.e. BOOM). This would scare people from wanting to go to the airport, hence the terrorist has complete the objective of scaring the masses.

Do we need the TSA? No. What we need is for people to watch out for suspicious activity and report it. However, now that they feel safe they don't take a look at their surroundings. They go on living in their own little bubble standing in security lines with crap they shouldn't bring to the security check point, pissing off people.

I want to mention that at KCI the TSA did a search on an 80 year old grandmother flying with her daughter and her grandchildren. She had a walker with the two tennis balls on the front two legs and she could barely move. That is just stupid.

I was flying out of SLC when an Army Sgt. of the 101st in uniform was searched by the TSA. He didn't have anything. Just stupid.

I have left trade show with knife I had gotten at the show. I walked right through security at BNA.

Does the TSA make you feel safer?

It seems all the crap things the TSA does is part and parcel of any organization that deals with the masses. As I said earlier, I'm sure they're only as good the minimum level of candidate qualifications and training they hold themselves too. I have no love for the TSA, but to vilify them is barking up the wrong tree.

Alternatives?

Would I feel better trusting my fellow vacuous bovine travelers with being alert and ready to speak up - not bloody likely! These people barely know what their children are doing let alone the actions and mannerisms of those bent on deceit, death and destruction. How do I know this? I look like a terrorist. Three days of stubble and I could easily win Taliban Idol. I could walk up the aisle muttering intensely to myself with a Quran in hand and I doubt any dipstick on the plane would do more than look at me.

Basically, I'd rather have the TSA than not because I don't see a viable alternative. Would I prefer them to be better trained and efficient, sure.

Also, and on a general note, let's not forget something here folks - prior to Bin Laden, the biggest mass murderer and terrorist attack on US soil was planned and executed by a pasty skinned, ginger haired boy called Timothy (not Muhammed, or Bin This or Al That) born and bred right here. It's not all about the color of your skin, it's all about intent, so think about that when you think how dumb it is that they stop a non-Middle Eastern looking guy who so clearly resembles Jesus and couldn't possibly wish anyone harm... (btw, I'm all for profiling, but in my view, we're all a bunch of crazies).

My most ridiculous TSA experience was when I was asked to remove my socks for fear of the impending doom to be brought on my Toastie Toes..in the airport of a hunting community no less! Oh, forgot the time in San Francisco I went through metal scanners (with my card), then a blow-scanner, then a pat-down, only to be pull out of line boarding first class and be subjected to pat-down a second time because I was wearing camoflauge pants.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: EventHorizon</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: flyboy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Question, When was the last time that the TSA stoped or caught a terrorist???

erm... you don't know that and secondly, there's the whole prevention thing. I'm not defending the TSA, I'm just trying to fight the dumb that's on this thread. </div></div>

Quisling.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KIDGLOCK</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: EventHorizon</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: flyboy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Question, When was the last time that the TSA stoped or caught a terrorist???

erm... you don't know that and secondly, there's the whole prevention thing. I'm not defending the TSA, I'm just trying to fight the dumb that's on this thread. </div></div>

Quisling. </div></div>

Listen, if the TSA are the new Nazi then it would not have taken millions dead of the Greatest Generation to defeat the Old Nazis. That's all I'm saying on this most ridiculous of points.

But I do appreciate your vocabulary!

The Nazi's started somewhere, didn't they? It didn't just up and appear as the well organized fighting force that most Americans know it as.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: flyboy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The Nazi's started somewhere, didn't they? It didn't just up and appear as the well organized fighting force that most Americans know it as. </div></div>

It wasn't padding people's privates in airports for minimum wage...

It's all too apparent that those who liken anything the dont like to the Nazi have not a single idea of either what they are comparing to the Nazi or the Nazis.

This thread is now officially dumb.

Viva La Resistance!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: EventHorizon</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: flyboy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The Nazi's started somewhere, didn't they? It didn't just up and appear as the well organized fighting force that most Americans know it as. </div></div>

It wasn't padding people's privates in airports for minimum wage...

It's all too apparent that those who liken anything the dont like to the Nazi have not a single idea of either what they are comparing to the Nazi or the Nazis.

This thread is now officially dumb.

Viva La Resistance! </div></div>

Who the hell are you kidding? Minimum wage... For a federal GOV job. That's a simple number that with two minutes on Google can be found out and you get that easy of a fact wrong?

What else don't you know?

But you're ok thinking the TSA are Nazis. That grand canyon of a mistake is trumped by their hourly rate.

You are funny.