• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Tx22 competition with vortex venom

swadearms

Private
Minuteman
Oct 24, 2022
Canada
Just got my new tx22 comp. Love this gun ran 400 rounds of verious ammo through it and it ate it all with 2 minor FTF and FTE. So this isn't about the gun. Its about the sight. I ran out of elevation ajustment. Was about 3 inches high when it bottomed out. Vortex said its a gun issue and said to buy a shim. Fine, it's 12 buck us to buy but 50 bucks to ship. Wich now put the sight in the range of a new ff4. But if it's a milling issue will I run out of elevation on a new one. Anyone else have this issue and any ideas would be great.

Last edited:
Get a base with elevation in it for a solid fix.
Use a trimmed piece of soda can or tape for a temporary fix.

I'm actually going to a match this weekend, with about 10 pieces of tape under my rear scope tube for a temp fix to get me to 500 with my Anschutz.

I know I know... its a temp fix and everything is fine. Gonna get some kelbys eventually haha

Did you loc-tite and tighten the mount? Mine came loose before and caused POI issues.
Yeah it was loose when I got it. Used Loctite torqued todown to spec. Nothing loosened off and it was all right when I removed it. Maybe the milling was off a tiny bit.

Reactions: EWS