• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

TVP July Shoot Schedule

Tom Sarver

Sergeant
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Apr 17, 2007
Coshocton,OH USA
Shooters,

Here are our July shoot dates.

7-3 1000 yard IBS
7-4 600 yard IBS
7-10 Short Course/One shot (one complete match followed by a one shot match.
7-11 Intimidator/One Shot (same as above)
7-17 Intimidator Double
7-18 Short Course Double
7-24 Intimidator Day/Nite Shoot (details soon)
7-25 Short Course
7-31 Newbe Training Day
8-1 Intimidator/One Shot (same as above)

Thanks,
Tom
TVP

Re: TVP July Shoot Schedule

Another Newbie Day count me in, someone else is in charge of the food.

Looks like a fun schedule

Since it's somewhat of a double on the 11th, will we start at 8:30?

Tom- Francis and I had such a great time at the last newb day that my dad wants to come out for the one in July.

Is there a single slot open still? I would be more than happy to come out and assist with the day however you need support. I'll be shooting the Aug 1st match.

Cain't wait!

Lets hope the weather "chills out" a little, this 95+ degree stuff with severe thunderstorms almost every day is already getting old and it is only June!

Thought we might end up in OZ camping out after the last Newbe shoot when that storm came through Sat night. Nothing like getting up in the morning and seeing how the roof over the shooting points had moved about 1" at the bottom of the posts!

Hope to see everyone sooner than latter,
M Richardson

Sign me up. Will be attending with a friend.

Can't wait.

The only Intimidator matches that start at 8:30 are doubles.
I think we will try and shoot the Intimidator and ONE SHOT match together the first time at regular start time of 10:00

Tom
TVP

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tom Sarver</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The only Intimidator matches that start at 8:30 are doubles.
I think we will try and shoot the Intimidator and ONE SHOT match together the first time at regular start time of 10:00

Tom
TVP </div></div>
So 10:00 will be the start time on the 11th? Match fee for the day? How will that work ... all teams shoot regular Intimidator stage and then shoot the 1 shot kill match while on the same station? That should save a lot of loading and unloading. How does the 1 shot match work? I remember it's timed and 10 points per hit, but that is all. Did you get any shirts yet?

I was one of the shooters the first time the One Shot match was shot. I had fun. The match was fast paced. There was no restrictions on the time. The time started at zero. The teams averaged two minutes +/- for eight targets. We found time was no big issue. The match moved quickly.

What I would do different from what we did originally-

After we completed the Intimidator match,start the One Shot from positition 4 and work back to position 1. The matches should remain seperate and shot seperately. In my opinion the matches could start at 10:00 easily.

van

Chicken If I were you I would PM or call Tom, his contact info is posted on the newbie thread from last month.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tom Sarver</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The only Intimidator matches that start at 8:30 are doubles.

Tom
TVP </div></div>

Oh! Ok, well that sounds better then. I wasn't really looking forward to having to leave at 4:30 for every match in July.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: stovetop357</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tom Sarver</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The only Intimidator matches that start at 8:30 are doubles.

Tom
TVP </div></div>

Oh! Ok, well that sounds better then. I wasn't really looking forward to having to leave at 4:30 for every match in July. </div></div>

But you would have
wink.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Breeze67</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: stovetop357</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tom Sarver</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The only Intimidator matches that start at 8:30 are doubles.

Tom
TVP </div></div>

Oh! Ok, well that sounds better then. I wasn't really looking forward to having to leave at 4:30 for every match in July. </div></div>

But you would have
wink.gif

</div></div>

You're probably right, but I wouldn't like very much and would probably be grouchy towards you.....
smile.gif

Hey Tom are you planning on having any suppressor only shoots coming up? I think I'm finally done working now so maybe I can make it to a match of two.

Thanks, FM

By the way the one shot match sounds like a hell of a lot of fun that should really should one think to make every shot count. Good idea!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: firemarshall27</div><div class="ubbcode-body">By the way the one shot match sounds like a hell of a lot of fun that should really should one think to make every shot count. Good idea! </div></div>

Shouldn't you strive for one shot everytime you're there?

Seems like everyone has forgot about 5k on the line at EVERY Intimadator match.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Goin'Hot</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: firemarshall27</div><div class="ubbcode-body">By the way the one shot match sounds like a hell of a lot of fun that should really should one think to make every shot count. Good idea! </div></div>

Shouldn't you strive for one shot everytime you're there?

