• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Turning off life support

sobrbiker883

Lt. Colonel
Minuteman
Sep 18, 2003
Gilbert AZ
Its a sad day. My father in law has been fighting lung cancer for a while now, and picked up an infection in his legs last week.
Due to his lack of an immune system from chemo the infection was very advanced by the time it was recognized, and has now put him into septic shock with multi organ failure.
We are saying goodbye to him and letting him go this afternoon. The world is losing one of its best today. He was one of the rare ones that was a friend to everyone, even people he didn't like.

If you're the praying type my wife and her family could use them.

Re: Turning off life support

You will pass through this to the light. Be happy for his release, and do what you know he'd want you to do.

Our prayers and hopes go your way.

Greg

Sober, prayers for you and your family are definitely 'included'. Now is a possible time to 'pick up the torch' and continue on, with the positives that this man led with.

(that is NOT a slam, in any way. That would be a compliment)

I'm of the praying type and prayers are heading out for your family and peace for all involved.

Prayers coming your way.

Most sincere condolences...terrible decisions we have to make..

sorbiker, heartfelt condolences to you and your wife and family. It is not easy to let go, but he will be at peace with no more pain and illness.

Prayers for you all bro!

My family will keep your family in our thoughts and prayers, sobr!! May God shine his light upon you all and give you all peace during these difficult times.

Sober my thougths and prayers are with you and your family! I know how tough that is as I just went through that with my Dad in January. It was one of the hardest thing I've ever done. I have tears in my eyes now just thinking and remembering it. I found it helped to talk with family about it and even in such a crappy situation telling stories and remembering the good times created some laughs and helped. I'm pretty sure based on your ability to stay sober all these years that you are a pretty strong guy and that is going to be important for you wife right now. God Bless.

prayer going out to you and yours. my dad went the same way.
Respects,
jeepguy

Thanks folks. Just a crushing blow, we knew the cancer would take him eventually, but to get a f'king infection in his legs!
He went from walking/talking Wed night to radical surgical debridement and intubated on life support in ICU in mulitple organ failure Thurs afternoon....

Man,that is some terrible news Sobr. At least you and the family are able to be by his side for his passing. My thoughts go out to you in this difficult time.

I just got back from my cousins funeral where I didn't realize how many people his life impacted. He was in the resturant business and mentored many people. It sounds like he was a lot like your father. I will pray for you and your family. From what you briefly said about him shows that his life here on earth made a positive difference in people's lives and that is the best legacy he can leave.

Sorry to hear sobrbiker883. I'll be praying for your family.
.....SmokeRolls

Well he had his last rites at 355 and we took him off the blood pressure drugs at 4:00and ventilator at 4:15. Left us for good around 4:25.
Tough situation, but the majority of the family is at peace with his passing. I'm sure it will he tough going, but he'll suffer no more.

Thanks for the wishes and prayers, it means a lot.

Prayers sent. I hope the pain of his loss is quickly outlived by the happiness of his legacy.

Just caught this thread now, my condolences and prayers go out to you and your family.
-Felipe

Prayers sent to you and family. I like some others have been in your shoes in the past. We said the words to the Doctors and your loved one went to a more peaceful place. It sounds easy but it was the hardest thing i have ever done. Feel no shame of guilt for your actions, in time you will understand the reason for your decision and come to terms with it. In my case i know it was the right thing to do. crow hop