• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Tulsa gun show

Ozarkcop

Private
Minuteman
Mar 19, 2012
Arkansas
Anybody headed to or setting up at the show this weekend? Figure it will be ridiculous but going anyways

When I was a little kid, one of my favorite things was to go with my dad to the Pomona, CA gun show and spend the entire day walking around and looking at everything. I'd always end up coming home with a belly full of beef jerky l, and a new pocketknife.

I went to the Tulsa show two years ago, and was appalled at the prices everyone wanted for everything. The only thing that wasn't overpriced was AR parts, and most of those were of questionable quality.

I can't imagine being able to keep my mouth shut after passing by table after table sporting $300/1K primers and double the going rate gun prices. I'll save myself the three hour drive again this year. Shame.

I used to go every year and always found a few good deals. Passing for a while until the craziness calms down. No sense in me driving a couple hours each way to get hosed on things I can get cheaper online.

Yeah, I live in Rogers. Going to Tulsa for the gun show... that was a huge thing when I was a kid. Some kids went to Disney World, I went to the Tulsa gun show.

Gun shows haven't been what they used to be for going on at least two decades now. There's three general categories of products at gun shows now; 1) Chinese shit, 2) overpriced shit, 3) WTF is that even doing at a gun show shit.

Back in the day (puttin' on my old man voice here) -- it was collectors, hobbyists, makers, and local shops. Local shops weren't just gun shops -- it'd be gun shops, pawn shops, general stores, taxidermists bringing in shit people didn't pay for, all kinds of just cool stuff. Maybe I'm just old and bitter. Fuck everything. Yaup, old and bitter.

I love the Wanenmacher gun show. They do a pretty good job of keeping the trash to a minimum. I'll be skipping the April show due to work but hope I will make to the November show.

Something tells me the pistol braces and 80%'s will be a hot item this weekend.

Yeah, I live in Rogers. Going to Tulsa for the gun show... that was a huge thing when I was a kid. Some kids went to Disney World, I went to the Tulsa gun show.

Gun shows haven't been what they used to be for going on at least two decades now. There's three general categories of products at gun shows now; 1) Chinese shit, 2) overpriced shit, 3) WTF is that even doing at a gun show shit.

Back in the day (puttin' on my old man voice here) -- it was collectors, hobbyists, makers, and local shops. Local shops weren't just gun shops -- it'd be gun shops, pawn shops, general stores, taxidermists bringing in shit people didn't pay for, all kinds of just cool stuff. Maybe I'm just old and bitter. Fuck everything. Yaup, old and bitter.
You missed the "tacti-cool" sections. I haven't been to a gun show in a long time where there were anything like a nice shotgun or even a normal shotgun...all tacti-cool.

I'll be passing this years shows. Hopefully the Covid will be under control by next year. I started going to this show years ago. I went to something like 37 or 38 in a row before missing one due to work. Several of my guns came from those shows.

I've found a lot of deals there. Several sets of plastic parts drawers for $10 each than ended up being RCBS green and contained die parts like seating stems and expander plugs. RCBS loading trays for $1 each. Cast iron Lyman style ingot molds for $2 each. MTM 100 round plastic boxes in discontinued colors for $2 each. Lots of powder and primers over the years.

We discussed taking a travel trailer and camping on the back of the parking lot. Grilling burgers or steak, drink a few beers and shoot Pigeons off the light poles with pellet rifles. But we never did. They have cameras all over now!

• Haha
Reactions: wyliecoyote
Camping in the parking lot and shooting pigeons off the light poles sounds like a good time. I certainly have noticed the decline in quality in the last 20 years. The big Denver gun shows used to be awesome back in the late '90s. $5 would get you an all day pass to more cool stuff than you could even manage to look at. Luckily my Dad took me to a few back in the 80s and I did come home with a new pocket knife and a pellet gun one time. Fun stuff. Even now though, there's some entertainment and comradery to be had.

I've only ever been to 2 shows because friends begged me.

Overpriced garbage and overpriced decent stuff.

Never have figured out why anyone went.