• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

TVP Newbe Shoot/Training Day July 31st

Tom Sarver

Sergeant
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Apr 17, 2007
Coshocton,OH USA
Shooters,

Sorry for the delay is posting info about our next Newbe Shoot. I've been a little busy to say the least.
After the last Newbe shoot I had LOTS of PM's and e-mails about doing it again, so obviously we chose to do so at your request.
We will be excepting 20 shooters max for this event.
I was going to ask for paid pre-registration but ran out of time so IF you know for sure your coming I will take your word that you are. Next time I will give ample time for everyone to send it in.
The event will start at 8:30 a.m. please arrive to TVP no later than 7:30 a.m. if you need to zero and chronograph.
After we chronograph we will have safety meeting and proceed to position ONE of the "Intimidator". We will shoot the entire course. We will split up 10 and 10. Ten to position one and ten to position two. TVP instructors will assist in your every need. We will keep time but be lenient on it. You will be given range cards with ranges on it to speed things up. Maybe even a picture of where targets are..hint hint..Wayde.
You will need..
Scoped rifle capable of two MOA..one is good.
20 MOA base..15 moa should be good too.
Shooting mat
Ears
Eyes
Rear bag/bags
100-200 rounds of ammo
Pack or range bag to carry everything you need
Note book/data book
Pen/pencil is better--mechanical
Sunblock
Hat
Clothing suited to prone shooting/tactical/hunting
Bipod
and most of all..a POSITIVE attitude. And no arguing with the instructors...especially me. If you think you know more than me then I will sit back and let you instruct while get a suntan and watch over you. This has arose from incidents from our last Newbe shoot so don't take it personnal.
Cost for Newbe shoot is $30.00 members and $40.00 non-members.
If you tell me your coming, I'm assuming you are and will turn number 21 away till next time.
I will be in contact with those of you who have already signed up. We still need about 10 shooters.

Thanks,
Tom
TVP

Re: TVP Newbe Shoot/Training Day July 31st

Tom,

Count me in for sure this time. I felt bad about missing your last one. I'll send you a PM with my contact info.

Peter

Already signed up,will be there before 7:30am to chrono.
Matt

Looks like I will not be able to make it after all.
mad.gif

Tom set this up for you guy's.
Some of us just think this is fun.
Your instructors are fellow shooters, just wanting to help.
Where else can you shoot from 176 to over a mile?

We can't wait to meet more newbies.
You can learn more in one day, if you only ask.

Great time, at any price.

TC

Dang, 8:30 start makes it a no go for me.

Wish this was around when I started: if you're interested in long distance, or looking to hit more groundhogs, take advantage of this course.

First time I shot TVP, I learned more in a day than all the time I spent at Camp Perry. And that was a regular match day..

-Chris

Tom, Sorry if I'm being repetative, sent you an email confirming myself, my son and a partner. just making sure we're in. See you 31 July.

C Earley
J Earley
B Decker

Bushmaster,

Sorry you couldn't make it last time.
Can't wait to meet you this time with some buddies.
This will be a fun time for all.

I bumped the last time to help with questions.
Any more, just ask.

See you then.

Glen
Bushmaster was there last time...His son and shooting partner couldn't make it last time

I would like to make it up for Sat & Sun, but I don't wan't to bump a first time shooter on Sat. If you have a slot left open, please count me in, if not no problem.

I can also help out however you need on Sat, I can bring my chrono, and can work with new shooters on zeros and dope if you need another person.

Just let me know how the numbers work out.

Thanks,
M Richardson

I just saw that TVP also has Friday practice. Would it be possible to come down on Friday to practice and then follow up on Saturday?

If your referring to before you shoot on newbie day I would call Tom
But as for any other Friday
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tom Sarver</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Shooters,

Practice days are available Wednesdays at 5:00 p.m. and now Fridays at 5:00 p.m.
Friday is good for shooters who are traveling from out of town and want to camp over night and practice till dark..and utilize what they've learned the following day on the long or short course.

Tom
TVP </div></div>

Any idea what the count is up to for newbies on Sat? I know Tom has capped it at 20 this time around, just curious where we are on that.

bohem-

I have an idea as to the reason for the cutoff at 20. Time.

With a round count of 100-200,those that do attend should plan on doing some shooting. I think 20 is a good number. Ten would be even better for instruction.

van

bohem-

I must of read your post wrong. I have no idea how many are signed up.

van

Tom,
IF I can swing it I will be there if you're not book up yet. I could use the help.

Sam

Anyone hear any updates?

Wondering if there are 20 new shooters signed up?

I plan on making the trip whether I shoot on Sat or not, but if there are openings left, then I might look for someone else to tag along.

Thanks, see everyone soon,
M Richardson

Why does everyone want to jump in to make 20? If we only have 14 or 16 that just means we can take our time and make sure they learn something. Its not like if there's not 20 we can't train.
Chill out its a NEWBIE DAY

I know the schedule for next month isn't posted yet but is there going to be a newbie day next month?

I can't do this one cause both my dad and I are still waiting on our NF scopes and his GAP hasn't shipped yet.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tom Sarver</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Shooters,

..... We still need about 10 shooters.

Thanks,
Tom
TVP</div></div>

That was my basis for trying to make sure that there were 20 Shooters, sorry if I misread that in some way.

Having been at the last "Newbee Shoot" and spending around 2 hours at each firing point, I can appreciate that “more is not necessarily merrier”.

Seeing how the shooters are going to be split into 2 separate groups this time, I figured the "time issues" would ease, and it would be pretty easy to handle the 20 shooters that Tom was looking for.

