• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Two Thumbs up to Athlon!

Vodoun daVinci

Old Salt
Minuteman
  • Dec 17, 2017
    Been running an Athlon Argos BTR10-40X56 (puchased from Doug at Camera Land New York!) getting onto two years and last range session I noticed I could not get parallax/focus set past 200 yards. I *love* this scope and was disappointed *but* now I got the chance to check out their warranty and CS and holly shit was I impressed. I sent a heads up to Athlon Warranty Support and got a near instant reply from Sydney Thompson on their team....filled out and printed the paperwork and shipped it - within minutes of it's having been tracked and signed for at Athlon in Kansas I had a confirmation email.

They evaluated the scope and decided it had failed it's focus/parallax adjustment and decided to replace it, not repair. They replaced it with a Gen 2 NIB and holy shit the turrets on the upgrade are fabulous...they say that the glass has not been improved but I swear the last Gen 1 scope was "OK" in the glass department with a fair amount of CA at max magnification and this one has better contrast and brightness than my comparably priced Vortex Crossfire II and barely a hint of CA at max magnification. The new turrets are super clicky in their detents and it has a zero stop that when it engages you can feel and hear it lock.

AthlonnGen2.jpg

I am now officially an Athlon Whore for Life. Rarely have I seen such customer service and attention to getting me back up and running and *I'm* a Customer Service/Field Service rep for 40+ years!! Super kudos and thanks to Athlon and a reminder that you can buy Athlon with total confidence in their CS and Warranty repair/replace.

VooDoo

Last edited:
    Similar experience here, just last week I shipped back an Argos BTR 6-24x because I was unsatisfied with the focus/clarity >100 yards and >10x power. In a total of 9 days starting from when I mailed it back, I had a brand new scope (Gen2 even) on my doorstep. Paperwork said that the original scope failed focus test, boom send new replacement.

throughout also, I got very timely email updates from Athlon on the status and process. Very satisfied. And the Gen2 Argos BTR is very nice. I’m exceedingly satisfied with the new scope’s quality.

On the other side of the coin.... I shipped back a known broken Bushnell (piece inside was visibly rattling around inside after 2nd shot with .223) on the same day as the Athlon, was delivered to them the same day, and i have yet to hear a thing from Bushnell yet.

It's massively refreshing to own a piece of equipment that is supported this way by the manufacturer. It 's easy when it's all fine and dandy but when something breaks and you have to deal with the maker it separates the good one from the less than good ones right quick.

VooDoo

Been running an Athlon Argos BTR10-40X56 (puchased from Doug at Camera Land New York!) getting onto two years and last range session I noticed I could not get parallax/focus set past 200 yards. I *love* this scope and was disappointed *but* now I got the chance to check out their warranty and CS and holly shit was I impressed. I sent a heads up to Athlon Warranty Support and got a near instant reply from Sydney Thompson on their team....filled out and printed the paperwork and shipped it - within minutes of it's having been tracked and signed for at Athlon in Kansas I had a confirmation email.

They evaluated the scope and decided it had failed it's focus/parallax adjustment and decided to replace it, not repair. They replaced it with a Gen 2 NIB and holy shit the turrets on the upgrade are fabulous...they say that the glass has not been improved but I swear the last Gen 1 scope was "OK" in the glass department with a fair amount of CA at max magnification and this one has better contrast and brightness than my comparably priced Vortex Crossfire II and barely a hint of CA at max magnification. The new turrets are super clicky in their detents and it has a zero stop that when it engages you can feel and hear it lock.

View attachment 7375725

I am now officially an Athlon Whore for Life. Rarely have I seen such customer service and attention to getting me back up and running and *I'm* a Customer Service/Field Service rep for 40+ years!! Super kudos and thanks to Athlon and a reminder that you can buy Athlon with total confidence in their CS and Warranty repair/replace.

VooDoo
    “Athlon Whore for Life” sounds like the good life.

That makes three of us. I love this scope but if there is anything about it that I'd like to see improved it'd be the eye relief as it's very short. But on a scope of this price I'm not complaining at all. Bang for the $ I'll live with it easily for what I'm doing.

VooDoo