• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Tul 7.62 nato large rifle (kvb762) primers

Ultraman550

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 8, 2011
Utah
Powder Valley has these in stock along with the Berdan Primed so I ordered a few thousand of the ones listed in my title. I've read some people had problems with ignition but apparently the primers weren't seated deeply enough. Has anybody here had any success/failure with them you can share? I'm reloading for .308.

They're fine. The cup is a little thicker, but you'll have no ignition troubles provided they're well seated and you haven't hotrodded your fire control with lightweight springs and/or firing pin.

Never tried LRs, but I've used a metric ton of SR and LP. All of 'em went bang. In SR ES/SD was comparable to Fed match.

Alright cool, thank you guys. They're still available at Powder Valley if anybody needs some large rifle primers.

Never tried LRs, but I've used a metric ton of SR and LP. All of 'em went bang. In SR ES/SD was comparable to Fed match.

Same here as to the "Like Fed Match" performance.

I have used a lot of the Wolf predecessors and found that when I did have an ignition problem it was either due to a headspace issue (My fault, I pushed the shoulders back too far), or they were not seated properly.

They do take a strong thumb to fully seat in some brass. If you have one of the Hornady Hand Priming tools BEWARE!! For some reason their "engineers" decided that the seating punch had to have a large radius on the top edges. This can cause a primer that requires a lot of seating pressure to be damaged because the force is being directed to the center of the primer, not the outer edges like all the other tools with a flat top on the "punch".

I fixed mine by grinding it flat then with the help of a little acetone, removed the loctite seal on the punch adjustment screw (under the punch), adjusting it so it fully seated the Wolf/Tula primers.

For my money the Tula primers are going to have fans and also detractors. Some will try them and find them more than satisfactory and others will adamantly not change what they are using. That's life.