• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

TVP July Shoot Schedule

Re: TVP July Shoot Schedule

Ill be there for the short course ,its me and 1 other member Eric from last time, oh and my lil guy/cameraman again if thats ok with you Tom?

chooter, if no response from shooters, check Woodbury Outfitters in Coshocton.

Would you like me to check the Fin on my way down?
It is only a couple miles away when I come down.
Anything else?
Usually stop to buy, not shop.
I'll call them later to see.

Is there a certain procedure for signing up for the newbie day? I may be able to swing this one and may have one other along.

Can people camp like last time?

opeagle

Tom told me he was going to start a new thread like last time for the newbie day. I will remind him this weekend

Got it
Quick question. Is a 2.5-10 IOR enough optic for that day?

Couple of questions

How exactly does one get to TVP? Tell me from the junction of I-70 and I-77 please.

What exactly is the short course? The Intimidator?

First exit past Zanesville take HWY 93 north. Go approx 23 miles, look for HWY 662(on your right) and take Next right on county road 145. When the road T's turn left go about 1-200 yards and you are there.

The short course has 12 targets up to 550 yards(3 shots at each). Intimidator has 16 targets up to 1165 yards(one bonus at 1640) again three shots at each.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: opeagle</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Got it
Quick question. Is a 2.5-10 IOR enough optic for that day? </div></div>

Plenty of guys shoot the long course with a fixed 10x scope. The big concern will be not magnification, but how much elevation adjustment you have in the scope.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: opeagle</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Got it

Yes I and a few others shoot it with a straight 10 power

For the 17th/18th weekend or 31st/1st weekend do we have to have shooting partners/spotters?

My partner is busy.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: brasscow</div><div class="ubbcode-body">For the 17th/18th weekend or 31st/1st weekend do we have to have shooting partners/spotters?

My partner is busy. </div></div>

You'll get paired up when you get there if you don't have a partner.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Breeze67</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: opeagle</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Got it

Yes I and a few others shoot it with a straight 10 power

</div></div>

Probably enough for 1K, but I don't know for sure. It's on a Badger 20 degree rail. I will look later but there aren't many clicks below my 100 yard zero.

ETA: Both my buddy and I are shooting 168 Fed GMM, so I don't know how long of a shot that is good for.

opeagle

You should be fine. I was shooting 168's and know a few that are still shooting them.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: brasscow</div><div class="ubbcode-body">For the 17th/18th weekend or 31st/1st weekend do we have to have shooting partners/spotters?

My partner is busy. </div></div>

If you are an experienced shooter the 17th/18th weekend would be better. 31st is supposed to be a newbie shoot( new to long range shooting)
see there

While I am not new to shooting at all, I am new enough to long range shooting. And smart enough to know to start at the beginning.
Advanced skills are just basics mastered or something like that.
I will go back later and read the last newbie thread but anything folks can pass on will be appreciated.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: opeagle</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Is there a certain procedure for signing up for the newbie day? I may be able to swing this one and may have one other along.

Can people camp like last time? </div></div>

Probably same as last time

Newbies need to go to Tom.

His house, His rules.
(We just help)

Like to have Buddies together.

..gonna try and make it on Sunday....can you post the ranges for the Intimidator.

I think that there are a couple of positions where the ranges were different then what was posted originally.

Thanks!

Tom,

Thank-you for another great weekend of shooting!
I was one shot away from tying my personal best this afternoon.
Although there was no time limit on the one shot match, we had three teams finish three seconds apart on one station!
Fun weekend of shooting with you all.

A pair of 117's were shot today. Sniffin the course record.

Perfect day for shootin if ya had a good functioning rifle.

If the weathers nice, we'll see ya again on Wednesday.

Thanks to Tom and everyone shooting for another great weekend, as always a whole lot of learning took place!

Without a doubt it was a great weekend for shooting, a little on the warm side, but for TVP the wind conditions were some of the best that I have seen.

IMHO, if you are within 4-6 hours of TVP, then you really need to get in the car and head there for an outstanding weekend. The range/courses of fire are outstanding, a beginner can shoot them and learn from them, and a veteran will easily be challenged by them. The shooters are all friendly, willing to share what they can, and it is a great "no pressure / no hype" shooting environment.

Thanks again, can't wait to make it back for the next one!
M Richardson

Wade, any chance that you could post a link to the pictures that you have for the 4 positions of the Intimidator?

I did a bunch of searching but could only find the one that you posted for Position 1.

Me & my shooting partner need to work on our target familiarization, so that we can try to pick up some speed. It was my second time shooting the course, and his first time shooting the course, so finding everything took longer than it should have.

Time limit cost me the course record on Station #1, if we would have not gone over the 8 minute limit, I would have had a 127 instead of a 117, I hit the 4th target on the first shot but it was over the time limit so the 10 points did not count!

Oh well there is always next time! Shooting at TVP is worse than taking a hit off of a Crack Pipe, all jacked up and can’t wait for more!

Thanks, best of luck to everyone,
M Richardson

Heres a couple shots looking behind station 4. I took these on a Wed evening shoot.

2010-07-07205712.jpg

2010-07-07204738.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Breeze67</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Damn that phone takes good pictures
</div></div>

Damn your mouth makes nice compliments

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: brasscow</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Breeze67</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
</div></div>

Damn your mouth makes nice compliments </div></div>

Um, fingers maybe?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: brasscow</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Breeze67</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
</div></div>

Damn your mouth makes nice compliments </div></div>

Brasscow are you going to make it over this weekend?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Breeze67</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Mike check your email
</div></div>

Got it!

Thanks to everyone for the pics, we now have some "homework" to get busy on.

Stay safe, shoot straight,
M Richardson

Brasscow are you going to make it over this weekend?
</div></div>

I'm not sure. It's a 9 hour drive and work is going to make things almost impossible. I've set my sights on an alternative only 2hrs from my GFs house (6hrs from mine). I'll be working day and nights to try to make it to the TVP shoot though. I likely won't know until Friday, but I'll post if I'm headed that way. The sad thing is I have only been behind a rifle twice in the last 7 months for a total of 34 rounds downrange.

Actually a couple of questions...

What time will it likely be "over" on Sunday?
What round-count should I have figured for each day?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Goin'Hot</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Um, fingers maybe?</div></div>

Haha... It's an old photographer's saying. We generally think it's funny that people give the compliment to the equipment and not the person running it (kind of like in long range shooting). "Nice camera, bet it takes great photos". I always liked the return compliment about their mouth making nice compliments
wink.gif

Round count for Saturday is 102 max Sunday 72 max and as far as when it will end Sunday will depend on how many show up but I would guess around 3:00
It is worth the drive (to me anyway) Keep us informed

I'm sure it's worth the drive. I just decapped and sized a bunch of once fired lapua brass... I'm going to be ready in case the opportunity presents itself.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Goin'Hot</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Heres a couple shots looking behind station 4. I took these on a Wed evening shoot.

2010-07-07205712.jpg

2010-07-07204738.jpg
</div></div>

I have spent a lot of time in that spot. It is one of my favorites.

The Intimidator/One Shot match worked well last Sunday. I'm sure Tom is still smiling from the hit at 1650. That was badass.

117,that is my number to break too. I'm sure somebody will be doing it sooner than later.

The Wednesday evening practice starts at 5:00. It is relaxed and at a slower pace. We either do the Intimidator or the short course. It depends on what the shooters want,when they show.

van

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: van</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The Wednesday evening practice starts at 6:00. It is relaxed and at a slower pace. We either do the Intimidator or the short course. It depends on what the shooters want,when they show.

van

</div></div>

I thought the desired start time was 5 pm and Tom asks for people to arrive by 4:50 if at all possible?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Goin'Hot</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: van</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The Wednesday evening practice starts at 6:00. It is relaxed and at a slower pace. We either do the Intimidator or the short course. It depends on what the shooters want,when they show.

van

</div></div>

I thought the desired start time was 5 pm and Tom asks for people to arrive by 4:50 if at all possible?</div></div>

As much as I hate to admit it,you're correct. 5:00 is the start time. I was having a discussion with my wife and not paying attention to my typing. I will change my post.

Thanks-

van

Wish we did not live 4 hours away, pretty much makes it impossible to make it there for the practices on Weds.

Any chance that you guys could do a practice run on a Friday evening? I could justify taking some time off on Friday and making it a "long weekend".

We made it up last Friday evening and Tom let us shoot on the main range, but it is not the same as going out on the positions and shooting with the different wind conditions and angles.

Don't get me wrong, we greatly appreciate the opportunities that we have been given, we don't get anything like it around where we live. We can also understand that there is only so many hours in the day, and I am sure Tom and everyone has most of them filled up.

Looking forward to the next Short Course / Intimidator / One Shot Match in August!
M Richardson

Can someone please provide directions to TVP for someone coming from the Dayton area? Is there a phone at the range in case one gets lost?

I've entered the address from the website and Mapquest does not recognize it.

Haven't tried on my GPS yet, though.

For those that asked I am planning on making it Saturday and Sunday. I won't know for sure until I'm on the road, but I'll post if/when I'm on my way.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: proneshooter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Can someone please provide directions to TVP for someone coming from the Dayton area? Is there a phone at the range in case one gets lost?

I've entered the address from the website and Mapquest does not recognize it.

Haven't tried on my GPS yet, though. </div></div>

As far as I know, this map centers on the TVP property.

http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&ll=4...mp;t=h&z=17

First exit past Zanesville take HWY 93 north. Go approx 23 miles, look for HWY 662(on your right) and take Next right on county road 145. When the road T's turn left go about 1-200 yards and you are there.

The short course has 12 targets up to 550 yards(3 shots at each). Intimidator has 16 targets up to 1165 yards(one bonus at 1640) again three shots at each.

Ohio 93 may still be closed so take rt83 north. It will merge with 93and stay on 93. Look for rt 662 and take the next right(county 145).