• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Member Link Up Tucson, AZ

kthomas

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 17, 2009
Tucson, AZ
Looks like the wife and I are officially moving to Tucson!

She interviewed in Oregon and Tucson, looks like Tucson won out.

What do we have for shooting ranges and comps in this area? Is it pretty lively for precision rifle shooters?

Welcome to Tucson.
We have quite a few precision rifle matches.

At Tucson rifle club there are midrange (2-3 and 600 yard tactical prone matches. And long range 3,6 and 1000 yard tactical probe matches.

I run a .22 LR PRS style match in NW Tucson at Pima pistol club too.

Then there are centerfire PRS matches we carpool to in Phoenix.

Reactions: rpg777
There's a range by the pima county fair grounds. It goes from I believe 5-300yds. Can't recall the name of it now. Also make sure you go to el guerro canelo on 22nd between craycroft and Wilmot and get you some sonoran dogs. You can thank me later.

There's a range by the pima county fair grounds. It goes from I believe 5-300yds. Can't recall the name of it now. Also make sure you go to el guerro canelo on 22nd between craycroft and Wilmot and get you some sonoran dogs. You can thank me later.
It is South Eastern Regional Park (SERP). It has 5yd to 50yd and 100yd to 200yd. Currently max range is 200yd.

Reactions: mj1995
So far I've only been to the Three Points Rifle Club - it's okay.

Steel out to 550 yards, though the targets are massive.

I'm living up in Fairfield, so that range takes about an hour to get to. Wouldn't mind finding a 100 yard range for load development purposes a little closer to home.

Also, if anyone knows of an ELR spot and wants to go out shooting - let me know. I have a .300NM I would like to stretch out!

Welcome to Tucson.

At Tucson rifle club there are midrange (2-3 and 600 yard tactical prone matches. And long range 3,6 and 1000 yard tactical probe matches.

I might have to get a .22 just for this purpose, sounds fun! Any links to a website for the matches?

Reactions: Jhayesvw

I still need to get a Sonoran dog, it's on the list!

Reactions: mj1995
Has there been any new centerfire PRS or ELR clubs pop up in Tucson?

I live in Phoenix. Right down the road from AZLRPRS club matches at CowTown but I may be moving to Tucson late next year. So I was just checking.

Reactions: kthomas
Tucson rifle club had some mud and long range prone tactical matches going. I’m not sure if they caught on.
I still run the 22LR PRS style match every month in NW Tucson.
Other than that, it’s desert shooting or head to Anthem to shoot at Cowtown (north Phoenix)

Tucson rifle club had some mud and long range prone tactical matches going. I’m not sure if they caught on.
I still run the 22LR PRS style match every month in NW Tucson.
Other than that, it’s desert shooting or head to Anthem to shoot at Cowtown (north Phoenix)

You overlooked my response above.

Welcome to Tucson.

Now that I'm established here and no longer working a shitty International job with shitty schedule, I want to shoot these matches that you speak of. I'm a member of the Tucson Rifle Club, so those "tactical prone" matches are of definite interest to me.

The website for TRC sucks, but I'll check out the calendar for those matches. I'm guessing everything has been on hold for the last couple of months, but once things start back up again I am game. Do you shoot those matches fairly regularly?

I've also been meaning to hit up the Phoenix club matches as well.

I don't have a .22 besides an upper for my KAC SR15, but at some point I need to look into shooting those matches as well.

Reactions: Jhayesvw
Now that I'm established here and no longer working a shitty International job with shitty schedule, I want to shoot these matches that you speak of. I'm a member of the Tucson Rifle Club, so those "tactical prone" matches are of definite interest to me.

The website for TRC sucks, but I'll check out the calendar for those matches. I'm guessing everything has been on hold for the last couple of months, but once things start back up again I am game. Do you shoot those matches fairly regularly?

I've also been meaning to hit up the Phoenix club matches as well.

I don't have a .22 besides an upper for my KAC SR15, but at some point I need to look into shooting those matches as well.

There are shooters who use 22 uppers on their ARs at the match. 2 of them have won overall. I do not regularly shoot the mid and long range prone matches. I don’t find them particularly useful except to check that my wind calls are decent and be sure my dope is correct. They are very valuable for those items. The Mid and long range prone matches are fun but not what I’m currently into shooting.

Flying to Tucson for work over the next 2 weeks. Not bringing any gear with me but I am wondering if there are any "Must Visit" ranges or shops to browse around in.

Thanks

Sorry I missed this.
To me there are no laces that you’ll regret not visiting.

I'm in Safford. We have places in the desert that go to 1600ish yards. Our shooting range goes to 700m.

From Fairfield, Pima Pistol Club is still your closest 100 yd option...