• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Tubb Adaptive Target Rifle

That'll give you confidence in your system. (y)

What's a barrel change and bolt head change involve? I cant find a video, if you made one it'd probably get about a million hits.

I might try that. We will see. My video equipment consists of an iPhone or a small digital camera. W

With barrel extension torqued onto barrel, it is basically an AR15 barrel swap. Rifle uses a similar nut and armorers wrench to torque down. Hand guard uses same system as old T2K: indexing pin and threaded collar, very simple to remove. Rifle comes with an action wrench to hold back up with and I have experimented with having the rifle on the floor and torquing the nut to 50 ft lbs using torque wrench and back up held in rear of action. I wanted to simulate doing a barrel change without a vise and 50 ft lbs is easy to get. Because of this goal the above Shooting was done with 50 ft lbs on the nut. Can’t complain.

5F475CA6-9FF5-4F2F-A4E8-EE529FDB7248.jpeg

Punch out 2 pins and you can swap bolt heads. Not hard, but maybe not as loose as say a Bighorn. A couple taps with a 1/8 punch is all it takes. I can take a picture of the bolt head a little bit later.

Thanks Conrad. Your photos and posts tell me you'd exceed the quality and content of 95% of OEM instructional videos.

No problem, my guess is that it will play PRS games just fine....good balance, not overly heavy if you don’t want it to be, robust trigger....can fit any shooter...ambi-friendly....below is balance with 21.75” barrel, gotta be some magic in that right? To be honest I just wanted a short barrel.

206CB05F-3CA5-4FA6-9407-524C8395394A.jpeg

E3BE51F9-B3E2-4EB2-B42D-7BF088591EC4.jpeg

I once asked my GS why his prices were so low, he told me it was simple. He'd been doing it for 40 years, owned all his equipment, and had zero overhead. I'm not sure DT can make all those claims. Which doesn't necessarily detract from the quality of his rifle, but certainly helps in explaining his prices as well as many other's in the industry.

And by “not sure”, you slot yourself firmly into the realm of “theory sans evidence”. As in you literally (not figuratively) have NO idea what you’re talking about. Tub has been doing this a long time. He has govt contracts. He clearly isn’t begging people to buy his rifles.

Conrad, great stuff! Any idea what max LOP would be? I'm quite tall at 6'9".

Any other pictures or findings on ergonomics would be appreciated.

I measured about 14.75" and that is leaving the butt stock about half way in the clamping block which I think would still provide adequate clamping force. Would have to play around with that. 2 things though. 1) I'm running a slightly shorter LOP than normal (~1/2" shorter) such that my cheek weld is good on the cheek piece, and I just place the scope a little more forward. This isn't an issue and the rifle is very comfortable in all positions. 2) The Pachmayr recoil pad is very thin, so I would think you could easily gain some additional LOP with a different pad, or a Delrin spacer. That would be an easy fix.

I am running a piece of foam I got off Amazon on the cheek piece. I have a fairly skinny face and while the adjustable cheek piece wasn't maxed out I wanted to make sure I had plenty of elevation if I had a scope mounted higher in the future. The rail is very low profile so you can get scopes low. Additionally, the foam is a little more comfortable primarily because it gives the piece a larger radius, much like my old T2K had, which I liked the feel of better. This will simply be personal preference as everyone is shaped differently, but I found an easy fix for me.

Rifle is adjustable for Cant and cast, and you can also rotate the cheek piece left/right if you desire.

Any idea of what the lock time is in comparison to the old T2K (or maybe some of the other multi cal platforms out there)?

Any idea of what the lock time is in comparison to the old T2K (or maybe some of the other multi cal platforms out there)?
TUBBGUN uses chrome silicon duo firing pin springs with a 70 series aluminum firing pin shaft. Forward portion of the firing pin is 17-4 head.
Firing pin falls .210" to impact with .040" firing pin protrusion through the bolt face. So if you dry fire the rifle the pin falls .250". Firing pin hole through the bolt face is .062" with a .060 firing pin tip. Calculated lock time approaches 2 milliseconds.

I just picked up some 33xc brass on their site :D and sent in an email on availability of the platform in Right hand.
Going to go with the .590 bf so i can do 33xc ,338L and 300nm ,get a 2nd bolt head in .532 for a 300win.

Last edited:
Anybody out there with actual hands on experience with Tubb's new rig? Extremely interested in this setup and any feedback.

With regards to the T2K. Don’t be fooled by the marketing of a “quick change barrel.” Just about all bolt actions have a barrel that screws on and off just like a nut and a bolt. Nothing revolutionary about it. I’m not too familiar with the new Tubb rifle but a screw on barrel is not faster to replace than standard Rem700.
-T

With regards to the T2K. Don’t be fooled by the marketing of a “quick change barrel.” Just about all bolt actions have a barrel that screws on and off just like a nut and a bolt. Nothing revolutionary about it. I’m not too familiar with the new Tubb rifle but a screw on barrel is not faster to replace than standard Rem700.
-T

I think you should get familiar with the ATR and then provide your opinion on how quick change it is. This post seems a bit pre-mature.

hengehold said:

-T

I think you should get familiar with the ATR and then provide your opinion on how quick change it is. This post seems a bit pre-mature.

(y)

Kind of comical reading through this and seeing the negative comments on the rise even when they have no idea as to what it is capable of doing.

Reactions: rancher5