• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

TVP 2010 Match Schedule

Re: TVP 2010 Match Schedule

We hope to soon. Weather is getting better and my new mount was sent today and that should complete my gun finally. Will get some preliminary settings then call to arrange a day. We might bring a small army out to get some settings from the benches. Will try for a weekday to not interfere with any matches. Pretty good chance for 5, group rate?
smile.gif

Now I can relate to the relaxed sitting positon and the tripod. All that is needed is an umbrella girl, cool beverage, no wind and lots of hits... making of a perfect day.

I'm using the Berger 140 BT long range but at only about 2525 fps and am anxious to see how it carries on the farther targets.
Dale is using the Lapua 139 Scenars with a tad more velocity.

Goal for this year, hear that distant ring on that mile target.

Might need wind at our back for the added boost but should be possible with our feeble shortsticks.

Topstrap

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: raptorfendercash</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I dont know what he was using but i do know that even the shots that did not hit the plate would make you very uncomfortable at best if you were in the vicinity of the plate.Van also changed my mind on just how accurate an ar platform can be at long range.I had fun.The wheels are turnin. </div></div>

That was fun. It got better once everything got squared away. Thanks for the help. That snow pile didn't stand a chance did it?

Before,I really didn't have the "right" combination with that AR10. I did a change-up on the brass,powder and bullet. The good thing was I went cheaper. I'm lucky I got the right combination. I might not of really seen what it could do. I was ready to sell it. I'm glad I didn't. The rifle as a whole was getting frustrating. It may need a suppressor now.

Tom-

I'm bringing my .300WM too. Nothing left the truck from yesterday. I was having too much fun with the AR. I would like to see how my pop-gun (.223AI) does at 1000 on paper.

van

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tom Sarver</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Our address is 15786 TR 118 Kimbolton Ohio 43749
Web address is thundervalleyprecision.com
Please feel free to call me with questions.
740-502-6530

Tom
TVP </div></div>

Here ya go

Or do you mean how the matches are ran?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Goin'Hot</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TCA4570</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Many use Hornady.
Name your cal.
1200 and under.
More attention to bc.
TC.
</div></div>

I believe the "cal" he is talking about is Toms 260, in which case is most likely using the 142 SMK's. </div></div>

For the .338 vid, he was using Lapua and hit a freacking ribbon on the third shot, @ 2400 hundred yards!
Thank's to Tom, we all have a lot to think about.
Many different .308's and most are using 168 a-max.
Do believe he has a .308 shoot coming up...
Shouldn't be intimidated, if ya got 500. to 600. yard dope.

How many houses up for 950?
Ranch, split or two story?
Little English?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sav338lapua</div><div class="ubbcode-body">and some more pics morte of you guys should have shown up it was a beautiful day to be at thunder valley.

P3072784.jpg

P3072783.jpg
</div></div>

Station two, targets three and four.
670 and 800 right?
Target 2, 882 is partialy hidden.
First target is only kinda the same as the last first one.

Thanks for the great pics.

TC

Shooters,

The 500 yard and under is complete. Three positions, 4 targets each, 12 targets total. Same format as Intimidator. 120 possible points. Course will be a walking course this weekend (if )we shoot it on Sunday. Position to position is easly walkable with gear. 12"x12" steel targets, I do not have the exact distances yet but they range from 200-500..maybe a fuzz further on a couple. Cost for event is $20 for the day. Winner will receive entry fee back. Match start times are 10:00 am. Be here by 9:00 am. to sign up.

Thanks,

Tom
TVP

If i still lived up there I would be up there shooting quite abit.

I have heard how much fun you guys are having up there keep up the good work!

NOMAD,

If you get some free time come shoot with us, we would be glad to have you. Our steel courses are second to none when it comes to a challenging and realistic precision shooting experience.
I'm on a mission to get more former and current Military snipers/precision rifleman to shoot this course. I want to see a very respectable record set at TVP on the Intimidator this season. The range record is 119 out of a possible 160 set by Mark Simpson of NC shooting a .338 Lapua. We are discussiing a money pot to be giving to the range record holder when it's broke and or an end of the season HIGH SCORE..and the ultimate 160 barrier.
Hope to see you in the near future.

Tom
TVP

Tom,

Do you have a schedule for the 2010 season?

Thanks

Shooters,

Our schedule is up on or website. Check it out.. ThunderValleyPrecision.com

Tom
TVP