I am the "new kid on the block", so I am just along for the ride, and trying to help out however I can. If I need to stay out of the mix on the "Newbee Weekends", not a problem.

Thanks,
M Richardson

Everyone is welcome.
I have three openings left and If they are not filled by Wednesday I will take whoever wants to attend and help to make it 20 total. 20 is the number I want to solve two issues. One is to see how the two postions at a time is going to work and two is obvious reasons. Got to keep the lights on!
I will get the August schedule posted this week. Scheduling is not as easy as it seems. There is a lot I have to coordinate so as not to have to cancel something later a shooter may have planned for so I dont like to do that. Please be patient with us.

Thanks,
Tom
TVP

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TimResin</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I know the schedule for next month isn't posted yet but is there going to be a newbie day next month?

I can't do this one cause both my dad and I are still waiting on our NF scopes and his GAP hasn't shipped yet. </div></div>

I know all the new shooters want to attend a "newbie day" but, plan on making it out to any one of Tom's shoots. Tom still gives instructions to new guys on match days and the rest of the shooters are more than willing to help.

I was NERVOUS at the first shoot I went to at TVP but, I went and shot. I learned more in one match (thanks to Tom and the rest of the shooters) than I've picked up on ANY internet site in a year.

Come on out, shoot and enjoy the day. I've never met a nicer bunch of guys than you're gonna meet at one of these shoots.

I'll try to get some more sleep before Friday so I'm not so grumpy, getting up at 3:30 must be catching up with me. See everyone Friday

..if all things go well tomorrow at work....looks like I'll be making the practice Wednesday session tomorrow!!

I would have liked to have made the 2nd Newbie shoot....going to the in-laws this weekend.....

as others have said.....learning is the name of the game...after each and every shot fired downrange...

..one thing that impresses me the most....you get to TVP....setup on Target #1 at Station #1...everyone checks in their EGO at the door....

..I used to competitive 3D bow shoot.....this is similar in some respects and yet vastly different in others...

similar stress levels...

dissimilar in that you will NOT find a more LIKE-MINDED group of shooters anywhere...willing to help anyone and give constructive advice where necessary..

shooting any type of weapon or discipline...

Is anyone camping Friday night?
I am just wondering who else

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Breeze67</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Is anyone camping Friday night?
I am just wondering who else </div></div>

I'm not sure what I'm doing. I'll definitely be shooting Friday since I picked up the rifle last night(oh the ironic timing of getting my rifle back from Short Action Customs, bitchin work btw). I'm leaning towards heading home then coming back Sunday morning, but I'd be game for hitting town for dinner if you guys wanted.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Breeze67</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Is anyone camping Friday night?
I am just wondering who else </div></div>

I'll be there again!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tom Sarver</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Calm down Francis...lol

Tom
TVP </div></div>

I was going to roll this out and hand a target range card out to everyone with this on the back, but since my car is not looking like it'll be fixed this week I suppose I can let the cat outta the bag now.

lightenup_francis.jpg

I have six openings left for the newbe shoot. I actually have 18 shooters signed up, but a few of them may have issues that may cause them not to be able to come at the last minute.
So, if anyone knows someone who wants to take their place let me know. We can handle a few more without a problem if they can or decide to show. We are experimenting with a new plan so it would help us out.

See you Saturday!

Tom
TVP

Can't make it Fri night/Saturday, although I'd like to. Planning on Sunday, but I have to find time for a proper ladder test on new 308 load.

If you guys hit the town, say hi to the coshocton girls for me..

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tom Sarver</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have six openings left for the newbe shoot. I actually have 18 shooters signed up, but a few of them may have issues that may cause them not to be able to come at the last minute.
So, if anyone knows someone who wants to take their place let me know. We can handle a few more without a problem if they can or decide to show. We are experimenting with a new plan so it would help us out.

See you Saturday!

Tom

I have a couple of possibles...I'm workin on them!! AND, they want to do it, just prior commitments that they may not be able to get out of.

One way or the other, I will be there!! (Friday afternoon/evening!!) I'll be available to help out if there's anything I can do.

Don

TVP </div></div>

Tom and Crew
Great day of shooting met some good people also. Making that 1165 on the first round made the whole day for me.

ST

A big Thanks to Tom and his Crew! It was a great time,wish I could have stayed for the open range time that evening.Learned a good deal of valuable information guys! You will be seeing more of me at the range.
Matt

A very big thanks to Tom and the guys. Everyone was great and the course was awesome to shoot. I had a blast and will definitely be back for more.
grin.gif

To all the Shooters that came to the "newbie shoot" I hope you had a good day and learned something. I enjoyed it and never fired a shot, hope to see you again.

2002r2a.jpg

21j3bkg.jpg

1zbqxky.jpg

nygqj8.jpg

s6mz50.jpg

2dk9zcm.jpg

2w3ny9t.jpg

nc93d.jpg

fdbnk4.jpg

2dtceaf.jpg

I'll post more tomorrow

Thanks,

To all the shooters who showed up this weekend to attend our second Newbe training day. This was a GREAT group of guys, very easy to teach. Everyone listened and did well..after position one..lol. It was great to see everyone progress through the day.
Thanks to my staff for hanging in there with me to get the job done...I know I was tired at the end of the day. It was a great day at TVP and I think we "hooked" some new shooters.

Thanks again,
Tom
TVP

Looks like another fantastic weekend, I'm very disappointed that I couldn't make it.

I will be there this coming weekend though, come hell or high water...

A few more

21nfkic.jpg

2h4j47l.jpg

2copf91.jpg

A few had to leave before we got the photo

20879eu.jpg