• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Twisted Leupold FFP

Hammer47

Private
Minuteman
Dec 23, 2002
Friend offered me a 6.5X20 VXIII scope for the price of a short time in Taiwan. Needless to say I am the new owner. Really did not check it out too close as he said it would not hold zero so I figured I would return it in the winter for a rebuild but then I noticed it had a faded gold sticker on the rear
eyepiece and knew it to be a Premier Reticule sticker. Has a 1/2 minute dot which I know is custom and the 20X is more powerful that a conventional 20X so I am certain of a power boost however there is no extender on the rear eyepiece and the eyepiece is screwed toward the forward position, not the rear as one would expect from a "bumped" scope..very strange BUT HERE IS THE KICKER, after mounting and zero I notice that the dot reticule just fits into a 1/2 inch white bull at 100 yds with just one RCH of a little white ring around it so it is just on the small side of a 1/2 inch dot reticule HOWEVER as the power ring goes from 10 [the smallest power it will rotate to] to 20X THE DOT AND THE TARGET BOTH GROW AT THE SAME RATE. This tells me it must be a FFP scope. Did Premier do a SFP to FFP conversion? I never heard of it and why does the power ring only go down to 10 not to 6.5? I am just not scope smart enough for this one so I welcome the intel from the scope wise members. Many thanx......gary

the way I understand Leupolds warranty on the Premier modded scopes is that when you send it in you will get it back however it was when it was made new,,anything Premier did will be taken off and it will be returned to its original state,,,at least that is what they told me when I was considering buying a boosted 36X,