• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes two vortex ffp viper pst's or one nf atacr with quick detach

B

boomer81

I've just bought a ar-10 and a 700 xcr 300 win would you buy two viper pst's ffp scopes or just go for the nf 5-25 atacr with quick detach. also i have a leupold vx III 6.5-21 i could run on the ar-10 in a pinch and when i get target turrets it would work great for it. but i use it for my varmint guns at the momentive never had a scope with zero stop with the nf it should take much to rezero from 300 to 308 should it. i have the feeling most of the time it will be on the 300. thanks to all

You are comparing FFP to SFP. First you need to figure what you want to use. Then you can start looking for scopes. If you want and need a FFP scope you won't be happy with the SFP ATACR.

I love my ATACR and for my application it fits perfect; however, I also have FFP optics for that application. So as Rob said, find your direction and needs based on the type of shooing you will do then decide FFP/SFP.

After that I would suggest that you avoid the scope swapping if your looking for any kind of precision, fist shot must count shooting. Even when the best QD mounts are used there will still be a shift in zero and you will need a few rounds to re-zero. It may only be a small shift but it will be there. Now for just plinking steel at 300-500 it may not be an issue but it will be there. And your swapping on different platforms so that will be magnified.

I agree with Chris above, if the case presented two PST's but I would also look a bit deeper into what you want and how you will be using your gear. There may be even better options out there.

Sully

You are comparing FFP to SFP. First you need to figure what you want to use. Then you can start looking for scopes. If you want and need a FFP scope you won't be happy with the SFP ATACR.

^^^ this first. decide what you need or want.

After that, youre already looking at some high quality stuff, ie the ATACR. So, chances are you will eventually upgrade to two higher quality scopes Chris is right with the different heights. You could use an AR height mount on your ar10 and your 700, but you would need a high cheek pad for it. Other option is get a QD mount the correct height for your 700 and get the complimenting height riser on yoru AR10 to bring you to that 1.5''. Not the best idea because you will risk losing your zero.

Invest what you can into your optics, its worth every penny. If you can squeeze a little more out for a pair, the Bushnell's would be a extremely nice dual to go for. hard to beat for the price.

Really pick out teh criteria you need and want (ffp vs SFP, mag range, objective size, etc). Might help you make your decision.

Trevor B.

Why not two used Bushnell DMR's?

That is what I would do. The Bushnell Elite G2DMR FFP 3.5-21X50 is a great scope.

Quote=sulcop96
I just bought a bushnell g2dmr from Scott at liberty optics for what I consider to be a fantastic price. I was looking at the swfa also but it wasn't in stock when I bought. From what I hear the SS has better glass, but I really like the G2 reticle and it was considerably cheaper than the SS.

First let me preface my comments, I love my Nightforce scopes. I have never had any luck switching scopes from one rifle to another. Most often requiring a large shift in POI. Even with the best QD mounts putting a scope you have taken off back on the same rifle has always required some readjustment. I have used Bobro, LaRue and ADM QD's and all required some adjustment when returned to the original rifle. The problem is much greater when using 2 different rifles. So I say get 2 Bushnell Elite FFP G2DMR'S 3.5-21X50 scopes (I own 2) rather than 1 ATACR.

Last edited:
Wow define irony. I went with the 4-16pst ffp and im getting a razor hd 2 when it comes out.

So here is the irony I had a bushnell elite tac with a horus reticle. Loved it I also had a pair of arc range finder binos i bought from scope stop off ebay. I had full warranty and they fell out of my door of my truck and broke the outside of one eye piece. Total cosmetic.

Everything worked but i sent it in. I figured it would cost me a little. It was my fault and i was honest.
They sent me a bill for full msrp. over $150 what i paid. Like $800 and said they dont honor ebay sales. I told them my local bass pro and acadmy 75 miles away didnt stock em i live in the fucking sticks and they needed to get with the times.

And i told the total overland park kansas based bastard prick on the phone. that i was ripping a $2k scope off my rifle that day and hocking it. and would never deal with them again. Im sure i hurt the asshole who is probably at chillis now feelings. Worst warranty ive ever dealt with. And trust me ive got mine and cost em money.

Last edited by a moderator: