• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

U.S. M14s, tools of the trade in the Philippines

Mike Shoots Stuff

Gunnery Sergeant
Minuteman
I just got back from the Phillippines last night. While I was there the Philippine Marine Scout Sniper school was training the area. All students learn to shoot with the M14 service rifle out to 600 meters with iron sights. Checking the recievers I found that these were original M14 recievers Some still had original wooden stocks with the defense eagle and proof stamped on them. The rest had synthetic stocks. Enjoy the Pictures!

YTPP.png

DSC01635.jpg

DSC01626.jpg

DSC01624.jpg

DSC01623.jpg

DSC01614.jpg

DSC01608.jpg

DSC01603.jpg

DSC01600.jpg

DSC01599.jpg

Re: U.S. M14s, tools of the trade in the Philippines

Nice pictures. Did they let you shoot it? On FA?

I'm drooling at the SA one. Made in the REAL Springfield Armory. If only those rifles could talk, wouldn't be surprised if some saw service in Nam.

They did let me shoot them which was a nice treat. I'm the guy in the PT gear in the top 3 pictures. Not on full auto though. I only saw one with the full auto switch, the rest had that stud in place. I wonder the same thing about nam, that's why I posted some S/Ns hoping some salt dog might remember his.

Thanks for sharing i carried an m 14 in Iraq for 6 months.The only reason i didnt carry it all tour was i had to beg,barrow,and steal enough mags.Thanks again

I would love to have that TRW.

I also got some magazines from them for some 30 round 5.56 mags, they still sport the 20 rounders. They had quite a few different makers, some I didn't get pictures of. But there was springfield national armory, winchester, TRW and H&R.

Cool pics. Where in the PI were you?

Outstanding pictures!

Nice pictures- some of our troops are probably still useing them too. I had a Winchester M14 issued to me in 2004-2005. I replaced guys that were also fielding M14's and the 101'st replaced my unit and they were using M14's also (unlike us and the people before us, they were using them on the squad level- not platoon level, and with iron sights not optics).

Checkout the troop in the 3rd photo flashing the "A attack". That guy's been to the Nipa Hut. Fo' shore.

Awesome Pics,
"If those guns could talk" is right haha! i wonder what has been looked at through those sights!

Great pix! The M14 seems like an odd choice to me since the average height/weight of phillippino men is not as conducive to handling the M14 compared to the M16... I'm sure theres some politics behind that choice.

The politics were they got them free as US Foreign Military Aid/Assistance.

some times I wish I was foreign and in need of aid... if it meant receiving some free M14's... and then i remember how nice it is to live in a country where I don't have to worry about a war going on outside my door
smirk.gif

train of thought kinda did a loop on that one :p

From the feedback I got the like the M14 over the M16 (hmm...) They say when you shoot at ASG with an M16 they are not scared. But when you shoot at them with an M14, they get scared. Can't make it more simple.

Is that an SR-25 hiding behind the tree?

Great pix, thanks for sharing. Like the bloody thumbprint on that *77 receiver!

M14 = Effective martyrdom facilitator.

@GoWyo That is the MSSR, Marine Scout Sniper Rifle. 5.56 free floated M16 made in the Philippines. I want to say by Elisa Machine and tool. That one in particular had a Burris Scope on it. The Reticle was a Duplex Plain crosshair with 3 hash marks, I guess some sort of BDC.

Great pics and thread.
Saw something in a magazine about the PI M14s some time back,this thread and pics just make me almost want to move over there.
Thanks for putting it up,and some one posted they had a hard time getting mags while in Iraq some while back.
I wonder if the supply ever caught up.

Some folks sent over Mags they had stockpiled...For the M14s and wonder did you ever see or hear of this practice.?

I haven't heard of getting mags sent from the states before. I heard the last m14 mags were made in 1998... So i don't know how many are sitting in wharehouses. In 2008 i was able to get a few in plastic wrapping still, but i don't remember where they came from.

Check-Mate Industries (Wyandanch, NY) has a couple contracts since 2005 for M14 magazines. If you see a M14 magazine sealed in a blue plastic bag with a contract label, it was made by Check-Mate Industries. CMI has been the sole contractor for M14 magazines for the US government since 1985. FYI, I'm not affiliated with Check-Mate Industries, just passing along some information.