• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

BCX

Powder Consumer
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Mar 18, 2018
    Can anyone post a pic of the JTAC reticle on 5x? Is the reticle usable on 5x without illumination? Google has came up short.

Pic doesn't really show a ton. You can see it just fine at 5 power.

Attachments

• DA5158ED-9370-462C-96B7-AE475BA6C31D.jpeg
      DA5158ED-9370-462C-96B7-AE475BA6C31D.jpeg
      481.2 KB · Views: 376
    We’d love to take a picture for everybody but that darn sealed box, but whoever wants to grab our last JTAC TT hit us up so you can see it for yourself. :)

The Gen2 Mildot seems to be their best reticle if you want to use 5-12x.

The Gen2XR is still thin at 15x, that’s why I got rid of my 315P. My buddy got rid of his Gen3XR on his 315P for the same reason. And that reticle is thicker than 2XR.

And the JTAC is even thinner than the 2XR.
    Maybe the JTAC is better suited for the new
    7-35x. But I’m no fan of the 1Mil over. I saw Clay’s pre production 1.5yrs ago. For me, I wouldn’t shoot under 18x with it. I’ve seen guys to sell theirs right away.

I just want an H2CMR on the TT. If nothing comes close to it, have no issues continuing to use 2XR

My buddy got rid of his Gen3XR on his 315P for the same reason. And that reticle is thicker than 2XR.
    I'm confused by this statement. From the reticle cards, both the Gen 2XR and 3XR look to have the same reticle stadia thickness to me... The X and Y axis are both 0.025 MRAD. The one-mil dots are 0.1 MRAD on both reticles. The line weight for half-mil stadia are both 0.025 MRAD. The only differences I can find in sizes is the "+" marks in the 2XR are 0.2MRAD and in the 3XR they are 0.1 MRAD. And the center dot in the 3XR is 0.075, but in the 2XR the crosshair is 0.025 x 0.025. So it's a bit of a wash there.

Last edited:
    Bumping this for some TT JTAC pics. Been back and forth between another G3 Razor or trying a TT. JTAC reticle on paper is my favorite reticle, 5-10x usefulness is important as I'd use it for hunting.

Edit: I'll literally throw someone $20 for some good pics of the reticle at various mag levels! $5k scope, you'd think the manufacturers would make high quality through-scope pics available.

Last edited:
    Reactions: BCX
    Why not a ZCO? I owned one TT breifly and the reticle was just too thin for my liking. I shoot alot on 10-12 power and it was just too small to make out hash marks for wind holds for me. Traded it for another ZCO and couldn't be happier.

TT is fine for peopel who shoot on 16+ power all the time.

Last edited:
    Honestly just the reticle. Mpct1 is ok and I'd l Iike to own a 4-20 someday, don't love the other reticles though. The jtac looks perfect to me but I'm worried it will be too thin. This would replace a 7-35 atacr on a rifle I hunt with and I have needed to use minimum power in the past.

Honestly just the reticle. Mpct1 is ok and I'd l Iike to own a 4-20 someday, don't love the other reticles though. The jtac looks perfect to me but I'm worried it will be too thin. This would replace a 7-35 atacr on a rifle I hunt with and I have needed to use minimum power in the past.

Again, I played with the prototype, okay reticle. I felt I needed to be on 18x +.
    Good luck trying to use it at 5-10x. Going to need illumination on, I bet.

Some of guys that bought it, quickly sold it after. Too thin.

Maybe it’ll be a better fit for the 7-35x that’s coming out next year.

I’m a Gen2XR guy, for now…

The ZCO reticles for me, are a tad too thick. Though If I were to get a ZCO, it would be with an 3X.

Thanks for the feedback, I'd prefer a 7-35 anyways. Maybe I'll wait.

Pictures are difficult to take and show what the reticle looks like at various magnifications. Every one prefers something unique to them. For myself this one is the ticket or a mil c. I had a gen 3xr which I traded for a jtac and have not looked back. Many matches I run at 10-12 and have had no issues. If it was me I would grab one and try it. If you do not like it you’ll have no issue trading it or selling it.

Bumping this thread. I still haven’t seen any except with a fuzzy white background.