• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

TVP "Head Hunter" March 26th and 27th

Tom Sarver

Sergeant
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Apr 17, 2007
Coshocton,OH USA
Shooters,

The "Head Hunter" is finally completed. It is a 20 target course of fire. You have ONLY one shot at each target.
There are four positions and five targets at each position.
This is a precision course of fire and shooters will find out just how tough it is to actually hit a head size target on a bad guy..shot for shot. It is a combination of fire teams and snipers and some have "taken" cover due to your fire. You will have 5 minutes per station to engage ALL 5 targets.
Some shots you will see the impact if you miss and some you surely wont. Don't loose your cool or you will not do well.
This is a SKILL game at its finest and only those who can hit all 20 targets shot for shot will earn the elite title of the "Head Hunter". You will be firing from a conceiled position and you will have to work a little to get the shot off accurately.
TVP will be open for practice on Friday but NOT for the Head Hunter. The foward range will be open till ????then it's off to the Intimidator and Short Course only.
We have decided that is all fairness it's best that everyone who attends this weekend gets a fresh look at the new course all at the same time.
After this weekend it becomes a qualifier course to obtain the title and will be shot on certain dates day and night.
Cost for this weekends shoot is $20 per member and $30 non-members.
We will start at 10:00 a.m. SHARP. SATURDAY AND SUNDAY

Here are the distances in yards to the target.

Pos 1.

Pos 2.

Pos 3.

Pos 4.

Get your dope ready and prepair yourself for battle.

Re: TVP "Head Hunter" March 26th and 27th

Sounds good Tom, See ya Saturday

Tom..

I like the concept of the Headhunter..... What is the target size?

6x9! What about those of us with FAT HEADS?

Good news is that all shots are 1 MOA targets or bigger.

Sounds awesome Tom!!

Im in and bringing one friend for sure maybe two.

Tom,

So wishing I lived closer to Ohio... check that... really glad I don't, but wish I could be there.
wink.gif
Sounds like a blast.

John

Tom,
Do we need a spotter or can we come solo? My partner cant make it this weekend. Is it both days or only Saturday?

Yes, this is a SOLO shoot. There will be TVP certified spotter to verify hits. It is both days.

Tom - Would we be able to go prone for everything with a bipod, or will other positions be required? Thanks.

Shooters will be able to shoot prone or with tripods.
Benches are not going to work too well on this one. But tripods and stools will work great. I will have one of each available for folks to use through out the day.

Don't forget to get your chance at a $20 Shark suppressor.

How many tickets are left, Tom?

Hey Tom, I was wondering if you are going to be putting a limit on how many shooters come tomorrow for the Headhunter and if we need to pre register or not? Thanks

We went ahead and made up pages for Tom's awesome COF!! I am sure you guys will be seeing these in his books!!

SSS-TVP-HH-2S.jpg

SSS-TVP-HH-3S.jpg

Nomad.
You going to offer these for the pocket sized book?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: NOMAD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">We went ahead and made up pages for Tom's awesome COF!! I am sure you guys will be seeing these in his books!!

SSS-TVP-HH-2S.jpg

SSS-TVP-HH-3S.jpg

</div></div>

Received my pages in the mail today, great addition and very fast shipping, Thanks Guy's

Tomorrow is going to be an eye opener for many shooters who attend our "Head Hunter" course. But yet at the same time you will appreciate the meaning of the word PRECISION a little more.
I'm very excited to see all the smiles that will appear at the match tomorrow. We are more than certain you will have a good time.
Happy Terminating!

Bring your "A" game shooters, it will be tough and if you do it you will have accomplished something. Tom throw 20 of the stock money in on a suppressor ticket for me if possible.

Sam

Trying to get some type of tripod together that will let us also participate this summer. Looks like a lot of fun.

Topstrap

Can't wait for the match in the AM. Hopefully I hit s couple.

