• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

U.S.OPTICS retical identification

b1 det

Private
Minuteman
Mar 19, 2009
SE MICHIGAN
Hello hide,

I bought a used ST-10 and I'm trying to identify the retical that's in it. It looks very similar to the RDP but without the hash mark above the cross hairs and there are no numbers representing hash mark values. Does this ring a bell to anyone?

Thanks in advance!

570E3031-0A9B-4F3B-8EC1-DF2F3169268C.jpeg

Back in the old days USO did lots of custom reticles, and had a pretty big selection of in-house designed reticles. It may not be any of the commonly known reticles.

It looks to be a mil hash reticle with .2 mil divisions. Does the scope have mil turrets?

I have an old ST10, but mine has a gap reticle. It's my favorite scope. The glass quality and build quality are really good.

So, no markings to indicate if the turrets are mil or moa? Got a pic of the markings around the circumference of the turret?

Are the markings divisions like, 3 small marks between the bigger marks, indicating 1/4 moa increments, etc? Or 4 small marks between the bigger marks, indicating .1 mil per division?

Your pic is just blurry enough that I can't see the divisions on the windage turret.

The top cap doesn't help, since I think they used the same top cap on both moa and mil erek turrets.

Last edited:
With 1/4 moa turrets, every 4th click lands on a number. Like this:

Mil turrets, every very 10th click lands on a whole number. Like this:

I don't mean to sound condescending, so I hope you don't take it that way. I'm assuming your level of scope knowledge based on your response to my turret question, being that pic from the top. No offense is intended.

I'm not easily offended Ken and even if I was butt hurt I was raised by a man that told me to keep my cool and learn something anyway. I tried to get better pictures of the retical but was unable. I did get another pic of the turret.

So you know Ken your assessment of my knowledge is spot on.
20210712_192006.jpg

Attachments

• 20210712_192539.jpg
    20210712_192539.jpg
    514.3 KB · Views: 32
  • 20210712_192006.jpg
    20210712_192006.jpg
    295.7 KB · Views: 39
  • 570E3031-0A9B-4F3B-8EC1-DF2F3169268C.jpeg
    570E3031-0A9B-4F3B-8EC1-DF2F3169268C.jpeg
    272.8 KB · Views: 38
  • C372BEC6-F1F2-47A9-87AF-99C6A57DF786.jpeg
    C372BEC6-F1F2-47A9-87AF-99C6A57DF786.jpeg
    272.9 KB · Views: 33
That appears to be 1/2 moa elevation turret, 1/4moa wind turret and a mil hash reticle.

It was probably a custom ordered setup.

I'm not certain and could be wrong, but that doesn't sound like one of their off the shelf configurations.

Taking a precision rifle class would be the most effective way. I'd recommend Caylen @ modern day sniper. He'll get a kick out of the 1/2, 1/4 moa/mil scope setup😆, but those were pretty popular back in the day, so I'm sure he has plenty of experience with them. You can also try to get in on one of Franks classes.

Absent that,
Asking questions here should get you started, as well as some YouTube videos.

Since your turrets adjust in moa increments:

And, since your reticle appears to be a mil reticle, with 0.2 mil subdivisions:

I'm not easily offended Ken and even if I was butt hurt I was raised by a man that told me to keep my cool and learn something anyway. I tried to get better pictures of the retical but was unable. I did get another pic of the turret.

So you know Ken your assessment of my knowledge is spot on.View attachment 7666894
Hi there,

Maggie with U.S. Optics here! I've read through the thread and reviewed the reticle images that you provided. The reticle is definitely one of our lesser known (secret menu item, if you will) reticles that we offered in the past. The reticle is the MOA Scale WITHOUT the numbers. Here is a link to the PDF of the MOA Scale Reticle with numbers, which you can use as a reference. https://www.usoptics.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/04/FDN-10X-MOA.pdf

The smaller hash marks are 2 IPHY (Inch Per Hundred Yards) and the larger hash marks would then be 10 IPHY.

The elevation knob appears to be 1/2 IPHY per click (hash marks).

If you have any further questions, feel free to reach out to us at [email protected]

Reactions: ken226