• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

U.S. Orders Covert Military Action in Mideast

drmarc

ToothDoc
Minuteman
Feb 20, 2003
Hillbilly , Kentucky
Why do we find it necessary to advertise our intentions or at the very least confirm them, seems absurd.... NY Times of course.....

LINK TO ARTICLE

U.S. Orders Covert Military Action in Mideast

FOXNews.com

Gen. David Petraeus, the head of U.S. Central Command, is said to have signed a directive authorizing Special Operations troops to conduct surveillance missions in Iran, Saudi Arabia, Yemen and Somalia.

May 21: U.S. forces sit in the darkness during an ambush on Taliban fighters in Afghanistan's Kandahar province.
The Pentagon has approved a broader range of secret military operations against militant groups in the Middle East and Africa, officials said Monday, according to a published report.

The New York Times said Gen. David Petraeus, the head of U.S. Central Command, signed a directive in September authorizing Special Operations troops to conduct surveillance missions in such countries as Iran, Saudi Arabia, Yemen and Somalia.

The document says the goals are to "penetrate, disrupt, defeat or destroy" militant groups, including Al Qaeda, and "prepare the environment" for future attacks. The Times said the document does not authorize offensive action.

Anonymous U.S. officials cited by the Times said the order does allow for intelligence-gathering missions in Iran, which could lay the groundwork for possible military action if tensions between the U.S. and Iran continue to rise.

The directive, called the Joint Unconventional Warfare Task Force Execute Order, does not describe specific missions, although the Times said it had withheld some details in response to Defense Department concerns over U.S. troop safety.

Some of the covert military operations that followed the secret order have been reported.

These include a September 2009 attack by helicopter-borne Special Operations Forces on a car carrying one of east Africa's most wanted Al Qaeda militants, Kenyan-born Saleh Ali Saleh Nabhan.

According to Reuters, Central Command has been positioning Reaper drones at a base in the Horn of Africa. Officials told the news agency the drones can be used against militants in Yemen and Somalia, and even against pirates who attack ships traversing the Gulf of Aden and the Indian Ocean.

"They (the drones) are part of it but it is much broader than that," one U.S. official told Reuters of the order

Re: U.S. Orders Covert Military Action in Mideast

The reason the US Government does this is because they want to lose the war and get all their military personnel to die and then China can invade the US with minimal causalities to the Chinese military. This is all part of the big picture; I just believe people can't see what is going to happening soon.

This is the real war on terror beginning.

Take out the big army, allow the terrorists to walk freely and then take em out...we did it in the 70's and it worked great (Egypt)...

But the NY Times would betray our country for a story...

love how we tell everyone what we're gonna do

I wouldnt have heard about this if Fox news hadnt told me NY Times had reported it. Their all as bad as each other.So much for Covert...why not just get our troops to twitter all their movements to enemy...

its frikin stupid they would post this on fox news. i was awake when it first aired this morning... im like wtf lets just tell drug dealers when we are going to raid there house too...

it w as a published report, it was already in public domain, it's not a scoop or anything. I'm pretty sure the enemy has the websites of the US Gov and Military on their favorites list already...

I wonder why the Military deemed it necessary to publish the report in the first place.

Maybe this is what Obama meant when he talked about transparency. Not transparency for us but our enemies.

Maybe we should get her to bounce around on one of Irans borders while our forces sneek in on other side and take all their nukes. Pretty sure she could distract even the most devout fundamentalist ...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jericho</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Maybe we should get her to bounce around on one of Irans borders while our forces sneek in on other side and take all their nukes. Pretty sure she could distract even the most devout fundamentalist ... </div></div>

HAHA I like your idea!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: EventHorizon</div><div class="ubbcode-body">it w as a published report, it was already in public domain, it's not a scoop or anything. I'm pretty sure the enemy has the websites of the US Gov and Military on their favorites list already...

I wonder why the Military deemed it necessary to publish the report in the first place. </div></div>

Link please. Everything I've seen has referred to secret directives, and them having been leaked. Those are not public domain, and public domain stuff is not "leaked."

No links. I screwed up, the report was classified and should have stayed that way.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: slowkota</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Uhhh... what was this thread about again?

Farmboys sig is wonderful </div></div>

Farmboy changed his sig. I liked the other one!

Come on farm boy...we are trying to have a serious angry discussion here
grin.gif

lol, yeah i have wanted to be a pilot, a race car driver... now i want to be a door in that gals bedroom, lol

We wont start a war with Korea, We will loose, Marines win battles by fire superiority and the Koreas out number us like 4000000 to 1 meaning they could basically throw rocks and still win. We know this, as far as Special Operation Commands, The Marine Corps has MARSOC now and its a SPecial Operations unit that allows anyone in the Marine Corps (except woman) who can pass the indoc to be apart of it. Noone in the administration wants to openly say we are fighting smaller wars on terrorism in other countrys so they make "covert" units to go do work while they gleam off the casualtieis of war in the stan.