If you haven't seen them yet, this is what we will be shooting tomorrow!

headtarget.jpg

Big Dog Steel is proud to be a part of Tom's new course, the "Head Hunter". After working with Tom, we came up with a design together that should work great and be extremely durable as well. The target and protective plate are 1/2" thick, waterjet cut AR500 steel. The whole unit slips over the top of a 4x4 post.

Looking forward to seeing them all set up, see you all tomorrow!
-Ryan

Big Dog Steel
www.bigdogsteel.com

Those targets look awesome!! Wish I was gonna be able to make it out but .... Anyways good luck to everyone tomorrow. And unfortunatly Stay Warm!!

honestly wished i lived in america, you guys have no idea how lucky ye are to have ranges and competitions like this . absolutely nothing like this goes on over here , not even any unknown distance shoots.

OSUARCHITECT,
How much would one of those cost to the general public?I wouldn't mind having one of those for at home.

That is a bad ass target and I know the COF is going to whoop some ass!!

Enjoy send pics and cant wait to here how everyone does!

So....................... what kind of scores were shot today?

The Headhunter match today was very extreme and cold, but one of the funnest shoots i've ever been to. Like Tom said earlier, it was definitly an eye opener to all the shooter there today, but it was still doable. Can't wait to get out there and try my luck again. Thank you to all the staff that put this amazing course together and for all the helped and advice you gave me today. There is not a group of guys out there that are more helpful and knoledgeable then the guys at TVP.

Thanks again

P.S. I'll have that shirt and trophy by the end of the year!
wink.gif

Guys to keep the surprise factor for the ones shooting today I am not going to post pics until later. But to describe it in one word "BADASS"

The match is a blast. Wish I could have stayed fir the whole thing. I'll be back.

Great day at TVP, large turnout which made it fun. It was really a challenge as the wind made it a little more interesting than just dialing in elevation.
Highest score & top shooter for the day on Saturday (Steve Michniak), hit 15 heads out of 20 total , 1st round hits/headshots only.
I will try to post some video as soon as it uploads to YT.

As seen through 45 power in my spotter.

Untitled00002-06.jpg

Untitled00000-013.jpg

Video1200008-06.jpg

Untitled00000-012.jpg

***HD VIDEO IF YOU SELECT 720P ON TIMER BAR!!!720P LOOKS CLEARER BUT TAKES TWICE AS LONG TO LOAD BUT IS WORTH THE WAIT, IF YOUR IN A HURRY LET IT LOAD AS 360P A LITTLE LESS CLEAR BUT OK. 720P IS BEST WAY TO WATCH THEM . PAUSE IT LET THE LOAD COMPLETE RED BAR FULL THEN WATCH. ***

Video of Stage #4 Head Hunter at Thunder Valley Precision in Coshocton, Ohio. Wayde
[Yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_profilepage&v=U-2ZdllK1EY[/Yt]

Video of Stage #3 Head Hunter at Thunder Valley Precision in Coshocton, Ohio. Big Dog Steel's Ryan smacking steel on stage #3.
[Yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iIm1DrlRwd4&feature=player_detailpage[Yt]

Video of Stage #3 Head Hunter at Thunder Valley Precision in Coshocton, Ohio. Mark
[Yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aSx1BabS2bM&feature=player_detailpage[Yt]

Video of Stage #2 Head Hunter at Thunder Valley Precision in Coshocton, Ohio. Sean
[Yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BD0ZYhukEbw&feature=player_detailpage[Yt]

Video of Stage #2 Head Hunter at Thunder Valley Precision in Coshocton, Ohio. Collin
[Yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ifu_qzohiHY&feature=player_detailpage[Yt]

Video of Stage #1 Head Hunter at Thunder Valley Precision in Coshocton, Ohio. Sean
[Yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CFAlVI21OMY&feature=player_detailpage[Yt]

A few pics from today

kd8kkx.jpg

mh9v5.jpg

favbjn.jpg

Targets in the pines trees
2gy57on.jpg

opvl00.jpg

hu1xli.jpg

Targets in the trees
v2tic5.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Could someone PM not comments here but a PM on how to post a video actually viewable on the hide through youtube not just a link like i have it??? Thank you in advance for the help.</div></div>

..typically:

[Yt]youtube link[/Yt]

delete everything to the left of the = sign INCLUDING the = sign.