Seems like everyone has forgot about 5k on the line at EVERY Intimadator match. </div></div>

Should you YES I agree do we No why because you have three shots knowing you only have one shot in your mind I think personaly it would make one take a little extra time to make that one shot count. But im not speaking for everyone just myself. And to be honest yea I did forget about the 5k for a perfect round but hey I dont have to worrie about that cause im always to damn busy to make it to any shoots anymore (which sucks) danm travel softball...
frown.gif
Ill be there in July though sometime.
smile.gif

FM,

I have some dates posted on our schedule (front page of website)..only page lol..for now. But no one has showed any interest yet. I'm very interested in doing one. Let me know.

Tom
TVP

OK I'm still a newbe Whats IBS stand for and whats this about 5K for cleaning the intimidator? Do you have to be a member to shoot any of the reg. scheduled shoots or just show up with the $$$?

IBS is bechrest paper.(their rules)
You can show up and shoot without being a member, but get no points towards the IBS shoots.
Some just come and pay for practice targets, and shoot.
Saturday is 1000 and Sunday is 600.
I saw some guy's do that for practice for Perry last year.

Three shot match, you put your best dope in for the first shot, but know your spotter will give you a corection for five points.

One shot match you need to work together even more!
Knowing your partners gun really comes into play.
He needs to be the one to hit the target with one shot, that you just missed.
If you hit, you better be setting up for the next one.
Set gun for the first target, and memorize the rest for that station.
No time for log, and four position changes, by teams has been done in under two min.
We did it with a .308 and a Hulk.
By target three, heartbeat is coming into play, bigtime!

We have a few weeks to figure out food.
See you this weekend.

TC

Hey Tom!

I have a couple guys that are dyin to come!

We'll definately be there!!

(Had a GREAT TIME at the first one so I'll be there just to help out!)

Lookin forward to it!
Don

Sounds like a lot of the new guy's had fun!
You Have some buddies, that think it sounds like fun too!
We have five weeks to figure out things.

TC

Hey guys, don't forget Tom holds matches every weekend. You don't need to wait for the free days to come out, learn something AND have a good time.

They'll be shooting a double short on Sunday. If you're really game, show up Saturday for the double intimidator.

He is right. This is a great place to shoot and learn, every one I met there was very helpful and good to talk with. Lots of fun and GREAT info here. You really should stop out for any match. You will have a great time

36 is for one time through, 12 targets up to 3 shots per target.
Short Course/One shot (one complete match followed by a one shot match) You would need a max of 48 rounds

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tom Sarver</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Shooters,

We will be shooting the Intimidator Saturday July 3rd and the Short Course July 4th at the regular scheduled time of 10:00 a.m. for both.

We will not be shooting IBS matches for the remainder of the 2010 shooting season.

Tom
TVP
</div></div>

In case you missed it

I'm plannning on making it out there this Wednesday for a practice shoot and maybe gather some of my gear I seem to be leaving behind.

Anyone else gonna be there?

We will be shooting the Intimidator this Wednesday for practice and dope settings at 5:00 p.m. sharp. Be here by 4:50 p.m. at the latest please.

Tom
TVP

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tom Sarver</div><div class="ubbcode-body">We will be shooting the Intimidator this Wednesday for practice and dope settings at 5:00 p.m. sharp. Be here by 4:50 p.m. at the latest please.

Tom
TVP </div></div>

I'll be there.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tom Sarver</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Shooters,

Here are our July shoot dates.

7-3 1000 yard IBS
7-4 600 yard IBS
7-10 Short Course/One shot (one complete match followed by a one shot match.
7-11 Intimidator/One Shot (same as above)
7-17 Intimidator Double
7-18 Short Course Double
7-24 Intimidator Day/Nite Shoot (details soon)
7-25 Short Course
7-31 Newbe Training Day
8-1 Intimidator/One Shot (same as above)

Thanks,
Tom
TVP </div></div>

The schedule on the front page of the website and the one you posted here are different. Which one is correct?

Thanks!

The schedule post here is correct. Check back often or call Tom to make sure the shoot you want to attend is still on.

Tom,

Are the Short Course matches going to be shot in teams now? I think it is a really good practice for the intimidator.

Getting a little mixed up with some of the earlier posts, what time do the matches start this weekend?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Breeze67</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Getting a little mixed up with some of the earlier posts, what time do the matches start this weekend?

</div></div>

They should start at 10am. The only ones starting at 8:30 are the Double Intimidators.

Thanks But I just got off the phone with Tom and <span style="font-weight: bold">ALL</span> matches will be starting at 10:00
Should help you out a little there Heat.

Hope to see a couple of you guys out there tomorrow evening for a practice round.