But, for some reason your Youtube videos have (2) = signs???
can't help you out there..

by the way....looks like you guys are shooting GHOSTS!!!!
shocked.gif

...hope to make it soon...

That match was a great time. Challenging and well worth your time to shoot. Get on out to tvp and get some head!!!
wink.gif

How was the wind there today , Sunday? Most hits Sunday was?

To me the wind was worse Sunday, changing from shot to shot. Scores were higher on Saturday. Sunday we started the time when you stepped in the shooting area and it helped move things along. Challenging course to say the least.
Loved watching those heads whip back

Tom-

That was a hell of a match. Great job in planning the course of fire. The whole thing is what I pictured years ago,and then some. It has come a long way from setting up bowling pins. That was fun too though. I like that the Headhunter course is not based on a score,time bonus,team participation. Just hits.

I think I would have done better with a different rifle,who knows though. What I do know is,I'm 1/2 a half-assed headhunter with a .260 that shoots well and is quiet. I will need to learn that rifle as well as I knew my .308.I think I made the right choice in going with the .260.

Great Job-

van

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KQguy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">OSUARCHITECT,
How much would one of those cost to the general public?I wouldn't mind having one of those for at home. </div></div>

I will start a thread sometime next week that will offer the headhunter targets up for sale. I need to get one for myself as well. Tom got all of the ones we made!
smile.gif

What was the high score for the sunday headhunter match?

***please watch them in HD VIDEO IF YOU SELECT 720P ON TIMER BAR let it load a few minutes and 720P LOOKS WAYYY CLEARER BUT TAKES TWICE AS LONG TO LOAD BUT IS WORTH THE WAIT, but IF YOUR IN A HURRY LET IT LOAD AS 360P it will be A LITTLE LESS CLEAR BUT OK. 720P IS BEST WAY TO WATCH THEM . While its loading try to PAUSE IT &LET THE LOADING COMPLETE. THEN WATCH. ***

Video of Stage #4 Head Hunter at Thunder Valley Precision in Coshocton, Ohio. Wayde
[Yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_profilepage&v=U-2ZdllK1EY[/Yt]

Video of Stage #3 Head Hunter at Thunder Valley Precision in Coshocton, Ohio. Big Dog Steel's Ryan smacking steel on stage #3.
[Yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iIm1DrlRwd4&feature=player_detailpage[Yt]

Video of Stage #3 Head Hunter at Thunder Valley Precision in Coshocton, Ohio. Mark
[Yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aSx1BabS2bM&feature=player_detailpage[Yt]

Video of Stage #2 Head Hunter at Thunder Valley Precision in Coshocton, Ohio. Sean
[Yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BD0ZYhukEbw&feature=player_detailpage[Yt]

Video of Stage #2 Head Hunter at Thunder Valley Precision in Coshocton, Ohio. Collin
[Yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ifu_qzohiHY&feature=player_detailpage[Yt]

Video of Stage #1 Head Hunter at Thunder Valley Precision in Coshocton, Ohio. Sean
[Yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CFAlVI21OMY&feature=player_detailpage[Yt]

A man and his creation....

My hat is off to both Ryan and Tom for coming up with a great target...

And to Tom, for dreaming up this course of fire.. It's going to challenge and humble the best of shooter's....

headhunter.jpg

Is this a sub-magnum course only? Sure sounds like fun, Im in for the night shoot! Got myself a lit reticle now...even though I scored highest in the first ever TVP night shoot and I was the only dumbass without a lit reticle at the time!
smile.gif